Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 (3335 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Fuel Subsidy Removal: A Good Decision Taken Too Late / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Phonefanatic: 7:50pm On May 11, 2016
Price fixed at N145 hehehehehe expect food prices to rise even further. One thing I can boldly point our in past administration was how cheap and available food items were..... Still can't remember food scarcity or price rise even at festive periods.

APC= Association of Political Crooks

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by SweetGuy225: 7:50pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:

They bought it at over N150 under GEJ yet they brought his government to his knees.
What just played out is one of the disadvantages of democracy:even if those in the majority are wrong, they will still have their way. This is democracy at work. Those opposing the government are in the minority. They could be right if they oppose the current government, but they won't have their way because the majority of Nigerians trust this government and wants it to succeed.
One funny thing you've not realized is that this same majority will benefit if the minority successfully force the government to reverse it's decision.
This is why I love sociology. These are complex sociological dynamics already explained in sociology under conflict theory.There is an intellectual angle to what's happening.You need to be open minded to learn.

Before GEJ removed subsidy in 2012, fuel sold for 65 naira. The only time fuel sold above 100 naira in GEJ's government was at the twilight of his administration when there was scarcity because the govt owed marketers.
This government has created a Nigeria that is more fractured and delineated by ethnic and tribal sentiments. Hence saying that "majority of Nigerians" support the government is very untrue. Things change, the status of Buhari's popularity has changed.
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by papparatzzi2013: 7:53pm On May 11, 2016
UmuEri:
This is just the beginning. After Buhari finishes with Nigerians, they will know the difference between Oil and Water

We elected him and we are ready to stick with his bold decisions through thick and thin.

Unfortunately for you, you will partake out of his decisions too, by fire by force. He is your president and you do not have any choice.

I can imagine a looting president removing subsidy, with Dasuki and his cronies still being the janitors of CBN.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by papparatzzi2013: 7:56pm On May 11, 2016
SweetGuy225:

Before GEJ removed subsidy in 2012, fuel sold for 65 naira. The only time fuel sold above 100 naira in GEJ's government was at the twilight of his administration when there was scarcity because the govt owed marketers.
This government has created a Nigeria that is more fractured and delineated by ethnic and tribal sentiments. Hence saying that "majority of Nigerians" support the government is very untrue. Things change, the status of Buhari's popularity has changed.

Abeg park well.

GEJ was able to do that because his predecessors saved money for the country, which he looted with his cronies.If he had saved too, we will not be in this mess.

Do you think he is being called the Clueless One just for fun? He single handedly looted our national treasury from 62bn dollars to 35bn. Even his Min for Finance said he lacks th political will to save. His Cluelessness landed us where we are today and thank God patriotic Nigerians saved this country by voting him out.

May we NEVER have his type again as President.

It is high time some of you sit down and see beyond voting out GEJ and think about the future of your children. Was GEJ laying a good future for my children and children's children with his ''America will know'' ''Stealing is not corruption'' ''yam and goat tales'' ---- capital NO.

Under him, this country went to the dogs. Can you imagine someone confessing he was paid 90m for doing nothing. Do you know how much theMandela of Otuoke spent in dollars in SW when he postponed election. That was our national commonwealth the Doyin Okupe's Jesus Christ was using to do Father Xmas and ATM. We are all here today, suffering for his unpatriotic act.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by BushidoBlue(m): 8:00pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:

Unfortunately,the Nigerian majority and history has made its verdict on the man has having failed. Those who miss Jonathan are majorly those who never voted for President Buhari and they are mostly die-hard corrupt PDP supporters, indigenes of the south east and South south who clearly are presently in the minority for now.

Says someone who has all the facts at his disposal.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by UmuEri(m): 8:10pm On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

We elected him and we are ready to stick with bold decision through thick and thin.

Unfortunately for you, you will partake out of his decisions too, by fire by force. He is your president and you do not have any choice.

I can imagine a looting president removing subsidy, with Dasuki and his cronies still being the janitors of CBN.
perhaps you think everyone in Nigeria is miserable!

You're wrong. Buhari's action or inaction doesn't decide my fate or my standard of living.

Note, I don't work for govt. I'm not a hungry man. So wether Buhari remove subsidy or not, it doesn't affect my daily earning.

And to crown it all, I don't leave by the Budget of the Federal Government.

Can you say the same?
Oya since he is your president and you are the one that elected him, continue your zombiesm.

Now let me burst your bobbles, I'm one of the highest beneficiaries of this subsidy remover.

By tomorrow, all my Products and services will triple in cost, and I will be smiling to the banks! gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by SweetGuy225: 8:14pm On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Abeg park well.

GEJ was able to do that because his predecessors saved money for the country, which he looted with his cronies.If he had saved too, we will not be in this mess.

