Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Scammers At It Again As E-begging Gains Ground On Facebook! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scammers At It Again As E-begging Gains Ground On Facebook! (647 Views)

Man Spots Couple He Helped 3 Years Ago Begging On Same Issue / Money Medicine Scammers Who Defrauded Man Of N31million / Lady Falls For Scammers On Attempt To Help A Fake Sick Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scammers At It Again As E-begging Gains Ground On Facebook! by obynoses(m): 4:24pm On May 11, 2016
Friends, let us try not to be lazy to change our Passwords monthly. If you think you will be forgetting it then use codes to memorize it. Like my password in January 2015 was P@SSw0rd1/15, meaning PasswordJanuary/2015. In February 2015 i changed it to P@SSw0rd2/15. Now, you can guess my password "P@SSword5/16". That is how to code passwords and hackers will not temper with your timeline. If you check my password above, it contains capital letters, small letters, special characters and it is uniquely short. That makes it a strong one. Dont just use "Angela1988" , "Princess" or your phone number. They recently have introduced what i term "e-Begging" to social networks. Daily, people add up people on Facebook just to beg, a total stranger of recharge cards. This morning, they hacked into one of my friend's "Ike Frank" account and used it to beg recharge cards. If i had not used my brain box well, i would have fallen. Just imagine a Doctor friend of mine, who i know cant ordinarily beg me of N200 MTN, begged me of N100 just to make calls because he is in a workshop where he cant see card sellers. My man, i almost fell for this; and if such hacker succeeds in 500 friends' accounts then he goes home with N50,000 recharge card daily. The worst is that you cant trace him because you sent it to a chat tray where he easily copies for a resale. So, let us not be lazy to code our passwords monthly. Use your current password but add few characters to it and they wont get your account hacked. If you ignore this warning, tomorrow, they might use your account to beg me of N200 recharge card, and if i fall, you will pay me back. The screenshot below is a victim's chat with me just now. From Otuu O.

Re: Scammers At It Again As E-begging Gains Ground On Facebook! by Herapal(m): 8:21am On May 12, 2016
Too bad

(1) (Reply)

Chibok Girls: Kidnapped Amina Reunited With Family / Man Rapes Two Daughters / Mother Of Seven Killed While Evangelizing In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.