Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG (89667 Views)

Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Students In Akwa Ibom Disrupt Townhall Meeting Organized By FG / Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 11, 2016
Rexyl:

Defending a failed system can't be an exception in polarized society where many focus on interest and selfish gains. What can you do to bring back to life those dying of the ongoing suffering?

There is only one idea....industrialization.

With that we can get more money than we would ever need.

Relying on resources like oil...whose prices we do not control.....means poverty is always at your door.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by openmine(m): 6:49pm On May 11, 2016
Akshow:
you call this good work You call this callous and wicked decision which will only add more suffering to the already suffering masses good decision May God forgive you.
read d comments of the guy you quoted very well...he was only trying to be sarcastic grin grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by phlemzy: 6:50pm On May 11, 2016
There is something abnormal about the thing happening in this country. We didn't bargain for this kind of hardship. Oh God where hath thou eyes
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by blazer234: 6:51pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
It was the right thing to do.

I opposed GEJ.....but his plan to remove the subsidy I did not oppose...because it made sense even then.

We can be thankful that our Government has the boldness to admit they were wrong...and make the necessary changes.

Anyone opposing this better recall that we are not masters of our destiny here. We need oil to be 123 USD per barrel....and right now, it sin't even at 50USD. Time we faced reality.

GEJ should have saved....but that means we would have had to take this decision next year.

God preserve Nigeria.

The government deserve no praise until they apologise to gej.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Akshow: 6:53pm On May 11, 2016
allenuzoma:

Haven't u heard of 'sarcasm' before??... This ur dullness is the highest av seen in my life!!!
otondo, the person I quoted replied me explaining reasons for his comment which shows its not sarcasm as u foolishly believe. grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Harrisonwo(m): 6:53pm On May 11, 2016
Those supporting this tin should note that, once there is increase in the price of crude oil... the price of PMS will increase. If it falls, price falls.
Crude oil was on the high side during GEJ regime, that was why govt paid more for subsidy. Now that crude price has fallen, these present regime should have channelled the excess money to other tins.

Well some zombies will still support this moves sha:
BOOOHARI achievements for one year:
1)Electricity tariff increase,
2)taxation of deposit into bank account(for christ sake, why should I pay for money I put for safe keeping in addition to the bank charges I pay monthly)
3) global tour
4) increase tension along the ethnic/religious groups
5)increase in PMS by over 50%
6) increased inflation
7) increase in unemployment
cool high cost of living etc

Come 2019, as I said in one of my article. If PDP reorganised their house and APC continue wt this their reckless act. I see PDP returning to power

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by ekpesa(m): 6:53pm On May 11, 2016
GEJ using simple principles of economics understood that removal of fuel subsidy was the best way out but the Dull headed people who are now in govt fought and refused it saying it was wrong, today after testing their dull ideas and allowing us to suffer for several months with fuel scarcity they have now fallen back to their vomit. where is the integrity they said Buhari has?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by dammyllare(m): 6:54pm On May 11, 2016
MeAboki:

Sorry, no comparison when GEJ tried it he was presiding over a wasteful corrupt govt; with surplus earnings from crude oil at over 150 dollars/barrel; compared with present earnings at around 40 dollars/barrel,which is approx 1/4 previous earnings; you will begin to see reasons why Buhari has no alternative than to remove subsidy - at least now we will begin to see petrol to buy.
It is either you are retarded in a way or not conversant with happenings because GEJ took this step when OPEC just reduced oil per barrel to $66.25

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 11, 2016
blazer234:

The government deserve no praise until they apologise to gej.

For what?

The 2012 protest was not carried out by APC which did not exist. It was led by the Labour Unions and by Nigerians who could not see the potential benefits of subsidy removal. Instead....all they saw was high prices.(AC joined the protest late. CPC did not even make much noise...and the PDP boys that are now in APC supported the removal then. Politics eh?).