Do you think he is being called the Clueless One just for fun? He single handedly looted our national treasury from 62bn dollars to 35bn. Even his Min for Finance said he lacks th political will to save. His Cluelessness landed us where we are today and thank God patriotic Nigerians saved this country by voting him out.

May we NEVER have his type again as President.

It is high time some of you sit down and see beyond voting out GEJ and think about the future of your children. Was GEJ laying a good future for my children and children's children with his ''America will know'' ''Stealing is not corruption'' ''yam and goat tales'' ---- capital NO.

Under him, this country went to the dogs. Can you imagine someone confessing he was paid 90m for doing nothing. Do you know how much theMandela of Otuoke spent in dollars in SW when he postponed election. That was our national commonwealth the Doyin Okupe's Jesus Christ was using to do Father Xmas and ATM. We are all here today, suffering for his unpatriotic act.

I don't care about GEJ. I'm no longer his supporter. I'm only calling out the hypocrisy of you Nigerians. If GEJ wanted to remove subsidy during his regime and some nigerians rejected they should reject subsidy removal under Buhari's regime.
By the way, how much was spent to make Buhari president and where did the money come from?
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by papparatzzi2013: 8:18pm On May 11, 2016
SweetGuy225:

I don't care about GEJ. I'm no longer his supporter. I'm only calling out the hypocrisy of you Nigerians. If GEJ wanted to remove subsidy during his regime and some nigerians rejected they should reject subsidy removal under Buhari's regime.
By the way, how much was spent to make Buhari president and where did the money come from?

People protested because they do not trust his sense of judgement.

People will not protest because people still trust Buhari for now. he still has goodwill with the people and it seems the mental social contract with the people is still intact.

it was alleged that SW people were the ones that kicked against subsidy removal under GEJ, let under regions that are displeased with the removal also lead the protest this time around.

People financed Buhari. Masses contributed their widow's mite. I personally sent 50k into the account. That does not take away the fact that other major financiers of his are not thieves. Unfortunately they did not have access to Federal coffers and it is the federal coffers that PMB is probing.

Governors should take the fight further by probing their predecessors. PMB cannot do that for them or the state. He is a president and not a governor. If the poeple of a state cannot probe their past governor by themselves and drag such to EFCC, that is their headache and not PMB's purview.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by papparatzzi2013: 8:24pm On May 11, 2016
UmuEri:
perhaps you think everyone in Nigeria is miserable!

You're wrong. Buhari's action or inaction doesn't decide my fate or my standard of living.

Note, I don't work for govt. I'm not a hungry man. So wether Buhari remove subsidy or not, it doesn't affect my daily earning.

And to crown it all, I don't leave by the Budget of the Federal Government.

Can you say the same?
Oya since he is your president and you are the one that elected him, continue your zombiesm.

Now let me burst your bobbles, I'm one of the highest beneficiaries of this subsidy remover.

By tomorrow, all my Products and services will triple in cost, and I will be smiling to the banks! gringringrin

Spare us your tralalalallaallala song.

Mr president has removed subsidy, if you are not happy, let SE lead the protest, the way SW led against GEJ and let us see how effective it will be.

It is a hard and bold, but commendable decision from Mr. President.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by SweetGuy225: 8:28pm On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

People protested because they do not trust his sense of judgement.

People will not protest because people still trust Buhari for now. he still has goodwill with the people and it seems the mental social contract with the people is still intact.

it was alleged that SW people were the ones that kicked against subsidy removal under GEJ, let under regions that are displeased with the removal also lead the protest this time around.

Wow. So people trust Buhari's sense of judgement? How exactly do they trust Buhari's sense of judgement?
The way you people tell lies is amazing.
Are you not in this country? Where it has been extremely difficult to get fuel at designated prices;
inflation has skyrocketed, the naira depreciated to an all time high again against the dollar, unemployment is at the highest level in years, ethnic tensions in the country has reawakened. You witness all these and you're telling me people trust Buhari? Which people?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by FoodVendors: 8:32pm On May 11, 2016
inflation loading. .....
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by papparatzzi2013: 8:37pm On May 11, 2016
SweetGuy225:

Wow. So people trust Buhari's sense of judgement? How exactly do they trust Buhari's sense of judgement?
The way you people tell lies is amazing.
Are you not in this country? Where it has been extremely difficult to get fuel at designated prices;
inflation has skyrocketed, the naira depreciated to an all time high again against the dollar, unemployment is at the highest level in years, ethnic tensions in the country has reawakened. You witness all these and you're telling me people trust Buhari? Which people?

Those are all effects of GEJ's actions.

I repeat, our economy will not be like this if GEJ and his cronies never looted our treasury. There would have been fund to defend Naira, because dollars would have been available.

GEJ was the most divisive president ever -- he called some people rascals, his wife had the audacity to say some people are 'born-thro-way''.

