Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] (1761 Views)

"No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer / We Are Not Aware Of Lautech’s Resumption, ASUU, SSANU Say / 15 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Attended UNIPORT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by Gerardcole(m): 6:43pm On May 11, 2016

The University of Port Harcourt which was shut down on April 11, 2016 following student riot over a new policy of "No Tuition Fee No Examination" has now been reopened for full academic activities and exams will hold on same date of resumption.

The decision to reopen the University was received at the 421 extraordinary meeting of the University senate conveyed to consider the revise academic calendar of the 2015/16 session.

Spokesperson of the University of Port Harcourt, Williams Wodi said the first semester examinations will hold on that date of resumption. Mr Wodi added that the University website that was shutdown for course registration has now been reopened to enable students conclude their registration process.

The examination is billed to hold between Monday 23rd May 2016 through Saturday, 18th June 2016 (4 weeks).

Source: http://net.netfiles.ng/forum/education/library/24864-unuport-reopened-month-shut-see-resumption-date

Lalasticlala, do the needful.
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by joshuamoses101(m): 6:54pm On May 11, 2016
No carry false info cum dump here o
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by sinaj(f): 7:10pm On May 11, 2016
Op it's not true!
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by Gerardcole(m): 7:11pm On May 11, 2016
joshuamoses101:
No carry false info cum dump here o

Confirmed it on 92.3 Ngr Info before posting. You'll begin to see and hear it in major news platforms soon.
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by Gerardcole(m): 7:18pm On May 11, 2016
sinaj:
Op it's not true!

Just tune in to radio stations if you're in Port Harcourt and you'll hear it.

I have uploaded the recording...

http://www.netfiles.ng/xXDcJbOnZ05/uniport-resumption-recording-netnaija-com-mp3.html
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by sinaj(f): 7:28pm On May 11, 2016
Gerardcole:

Just tune in to radio stations if you're in Port Harcourt and you'll hear it.

I have uploaded the recording...

http://www.netfiles.ng/xXDcJbOnZ05/uniport-resumption-recording-netnaija-com-mp3.html
I listened to it too.

Aluta greetings to everyone......... D outcome of today's meeting between we the student committee, DSA and the CSO.The student committee is made up of 15 persons now,d last person came from d angle of college of health Science dis college do not have a rep in d committee, and d college is made up of Dentistry, Basic medical science and Clinical science, the person dat is representing d college is d president of Dentistry..... Furthermore, d meeting was held at d student Affairs conference hall at choba between d student committee, DSA and CSO. We d student committee outline wat Uniport students are demanding from the school management, that. (1)the removal of No school fee, No exam policy (2)they should remove peculiar charges in all Faculties (3)No payment of damages and no victimization of any students (4)they should reinstate the SUG Union and its affiliations (5)Review /reduction of school charges (6)provisions for installment of school fees payment (7)immortalization of late cmr. Peter Ofurum (coolExtension of year one registration process (9)the school portal should be open indefinitely (10)All exams should not be written by batches and students should be allowed to write dia exams from the hostels (11)Reduction of external exams (projects) /certificate fees. After going through the demands of Uniport students by the DSA, he told us (the student committee) to come with the listed items for the meeting between we the committee and the school management by tomorrow for negotiation. And also a question was asked to the DSA by one of us (student committee) via the information on grand dat exams will start on the 23rd of May cuz it will not be wise for such to happened wen d school management has not grant us the students our demands, [b]but the DSA answered by saying he's not aware of such information for now, and dat he will find out from the school management and get back [/b]to us. Thanks.... From RT. HON. BENJAMIN ATONYE JUNIOR. Nurss President Uniport chapter, Representing Uniport stakeholders in the committee.
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by sinaj(f): 7:31pm On May 11, 2016
A text will be sent by the school registrar if it's actually on the 23rd!

Read ur books tho
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by Gerardcole(m): 7:35pm On May 11, 2016
sinaj:
I listened to it too.

Aluta greetings to everyone......... D outcome of today's meeting between we the student committee, DSA and the CSO.The student committee is made up of 15 persons now,d last person came from d angle of college of health Science dis college do not have a rep in d committee, and d college is made up of Dentistry, Basic medical science and Clinical science, the person dat is representing d college is d president of Dentistry..... Furthermore, d meeting was held at d student Affairs conference hall at choba between d student committee, DSA and CSO. We d student committee outline wat Uniport students are demanding from the school management, that. (1)the removal of No school fee, No exam policy (2)they should remove peculiar charges in all Faculties (3)No payment of damages and no victimization of any students (4)they should reinstate the SUG Union and its affiliations (5)Review /reduction of school charges (6)provisions for installment of school fees payment (7)immortalization of late cmr. Peter Ofurum (coolExtension of year one registration process (9)the school portal should be open indefinitely (10)All exams should not be written by batches and students should be allowed to write dia exams from the hostels (11)Reduction of external exams (projects) /certificate fees. After going through the demands of Uniport students by the DSA, he told us (the student committee) to come with the listed items for the meeting between we the committee and the school management by tomorrow for negotiation. And also a question was asked to the DSA by one of us (student committee) via the information on grand dat exams will start on the 23rd of May cuz it will not be wise for such to happened wen d school management has not grant us the students our demands, [b]but the DSA answered by saying he's not aware of such information for now, and dat he will find out from the school management and get back [/b]to us. Thanks.... From RT. HON. BENJAMIN ATONYE JUNIOR. Nurss President Uniport chapter, Representing Uniport stakeholders in the committee.

So you're saying spokesman for the school will confirm a report if they've not settled all parties and agreed to a resumption?

I believe this your message is from a WhatsApp group that I can't validate. So I should accept this over a report from a top news media?

Further more, date of the meeting on your message was only specified as "today" as against the Senate meeting that was held "Today 11th May 2016".
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by sinaj(f): 7:40pm On May 11, 2016
Gerardcole:

So you're saying spokesman for the school will confirm a report if they've not settled all parties and agreed to a resumption?

I believe this your message is from a WhatsApp group that I can't validate. So I should accept this over a report from a top news media?

Further more, date of the meeting on your message was only specified as "today" as against the Senate meeting that was held "Today 11th May 2016".
it was on monday!, 9th

I copied the msg nw that's why the date is 11th

Let's keep our fingers crossed tho nd see.

I hope it's really 23rd tho coz m tired of staying at hme.

Btw, the DSA there is Dean of student affairs.

Nd dis info is nt yet in d school web.
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by jeflexy(m): 9:01pm On May 11, 2016
cool
Re: Uniport Reopened After Over A Month Of Being Shut Down [see Resumption Date] by SosoHart: 11:10am On Jun 03, 2016
Please who knows if senate building and exams and records are working.is it possible to get a certificate now?

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Biology Waec Result Showing Outstanding / I Will Show You How You Can Make N1000 Daily Or N30000 Monthly Online.. / See The Funny Conversation Between Jambites (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.