I expect this decision to attract protests too. And I won't be surprised if it does.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Akshow: 6:54pm On May 11, 2016
openmine:

read d comments of the guy you quoted very well...he was only trying to be sarcastic grin grin
actually he wasn't sacarstic cos he replied me emphasizing his points.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Rexyl(m): 6:55pm On May 11, 2016
The country might have got only one chance to survive... Coping with and smiling in suffering. May God help us

In fact I am particularly annoyed about bad development in the country when phcn brought an outrageous bill to my house this afternoon and threatened to disconnect us by Friday. I lamented over how they got the reading which is over two thousand for the power outage that can be calculated as 95% for the month. Abi in a situation where electricity is available for 1-2 hours per day, and some days will be total blackout
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 11, 2016
The earliest Nigerians starts harming their nearest politicians around the better. If you all are thinking God will save.. Keep thinking and wishing.. But wait oo, for this same hardship and increased fuel price, tithing will still continue or rather increase.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Taiwodada08(m): 6:57pm On May 11, 2016
zukky79:
If this is what Change entails, then I want no more of it!

Abeg who dey sell Wailer's form sef?

bro nigeria is handsome
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by hakim92(m): 6:58pm On May 11, 2016
kimond101:

Corruption within subsity will reduce small but Nigerians should prepare for hard times.
Fuel prise increases = Increase in everything

The way it works is private companies bring in
their unlimited quota and sell if they like at
N1000 per litre but the NNPC will operate
alongside at N86 per litre, it's for all to choose
where they buy. If independent don't get
patronage they keep reducing their N1000 per
litre to even below N86. The forces of demand
and supply. Simple. Will take a while for it to
normalise maybe 6mths depending on the
capability of NNPC to have enough of N86 to
challenge the independent marketers N145 per
litre.

People really need to be educated and enlightened about this deregulation and subsidy removal of a thing so that the naysayers, alarmists and pseudo economists will not be creating unnecessary fear in the minds of the gullible majority. The sole reason why preponderance of Nigerians vehemently kicked against the removal of subsidy has little to do with huge price increment but more to do with the imminent diversion of the money into private account.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by persius555(m): 7:01pm On May 11, 2016
How do you remove subsidy and go ahead to determine price commodity.
The govt should remove subsidy and allow market force determine price pending when refineries would stabilize price.
What i dont understand is why this govt is bent on fixing the price for all commodities.
Very ill-timed move.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by openmine(m): 7:01pm On May 11, 2016
Akshow:
actually he wasn't sacarstic cos he replied me emphasizing his points.
really...too bad sad sad
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 11, 2016
Harrisonwo:
Well some zombies will still support this moves sha:
BOOOHARI achievements for one year:
1)Electricity tariff increase,
2)taxation of deposit into bank account(for christ sake, why should I pay for money I put for safe keeping in addition to the bank charges I pay monthly)
3) global tour
4) increase tension along the ethnic/religious groups
5)increase in PMS by over 50%
6) increased inflation
7) increase in unemployment
cool high cost of living etc

1.The tarrif increase was part of the enabling law that brought the DISCOS into existence...which was formulated and signed by GEJ in 2014. There was nothing the current govt could do....short of renationalising the whole power sector...which would have led to them facing lawsuits in court.

2.Taxation necessary because we do not have the cash we used to have thanks to the fall in oil price. I t may be a harsh decision...but the alternative is taking more loans from the IMF.

3.He is the new guy. He has to build connections. I used to critique GEJ's trips too...until someone explained how one of the trips worked. I shut up after that.

4.WHich was present during GEJ's time too. It has always been there. Hazards of being a Nigerian. (It was worse in the 1960s' and the 1980's by the by).

5.Which was brought to you by the low oil price...meaning that we do not have the revenue to subsidize...and by the fact that we import more than 60% of our PMS used in this country. (GEJ promised to build refineries which he never built).

6.Again...an effect of being resource reliant. When you rely on revenue from resources you sell(whose price we do not control)....inflation goes up when the price goes down because you have less dollars to import....meaning you need more naira to buy dollars...which is passed onto us in the form of higher prices. (The Govt's current foreign exchange restriction is preventing the situation from being worse). That is why we have to develop industry based on local raw materials.

7.Effects of Dutch disease...and fall in foreign exchange (Which Buhari has no control over.).

