Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE (959 Views)

Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates / Labour To Proceed On Strike Tomorrow Over Fuel Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by LegalIcon: 9:11pm On May 11, 2016
Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has condemned the decision of the Federal Government to increase the price of petrol from N86.50 to N145.

He described it as insensitive and a demonstration of the level of hatred the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress government had for Nigerians.

The governor, who said the over 70 per cent price hike was another vindication of his predictions on what to expect in 2016, added that it was now clear that the scarcity of petrol being experienced in the last three months was deliberately orchestrated by the Federal Government to pave way for the already conceived increment.

Fayose was quoted in a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, as saying, “Nigerians are now left at the mercy of political liars who took over power by deception and are governing by deceit.”

He said he was waiting for the reaction of those who took to the streets to protest when fuel subsidy was removed by the Goodluck Jonathan administration in 2012, urging labour unions in the country to stand by their members always, regardless of the political party in government.

He said; “When they were seeking votes from Nigerians, they promised to reduce petrol pump price from N87 to N45 per litre, they promised to create three million jobs per year, they said $1 will be equal to N1 and above all, they promised to pay unemployed youths N5, 000 stipends and provide one meal a day to pupils nationwide.
“Instead of fulfilling their promises, they have increased petrol pump price to N145 per litre, increased electricity tariffs, retrenched thousands of workers and imposed untold hardships on Nigerians.

“As they did in 2012, if labour leaders do not also stand up for the people at this time, posterity will not forgive them.”

2 Likes

Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by Pidggin(f): 9:14pm On May 11, 2016
At least we still have opposition, despite all efforts to silence them. Fayose keep the flag flying

1 Like

Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by diagro: 9:19pm On May 11, 2016
cc: omenka
Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by stzy(m): 9:21pm On May 11, 2016
Fayose my Nigga my Nigga.... When you re wy up bt not blessed... Most popular governor

1 Like

Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by Luckylife(m): 9:29pm On May 11, 2016
Where are the zombies, Come are confirm if this was what you voted for?

1 Like

Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by mankan2k7(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2016
a

1 Like

Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 11, 2016
I'm now 100% sure fayose reads Nairaland comments and uses them in real life to form his own views.
Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by Blizzy9ja: 9:45pm On May 11, 2016
Well said...
Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by dhardline(m): 9:48pm On May 11, 2016
I suggest that the federal Government should immediately inject the funds that would have been

used to pay subsidy into the salaries of FG workers and also make available extra to be paid to

states so states can also increase the pay of workers under them so as to cushion the harsh

effect this increase will cause the people. Since the money is no longer going to the cabal then let

it come to the people.
Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by jlinkd78(m): 10:03pm On May 11, 2016
fuel scarcity not fuel hike. hike already means increase
Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by matrixme(m): 10:06pm On May 11, 2016
dhardline:
I suggest that the federal Government should immediately inject the funds that would have been

used to pay subsidy into the salaries of FG workers and also make available extra to be paid to

states so states can also increase the pay of workers under them so as to cushion the harsh

effect this increase will cause the people. Since the money is no longer going to the cabal then let

it come to the people.
So what of the poor wheelbarrow pushers, the tomato sellers and barbers, who will increase their income?
Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by idensko(m): 10:22pm On May 11, 2016
I said it,
Dey intentionally created scarcity,
Nigeria were buying 200naira per liter,
Dis APC Ehhhhhh,
Are just bunch of crooks,
I refused to b infected with d virus of Zombism.
Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by dhardline(m): 10:36pm On May 11, 2016
matrixme:

So what of the poor wheelbarrow pushers, the tomato sellers and barbers, who will increase their income?

They in turn will simply increase the cost price of what they sell or increase the charges of the

services they offer.
Re: FG Instigated The Fuel Hike So As To Increase Fuel Price- FAYOSE by tomakint: 10:45pm On May 11, 2016
With this sensitive statement said by Fayose.......this is how wahala dey start oooo I really pity Buhari because he is not a LISTENING PRESIDENT at all. He is forming one Gandoki.

(1) (Reply)

We Will Complete All Construction Projects In Three Years: Fashola / See What They Did To 2 Adults Caught Stealing Goat In Ondo State(photos) / Buy From Hawker On The Road, Go To Jail – Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.