Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Notting Hill Carnival 2009 - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Notting Hill Carnival 2009 (1496 Views)

Photos: Notting Hill Carnival Children’s Day 2014 / Notting Hill Carnival 2013 + Nigerian Corner In Pictures / Photos From The NIGERIAN CORNER On Adela St At The Notting-hill Carnival 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by nuesaweso(f): 10:19am On Aug 14, 2009
Holla ppl,

Notting Hill carnival is here again! 30 - 31st August. Let me know if you'll be there so we can hook up.

Guess what? I have never attended any of the carnival in the past cos I live in the midlands but I wont miss it this year.

Have you attended any in the past? What was the experience like and how do I catch max fun?

Does anyone know where the after party is at?

Any nairalander coming around this year?
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by tboy1(m): 10:34am On Aug 14, 2009
nues aweso:

Holla ppl,
Notting Hill carnival is here again! 30 - 31st August. Let me know if you'll be there so we can hook up.
Guess what? I have never attended any of the carnival in the past cos I live in the midlands but I wont miss it this year. Have you attended any in the past? What was the experience like and how do I catch max fun?

I attended NHC from 2000-2004 and havent been there since. Its not as much fun it used to be but since you'll b going for the first time u might enjoy it.Good food, nice music (very loud most of the time and u'll enjoy it more if you love soca music) and yeah lots of ladies.Tracking down nigerian section might be hard but u'll probably find it- u dont need anyone to tell u where the nigerian section is, once you see it, you'll know its the naija section

nues aweso:

Does anyone know where the after party is at?
There is one in central london on sunday, not sure about monday
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by manmustwac(m): 12:22am On Aug 23, 2009
i'll be there next weekend seling my whistles horns and dodging the police as usual wink
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by nuesaweso(f): 7:12am On Aug 25, 2009
tboy1:

I attended NHC from 2000-2004 and havent been there since. Its not as much fun it used to be but since you'll b going for the first time u might enjoy it.Good food, nice music (very loud most of the time and u'll enjoy it more if you love soca music) and yeah lots of ladies.Tracking down nigerian section might be hard but u'll probably find it- u dont need anyone to tell u where the nigerian section is, once you see it, you'll know its the naija section
There is one in central london on sunday, not sure about monday

Hmm, no longer as fun. I better cut down on my expectations.

Heard Dbanj will be in town for 25 quid. Will still be there.

manmustwac:

i'll be there next weekend seling my whistles horns and dodging the police as usual wink

Why do you have to dodge the police? Is it illegal to sell whistle horns?

Moderators, next time you ban me for posting spam messages, I will sperm NL cos I cant rem ever postin spam messages. Rubbish!
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by nuesaweso(f): 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2009
2 days to go, Are u coming?
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by buffead(f): 12:42am On Aug 30, 2009
yeh yeh cnt waitttt hope da nigerian corner will hold dis year last year angrydere was no naija corner ermmmmmmm
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by nuesaweso(f): 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2009
Yea, there will be a naija corner this yr. Heard naija was banned last yr cos they fought with Jamo people in 2007.

I'll soon be heading out. Will end up at Julius Agwu, anyone coming? Buzz me now!
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by mohawkchic(f): 2:52am On Aug 31, 2009
~Still undecided. .Over the years i've only missed out on going to last year's carnival as i was away. . .

~Its usually a planned event for me & my g/f. . . Until last year,My cousin's use to live in Ladbroke grove where a Bunch of us will meet up,spend the night b4 the carnival,BBQ's on grill. . Music. . full mode party mood. . . .WE can stroll to the streets, watch the carnival go by,take pics. . .

~My cousin has moved house now plus i find the footage of what happened last year quite disturbing! My son isnt keen to go either so i might end up going to watch footie!

Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by nuesaweso(f): 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2009
Today was very peaceful, sign of good things for Notting hill carnival.

Off to Moonlighting for the after party, will post full report and pictures later.
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by manmustwac(m): 11:22pm On Aug 31, 2009
nues aweso:

Why do you have to dodge the police? Is it illegal to sell whistle horns?
Well sometimes they give us grief. Just got back from the carnival am sure i must've made at least around 600 pounds today
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by mohawkchic(f): 2:16am On Sep 01, 2009
~Looking forward to see the pics Nues Awso~
Re: Notting Hill Carnival 2009 by Gabry(f): 2:51am On Sep 01, 2009

(1) (Reply)

How Different Country Celebrated the New years! / Happy International Kissing Day! See Photos Of Celebrities Sharing Kisses / Nigerian Big Boy Sprays Over N2 Million At A Wedding In Owerri. Photos/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.