8.Living costs were high for the majority during GEJ and even those who preceded him. Even at high oil price...we still have most people living in poverty. That is why we must industrialise.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Miscellaneous(m): 7:05pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari is confused. He did not planned to rule this country from the onset hence, this calamity everywhere. I won't say he is daft but, he is acting like one. Even the middle class are gradually becoming paupers.... I have never seen a president like this.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Giwaxy(m): 7:06pm On May 11, 2016
PMB is making history of being d first president to ever plunge Nigerians into dis kind of hardship!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Eastcoast33(m): 7:07pm On May 11, 2016
Feraz:
The bolded, exactly what I wrote on Facebook.
what does it mean?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Ifebazz(m): 7:10pm On May 11, 2016
jic4real:
The Federal Government, Wednesday, removed subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit, also known as fuel as it will now sell for N145 per litre.

Details later…

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/breaking-fg-removes-fuel-subsidy-sell-145-per-ltr/
This government is fantastically lying. They told us that there was no subsidy as at N96.0. So where is the subsidy being removed from? They should just admit they lied ab initio just to get into power, then we can forgive them and start seeing where they're going. Fantastic liars.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Mcowubaba: 7:11pm On May 11, 2016
When the last administration tried it, APC nd their cohorts where Occupying everywhere...
Patrick Obai...... Was speaking all those useless Language
Fashola said it can't work......
I don't need 4 years to Judge this Government....
As far as I'm concerned, if this news is true with no remedy... Buhari has failed woefully
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Rexyl(m): 7:12pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.The tarrif increase was part of the enabling law that brought the DISCOS into existence...which was formulated and signed by GEJ in 2014. There was nothing the current govt could do....short of renationalising the whole power sector...which would have led to them facing lawsuits in court.

2.Taxation necessary because we do not have the cash we used to have thanks to the fall in oil price. I t may be a harsh decision...but the alternative is taking more loans from the IMF.

3.He is the new guy. He has to build connections. I used to critique GEJ's trips too...until someone explained how one of the trips worked. I shut up after that.

4.WHich was present during GEJ's time too. It has always been there. Hazards of being a Nigerian. (It was worse in the 1960s' and the 1980's by the by).

5.Which was brought to you by the low oil price...meaning that we do not have the revenue to subsidize...and by the fact that we import more than 60% of our PMS used in this country. (GEJ promised to build refineries which he never built).

6.Again...an effect of being resource reliant. When you rely on revenue from resources you sell(whose price we do not control)....inflation goes up when the price goes down because you have less dollars to import....meaning you need more naira to buy dollars...which is passed onto us in the form of higher prices. (The Govt's current foreign exchange restriction is preventing the situation from being worse). That is why we have to develop industry based on local raw materials.

7.Effects of Dutch disease...and fall in foreign exchange (Which Buhari has no control over.).

8.Living costs were high for the majority during GEJ and even those who preceded him. Even at high oil price...we still have most people living in poverty. That is why we must industrialise.

Hope workers are right and won't be deceived again with the minimum wage of N56000, if not this government is just a fraud!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by hakim92(m): 7:12pm On May 11, 2016
It will be painful for now but in the long run, our interest will be protected. Total deregulation is long overdue.

The way it works is private companies bring in
their unlimited quota and sell if they like at
N1000 per litre but the NNPC will operate
alongside at N86 per litre, it's for all to choose
where they buy. If independent don't get
patronage they keep reducing their N1000 per
litre to even below N86. The forces of demand
and supply. Simple. Will take a while for it to
normalise maybe 6mths depending on the
capability of NNPC to have enough of N86 to
challenge the independent marketers N145 per
litre.

People really need to be educated and enlightened about this deregulation and subsidy removal of a thing so that the naysayers, alarmists and pseudo economists will not be creating unnecessary fear in the minds of the gullible majority. The sole reason why preponderance of Nigerians vehemently kicked against the removal of subsidy has little to do with huge price increment but more to do with the imminent diversion of the money into private account.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by UcantStopDTroof: 7:13pm On May 11, 2016
willyede:
when GEJ did this they were occupying everywhere lets see how Nigerians react now.....i just they laugh this country grin grin grin
When GEJ was stealing all the money where were you?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by TheFreeOne: 7:15pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

No we are not.

