Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria (2340 Views)

‘SARS Doing Fantastically Well’ — Police Kick Against #endsars Campaign / David Cameron Calling Nigeria Fantastically Corrupt Country (Video) / David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by Yhunoos: 5:20pm On May 11, 2016
Just a day after British Prime Minister David Cameron referred to Nigeria and Afghanistan has fantastically corrupt nations, the leader of the conservatives has praised the nations for the action they have taken in combating corruption.

He made the comments during Prime Minister's Questions in response to Conservative MP Philip Davies, who asked him why aid was being given to countries he considered corrupt.

Mr Cameron said that the leaders of both Nigeria and Afghanistan were "battling hard against very corrupt systems and countries" and had made "remarkable steps forward".

He added that he did not believe it would be right to withdraw aid to such countries, as problems in those states could come back "to haunt" the UK.

On Tuesday the prime minister was criticised for his comments about corruption in Nigeria and Afghanistan.

He was caught on camera as saying: "We've got some leaders of some fantastically corrupt countries coming to Britain - Nigeria and Afghanistan, possibly the two most corrupt countries in the world".

Source: itv news

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/david-cameron-withdraws-%E2%80%98fantastically-corrupt%E2%80%99-statement-on-nigeria.211731/
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by Yhunoos: 5:21pm On May 11, 2016
David Cameron praises Nigeria and Afghanistan for anti-corruption fight

David Cameron has praised Nigeria and Afghanistan for the action they have taken in combating corruption - just a day after he called the countries "fantastically corrupt".

He made the comments during Prime Minister's Questions in response to Conservative MP Philip Davies, who asked him why aid was being given to countries he considered corrupt.

Mr Cameron said that the leaders of both Nigeria and Afghanistan were "battling hard against very corrupt systems and countries" and had made "remarkable steps forward".

He added that he did not believe it would be right to withdraw aid to such countries, as problems in those states could come back "to haunt" the UK.

On Tuesday the prime minister was criticised for his comments about corruption in Nigeria and Afghanistan.

He was caught on camera as saying: "We've got some leaders of some fantastically corrupt countries coming to Britain... Nigeria and Afghanistan, possibly the two most corrupt countries in the world".

A spokesman for Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari described the comments as "embarrassing" for the Nigerian government.

But Buhari has since said he does not want an apology from David Cameron, and an Afghan official said "bold" action had already been taken.

Delegates from countries across the world will attend a major anti-corruption conference hosted by David Cameron in London on 12 May 2016.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-05-11/cameron-praises-nigeria-and-afghanistan-for-anti-corruption-fight/
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by fotadmowmend(m): 5:22pm On May 11, 2016
Who he EPP ? Na hin fault ? No be our no 1 citizen dey give us names ?
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by CACAWA(m): 5:29pm On May 11, 2016
fotadmowmend:
we are fantastically corrupt no doubt. Leave PMB out of it.

3 Likes

Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by Goddex: 5:33pm On May 11, 2016
re
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by Yhunoos: 5:34pm On May 11, 2016
Mynd44
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by chriskosherbal(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2016
Nigerians are good people.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by Pk001(m): 5:41pm On May 11, 2016
There is no need withdrawing the statement, because the Zombie President admitted in Sky TV that Nigeria is fantastically Corrupt. I was really embarrassed.
But I put it to the President that Nigerians are not Fantastically Corrupt rather Mr President is Fantastically Corrupt. Because telling a lie for public commendation is KWARUPTION.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by fotadmowmend(m): 5:43pm On May 11, 2016
CACAWA:
we are fantastically corrupt no doubt. Leave PMB out of it.
That's hasty generalization ! I am not corrupt ! Corruption is a political phenomenon, it exists everywhere politics is . It is however wrong in my view when the number one person in the country goes around the world calling us that name.
The only problem here is unlearned masses that gives politicians freewill to do and undo when they assume office.
Now, it is happening again ! Sarakigate is a good example of this !
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by CACAWA(m): 5:45pm On May 11, 2016
fotadmowmend:

That's hasty generalization ! I am not corrupt ! Corruption is a political phenomenon, it exists everywhere politics is . It is however wrong in my view when the number person in the country goes around the world calling us that name.
The only problem here is unlearned masses that gives politicians freewill to do and undo when they assume office.
Now, it is happening again ! Sarakigate is a good example of this !
you are not corrupt?

Hian!!

You that will easily jump queue.

You that will settle policemen so that they can let you go?

You that will cheat in waec?

You that will owe Nepa but still try to use light?

Bros make I no lie, you are fantastically corrupt

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by fotadmowmend(m): 5:50pm On May 11, 2016
CACAWA:
you are not corrupt?

Hian!!

You that will easily jump queue.

You that will settle policemen so that they can let you go?

You that will cheat in waec?

Bros make I no lie, you are fantastically corrupt
Smiles....
All of these are so pathetic and it breaks my heart whenever I see young learned people doing those things.
Mind you, it happens even in London or Manchester. The word 'fantastically' is to heavy ! No one is entirely 'holy'
I used to think the 'yahoo boyz' exist only in Nigeria until I see the movie 'Plastics' which I affirmed its a true life event that happen in the heart of UK
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by IamQuins: 5:52pm On May 11, 2016
This Cameron is mad, son of a corrupt mofo
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by CACAWA(m): 5:53pm On May 11, 2016
fotadmowmend:

Smiles....
All of these are so pathetic and it breaks my heart whenever I see young learned people doing those things.
Mind you, it happens even in London or Manchester. The word 'fantastically' is to heavy ! No one is entirely 'holy'
i agree.

