Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

No Politician Has The Moral Justification To Call Another Politician Corrupt.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Politician Has The Moral Justification To Call Another Politician Corrupt.... (252 Views)

Pdp Has No Moral Justification To Critise PMB- Oyegun / APC Blasts PDP: You Lack The Moral Basis To Comment On Nigerian Economy / Doyin Okupe: No Politician Alive Can Stand Buhari’s Popularity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Politician Has The Moral Justification To Call Another Politician Corrupt.... by WaZoBiaLander: 4:02pm On May 11, 2016
NOBODY OR POLITICIAN HAS THE MORAL JUSTIFICATION TO CALL ANOTHER PERSON OR POLITICIAN CORRUPT, UNLESS....

Corruption is a form of dishonest or unethical conduct by a person entrusted with a position of authority, often to acquire personal benefit.[1] Corruption may include many activities including bribery and embezzlement, though it may also involve practices that are legal in many countries.[2] Government, or 'political', corruption occurs when an office-holder or other governmental employee acts in an official capacity for personal gain.

Sometimes, I get surprised how some people accuse other people of corruption knowing fully well deep within their hearts that they are also directly or indirectly guilty of that same corruption. I'm not trying to support or be against any Party and I won't mention any name nor make reference to any case(ongoing, already concluded or never brought up/raised or investigated) but in Nigeria today, we have a situation where only politicians of a particular party are believed to be free of corruption, thereby accusing politicians of the other party(ies) of being the only corrupt people, disregarding the fact that some of the politicians presently in the "accusing party" were previously with the politicians in the "accused party" and possibly partook in whatever act of corruption that was done by the accused party both in the federal and state levels.

No need defining corruption or listing the various types or methods of corruption but theft, embezzlement, fraud, are the major cases of corruption bedeviling our country especially in every sector of the Government but it would be highly untrue to say that no past Governor, Senator, minister, Commissioner, L.G.A Chairman,political office-holder, etc in any Party(both the accusing and accused) is completely free of corruption in any or every way, whether the corruption is petty or grand/massive.

In Daddy Freeze's reply to PM Davide Cameron, he quoted the book of JOHN 8:7 which says "let him who is without sin be the first to throw/cast a stone" but I just wonder why he has never quoted this to any of our stone-casting/stone-throwing, holy-art-thou, Saintly Politicians in the accusing party who with corruption allegations surrounding them(accused,alleged by both their States and individuals).

The Bible says in; Matthew 7:3-5
Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?
How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' while there is still a beam in your own eye?
You hypocrite, first take the plank/log/beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

BOTTOM LINE: NOBODY OR POLITICIAN HAS THE MORAL JUSTIFICATION TO CALL, ACCUSE OR CONDEMN ANOTHER PERSON OF CORRUPTION UNLESS THE ACCUSER IS A TRUE MAN OF GOD AND/OR SOMEONE COMPLETELY FREE OF EVERY FORM OF CORRUPTION(theft, embezzlement, fraud, bribery, favouritism/nepotism,clientelism,etc). If you've ever diverted even #1,000 of public fund/money for your personal use(whether you're a Government official,office-holder, banker, Pastor, church worker, Course rep, etc), then I guess you're guilty of corruption in your own little way. There's every possibility that if a person can embezzle money while occupying a small position with access to little money, that same person can also do more in a bigger position with access to huge amount of money.
So before you accuse another person of corruption, examine your conscience and double check yourself to know if you're completely free of the types of corruption mentioned above, including ME.
Re: No Politician Has The Moral Justification To Call Another Politician Corrupt.... by temitemi1(m): 4:05pm On May 11, 2016
Pls tell that to mr president cool cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Advice To Niger Deltan Avengers... / What Would You Do If You Were Told You Have Two Months To Live? / President Buhari Mourns Ex-presidential Aspirant, Umaru Shinkafi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.