The subsidy is gone now. Completely.

Stop fooling yourself by trying to be smart-by-half.

Is is not the same opposition in power now that frustrated Gej attempted total removal of subsidy

Like I quoted earlier every policy of this govt will be a credit to GEJ administration. They've got nothing outside previous govt template.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by UcantStopDTroof: 7:17pm On May 11, 2016
royallord1:
lipsrsealed

the people they claim to represent... #18000. is d minimum wage set with a dollar conversion of about $120 but now its $56.25 wat dat implies that the cost of things have exprecienced about a 120% increase all based on the same 18000 minimum wage... so you already have people paying more for the same product they bought 120% cheaper a few years back...
*******GEJ A MAN OF VISION*********
*******GEJ A HERO OF DEMOCRACY*********

Instead of **** marching to the National Assembly demanding why Senators live lavish while you clowns live in penury, you'll be on here day-in-day-out praising Saraki and co. Hunger is yet to destroy your mushy brain.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 11, 2016
Akshow:
you call this good work You call this callous and wicked decision which will only add more suffering to the already suffering masses good decision May God forgive you.
I and sure that guy is one of those who went to ojota for free rice and ragolis water in 2012. Those people are too ashamed of them selves.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 11, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Stop fooling yourself by trying to be smart-by-half.

Is is not the same opposition in power now that frustrated Gej attempted total removal of subsidy

Like I quoted earlier every policy of this govt will be a credit to GEJ administration. They've got nothing outside previous govt template.

Well.considering the fact that I was one of those GEJ opponents who saw sense in the whose subsidy removal....and considering also that it was not the ''opposition'' but Nigerians led by the NLC and TUC that opposed the removal...with the politicans joining in much later...and not all of them......

And by the way....I am no friend of APC. OR PDP. I am a Nigerian.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by royallord1(m): 7:19pm On May 11, 2016
mikolo80:
the ball is in nlc court now or you prefer no fuel at 400 per litre.at least no more excuse to increase fuel price again
are u unaware that cost of food items have gone up.
are u unaware that the cost of transportation has gone up?
are u unaware that the security the government provides for her citizen make things difficult and leech on the citizens...?
are u unaware that school fees for kids has increased?
are you unaware that the government virtually provides nothing for the citizen... not water.. not light not security... not transportation.. not housing... not education... not food... not healthcare... what are they governing...?
are u unaware that the cost of light has gone up yet no commensorate increase in thepower supply.. its actually worst... i dont have light for 5 days yet i pat more for it.... pay more for nothing
are u unaware of the multitaxation being employed in mist states especially apc state... eg EDO STATE for example you pay tax to run a business.. u den pay tax to virtually all ministries that has a connection one way or the other to business... is it road task for my truck to operate in benin i purchase over 40 stickers... if i recieve goods i pay tax to over 4 different body with governments approval....
see my guy the problems are too much and the accompanied pain has now become unbearable...
below is a pic of the road tax i pay for a truck

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by RandomVic(m): 7:22pm On May 11, 2016
God what is this country turning into?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by royallord1(m): 7:31pm On May 11, 2016
UcantStopDTroof:

Instead of goats like yourself to be marching to the National Assembly demanding why Senators live lavish while you clowns live in penury, you'll be on here day-in-day-out praising Saraki and co. Hunger is yet to destroy your mushy brain.
you are trully without doubt a GRASS.... u mindset ... ur reasons are from the lowest cadre of the sense chain #GrassSense...
U think ur president became one without the financial support of saraki and his likes of AMAECHI tinubu who plundered their state and funded his campaign... a man that said he borrowed to buy the apc ticket yet can affors to train his kids abroad not just abroad the UK... a man with less than 2mill and 135cows yet his family flies first class all the time..
my guy pack ur grass brain make goat no use u shine..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Army Plays Wike's Phone Call At A Press Conference / Profile Of 'VIP' Inmates In Kuje Prison Before Attack / Bank Of Biafra Currency Found (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.