But do you know that I have never cheated in any exam in my life?

Except job application tests sha
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by IamQuins: 5:54pm On May 11, 2016
fotadmowmend:

That fckin kunu sipping vampire forgot when he call Nigerians criminals.
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by fotadmowmend(m): 5:54pm On May 11, 2016
CACAWA:
i agree.

Neither hav I ....
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by IamQuins: 5:55pm On May 11, 2016
CACAWA:
i agree.

Lol, this is even worst than exam malpractice.
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by IamQuins: 5:55pm On May 11, 2016
fotadmowmend:
Neither do I ....
Neither ve I....
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by Delphi(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2016
Withdraw what? He didn't withdraw anything. But, did he lie? Has corruption not ripped off the whole fabric of Nigeria? It is better we stop being hypocritical but try as much as we could to mitigate corruption. In this country, no one ever gets what is due him or her. Before you get or do anything in any public outfit be it in government hospital, police stations, prisons, schools, civil service etc, you have to bride or sort your way out. What is meant for free is being sold or paid for. The common man does not enjoy any dividends of government. This is most appalling to the extent that even aid materials for displaced/emergency-stricken people are being sold. What of employment? Can one ever get government employment on merit? - Near-impossible! What of drugs in public hospitals that are being diverted to private dispensaries? What of the police that request for bribe in order to raise trump-up charges or avert rightful prosecution? What of the judiciary that most regrettably, seeks and accepts bribe to thwart the course of justice? What of policiticians - governors, legislators that want to gather everything and appropriate same to themselves?. After looting the state public funds, governors shamelessly do write some retirement benefits and get legislators endorsement to receive as monthly pension (in cash and kind) an equivalent amount of money that will build and equip six hospitals per month for the people. What of senators that corner to themselves monthly (cash and kind), an equivalent amount of money that can build and equip six primary schools in their various constituencies monthly? Please, have you seen the list of cars in the CCB list that Saraki owns? - You may cry for this country. It is very expedient that the youth do not support the avaricious-biased disposition of Nigerian politicians, lest this ship will sink.. Bro, Cameron didn't lie because things have fallen apart in Nigeria . I can't talk more.
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by coolitempa(f): 6:08pm On May 11, 2016
We don't care for his gaddem apology...like our great president said....just give us back our stolen money that you are keeping....bloody hypocrites...
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by TPAND(f): 6:10pm On May 11, 2016
I am so sure David Cameron hasn't seen this

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by Noneroone(m): 6:29pm On May 11, 2016
Am i the only one still searching to see where the statement was withdrawn.
Hmmm... this damage control wont help

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by PurpleHouse(m): 6:32pm On May 11, 2016
He did it intentionally. So no freaking need of his apologies.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by fotadmowmend(m): 6:32pm On May 11, 2016
IamQuins:

Neither ve I....
Thanks
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by IamQuins: 7:01pm On May 11, 2016
fotadmowmend:
Thanks
Uwc Boss
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by moneybag100: 7:03pm On May 11, 2016
The deed has already be done.
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by Fugazi: 7:07pm On May 11, 2016
Please stop the sentiment.

Nigeria is corrupt. No need to withdraw it. Only the corrupt would recognize another element of corruption.

Only people that know their father's name won't deny the level of corruption in Western countries surpasses Nigeria own.

Ask your history teacher how the UK became rich.
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by amaechi1: 7:13pm On May 11, 2016
Pk001:
There is no need withdrawing the statement, because the Zombie President admitted in Sky TV that Nigeria is fantastically Corrupt. I was really embarrassed.
But I put it to the President that Nigerians are not Fantastically Corrupt rather Mr President is Fantastically Corrupt. Because telling a lie for public commendation is KWARUPTION.

The foolishness of PMB is greater the wisest person in your camp. Which I am sure a wise man will not utter the rubbish you just posted.
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by sammyj: 7:20pm On May 11, 2016
Morally Cameron did the right thing but if the truth be told the statement is fact . This should be food for thought for all of us!!! tongue
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by la1(m): 7:29pm On May 11, 2016
the headline is misleading..,there's no "withdrawal" or apology anywhere in the quoted statement
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by papparatzzi2013: 8:07pm On May 11, 2016
The keeper of looted funds should return our stolen national assets.

Both the looter and the keeper of the loots are thieves. Looters from Nigeria and Africa are thieves. So is UK and other looters safe haven.
Re: David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria by limolalikamaila: 8:57pm On May 11, 2016
Goliath Liberia can go to hell .
the stupid son of a bitch open mouth and tag a whole country a bad name, cum dey apologise.

thunder and ara fire am

(1) (Reply)

Would You Still Vote For Buhari Again Over Jonathan / NEWS UPDATE: Tinubu Backs Niger Delta, Blasts Buhari In Powerful Statement / What I Don't Understand About Igbos And Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.