People complaining are the people GEJ described as his pillar.
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by SweetGuy225: 8:47pm On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Those are all effects of GEJ's actions.

I repeat, our economy will not be like this if GEJ and his cronies never looted our treasury. There would have been fund to defend Naira, because dollars would have been available.

GEJ was the most divisive president ever -- he called some people rascals, his wife had the audacity to say some people are 'born-thro-way''.

People complaining are the people GEJ described as his pillar.

You are a hypocrite. When Okonjo was begging Nigerians to let go of petrol subsidy in order to enable the government save money, did you Nigerians agree? When you were enjoying stress-free fuel with no queues under the last administration, didn't you know it was being paid for by the government?

If GEJ was a divisive president what will you call Buhari with 97 percent versus 5 percent comment and so many others? What has Buhari done to unify the country?

Everybody is complaining under Buhari's government. Inflation does not discriminate, unemployment does not discriminate.
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by AgentGoat: 8:53pm On May 11, 2016
doublewisdom:
Nobody should occupy anywhere! Nigerians must suffer and learn the hard way.
grin grin

Learn wetin?
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Nbote(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Rather, we deserve apology from the monumental looter from Otuoke.

If we had allowed him to remove subsidy, which integrity does he have to manage what we would have saved. That is how our savings would have been looted by him and his cohorts.

The same President that looted national treasury from 62bn to 33bn, is the president you wanted us to trust with our savings.

The same president that his Min for Finance said he lacks political will to save, is the one you want us to save our subsidy money with.

I still trust this govt. Subsidy removal was expected and it has come to stay.

Bye bye to the subsidy cabal.

U are not jus a zombie but a hypocritical goat
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by papparatzzi2013: 9:04pm On May 11, 2016
SweetGuy225:

You are a hypocrite. When Okonjo was begging Nigerians to let go of petrol subsidy in order to enable the government save money, did you Nigerians agree? When you were enjoying stress-free fuel with no queues under the last administration, didn't you know it was being paid for by the government?

If GEJ was a divisive president what will you call Buhari with 97 percent versus 5 percent comment and so many others? What has Buhari done to unify the country?

Everybody is complaining under Buhari's government. Inflation does not discriminate, unemployment does not discriminate.

Where was Okonjo when GEJ, Dasuki, Diezani and their cronies turned CBN to their ATMs and personal vaults> If we had allowed her to remove the subsidy, which financial discpline have they demonstrated that they have that can make them save. How come our National Reserve dwindled from 62bn dollars to 35bn dollars under Madam World Bank.

Of course, we knew it was being paid for by Govt. We did not support the removal because we did not trust them again or have the bellieve in hem that they can effectively manage the funds to be saved from such subsidy removal. Where we wrong?

Lest we forget, what did we gained from the partial subsidy removal of GEJ?

Get real abeg.

We would still have been enjoying stress free fuel, if GEJ had saved when Oil was way above USD100. He never did. He looted everything. Therefore, there is no forex per se to purchase petrol and hence the relative scarcity.

This impacted on economy causing inflation and the paucity of FX is affecting manufacturers too, leading to unemployment.

If GEJ had not looted our treasury, there would still be enough money in the treasury to defend the Naira. Unfortunately, he was a mistake.

PMB demonstrated good faith in everybody by saying ''i am for everybody, i am for nobody''. What did he got in return for the olive branch statement he made, from the 5% -- protest for their deluded, mirage and fraud of a country, one id1ot was broadcasting hatred on an illegal station everyday and his people were hailing him and turning him to their messiah and you expect a sane person to ever take those 5% serious?

The call for self actualisation is good and legit. But, it must be done within the ambit of international acceptable standard and in accordance with the rules of the sovereign country. Not by threatening the President with war. War my foot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by UmuEri(m): 9:07pm On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Spare us your tralalalallaallala song.

Mr president has removed subsidy, if you are not happy, let SE lead the protest, the way SW led against GEJ and let us see how effective it will be.

It is a hard and bold, but commendable decision from Mr. President.
The Nigerian Labour Congress on Wednesday said
it would resist the federal government’s
scrapping of fuel subsidy and increase of petrol
price to about N145 per litre.
“The unilateral increase in prices of petroleum
products today by government represents the
height of insensitivity and impunity and shall be
resisted by the Nigeria Labour Congress and its
civil society allies,” the congress said, through a
statement by its General Secretary, Peter Ozo-
Eson.
The statement added, “With the imposition on
the citizenry of criminal and unjustifiable
electricity tariff and resultant darkness and other
economic challenges brought on by the
devaluation of the Naira and spiraling inflation,
the least one had expected at this point in time
was another policy measure that would further
make life more miserable for the ordinary Nigerian
“The latest increase is the most audacious and
cruel in the history of product price increase as It
represents not only about 80 per cent increase
but it is tied to the black market exchange rate.
“Further more, the process through which
government arrived at this is both illogical and
illegal as the board of the PPPRA is not duly
constituted. In our previous statements and
communiques, we had stressed the need for
reconstituting the boards of NNPC and PPPRA and
wean both away from the overbearing influence
of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources
who has assumed the role of a Sole Administrator.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/203264-nlc-talks-tough-says-shall-resist-increase.html
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Rayhutar(m): 9:10pm On May 11, 2016
Anybody that is supporting Buhari removal of subsidy and still condemning GEJ is an evil person, Karma will visit every human beings according to their deeds, under Buhari, all of a sudden subsidy is the best but under GEJ , na Buhari CPC, Tunubu AD and TUC,labor leading occupy Nigeria, God is watching everybody cool cool
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by UmuEri(m): 9:11pm On May 11, 2016
franchizy:
Before the removal of the subsidy, the govt have negotiated with all trade unions. This is a govt with a clear vision and mission.

During the period when GEJ removed subsidy, he never negotiated with anytrade union. It was after the removal and in view of a nationwide protest that GEJ started negotiation.

For corruption to reduce in the petroleum iindustry, subsidy removal is the first option. in as much a i agree that the timing of the subsidy removal is wrong, i enjoin all Nigerians to manage the situation.

The subsidy removal is a good step in the right direction.
The Nigerian Labour Congress on Wednesday said
it would resist the federal government’s
scrapping of fuel subsidy and increase of petrol
price to about N145 per litre.
“The unilateral increase in prices of petroleum
products today by government represents the
height of insensitivity and impunity and shall be
resisted by the Nigeria Labour Congress and its
civil society allies,” the congress said, through a
statement by its General Secretary, Peter Ozo-
Eson.
The statement added, “With the imposition on
the citizenry of criminal and unjustifiable
electricity tariff and resultant darkness and other
economic challenges brought on by the
devaluation of the Naira and spiraling inflation,
the least one had expected at this point in time
was another policy measure that would further
make life more miserable for the ordinary Nigerian
“The latest increase is the most audacious and
cruel in the history of product price increase as It
represents not only about 80 per cent increase
but it is tied to the black market exchange rate.
“Further more, the process through which
government arrived at this is both illogical and
illegal as the board of the PPPRA is not duly
constituted. In our previous statements and
communiques, we had stressed the need for
reconstituting the boards of NNPC and PPPRA and
wean both away from the overbearing influence
of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources
who has assumed the role of a Sole Administrator.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/203264-nlc-talks-tough-says-shall-resist-increase.html
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by donk552(m): 9:45pm On May 11, 2016
Businessideas:
Very funny.
I think that the silence of Nigerians so far shows that this government enjoys a great amount of goodwill from Nigerians akin to a willingness by a majority of Nigerians to make the necessary sacrifice so that Buhari will succeed and they believe any amount saved will not be looted like the GEJ administration. One interesting fact is that at the onset of GEJ's government, he enjoyed a similar goodwill before Nigerians wised up grin.The GEJ leadership was a casualty of the same corruption perception he gave Nigerians about his government and from the corruption exposed so far, Nigerians were actually smart and right by opposing that government because they never trusted them.
The lesson is that leadership is about trust and perception .
The right question should have been :What did GEJ do with the goodwill Nigerians gave him? undecided
hv sense zombie

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by donk552(m): 9:49pm On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Rather, we deserve apology from the monumental looter from Otuoke.

If we had allowed him to remove subsidy, which integrity does he have to manage what we would have saved. That is how our savings would have been looted by him and his cohorts.

The same President that looted national treasury from 62bn to 33bn, is the president you wanted us to trust with our savings.

The same president that his Min for Finance said he lacks political will to save, is the one you want us to save our subsidy money with.

I still trust this govt. Subsidy removal was expected and it has come to stay.

Bye bye to the subsidy cabal.
u need sense zombie
Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by Businessideas: 10:49pm On May 11, 2016
donk552:
hv sense zombie
Usual uncouth nairaland children. I can live with your rudeness.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by papparatzzi2013: 10:52pm On May 11, 2016
donk552:
u need sense zombie

Coming from the son of perdition, corruption apologist and hating wailer .

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: A Thread For Occupy Nigeria Season 2 by akthedream4: 11:02pm On May 11, 2016
Lvlink:
I'm sorry to say this,

You're a hypocrite. No mater the epistle you write, it's now clear to everybody that Gej was a victim of shared hatred.

Just admit it. Gej deserves an apology.
Why not ask him to re-contest so that you can vote him in.#97-#65=#32...
Kindly tell us or state what Gej did with the money?..you are the real hypocrite here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out Throwback Pic Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Hameed Ali In Military / Southwest Development Commission / Trump, Uk, US Finally Reacted To The Quit Notice And Tension Over Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.