Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 (2392 Views)

Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands / Throwback Pictures From The 2012 #occupynigeria Fuel Subsidy Removal Protest / There Will Be No Occupynigeria In Lagos And Other SW States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by naijaboy756: 10:40pm On May 11, 2016
Every nook and cranny of this country should be occupied from tomoro. All shops and offices closed. Enough of this APC madness before the completely wreck our country.

3 Likes

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by Noneroone(m): 10:57pm On May 11, 2016
I wish you what you wished Igbos

5 Likes

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by SleekAboki: 11:03pm On May 11, 2016
People should also arm in self defence just incase the rogue government decides to unleash herdsmen on them.

7 Likes

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by naijaboy756: 11:28pm On May 11, 2016
SleekAboki:
People should also arm in self defence just incase the rogue government decides to unleash herdsmen on them.
well said. The much desired revolution could be the reason why Buhari is our leader at this time. So that it can be executed during his tenure. He seems helpless

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by yarimo(m): 12:13am On May 12, 2016
Yeah op you are right, even NAIRALAND will be occupied. I hope you are ready of what you want? If yes give example by tomorrow
Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by RisMas(m): 1:18am On May 12, 2016
Lol, awon asiere gbogbo grin grin

Though, i dont support the sudden removal of the subsidy, you guys doesnt have any moral right to call for protest. afterall, you are biafran. Wake me up when you start your own OccupyBiafra, then i will take u serious undecided undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by coolscott(m): 3:31am On May 12, 2016
Hmm...
Even if the FG is wrong in wanting to covertly do this, should we protest if we now know that GEJ was right at the time?
We should protest for the sly way in which the FG may want to go about it.
We should protest on account of how the FG attempts to promote secterianism through its Fulani Herdsmen agenda.
We should protest that the FG did nothing about the killers but wants to give killers our lands instead of prosecuting the killers.
We should demand that if the FG does not change its ways, then maybe the president should resign as he seems not to be able to protect lives and property and is getting Nigeria more divided under his watch instead of united

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by trillville(m): 4:33am On May 12, 2016
coolscott:
Hmm...
Even if the FG is wrong in wanting to covertly do this, should we protest if we now know that GEJ was right at the time?
We should protest on account of how the FG attempts to promote secterianism through its Fulani Herdsmen agenda.
We should protest that the FG did nothing about the killers but wants to give killers our lands instead of prosecuting the killers.
We should demand that if the FG does not change its ways, then maybe the president should resign as he seems not to be able to protect lives and property and is getting Nigeria more divided under his watch instead of united

We have every right to be angry over the herdsmen attacking issue.

On the subsidy issue, subsidies in themselves are not bad. In fact many countries use subsidies to give competitive advantages to their businesses. Countries such as the USA subsidise agricultural products and solar products and European countries subsidise production of chocolate, saving thousands of jobs locally.

In nigeria's case, managing our subsidy program is difficult because of corruption. It is the government's duty to fight this corruption and not throw the baby away with the bath water.

The situation during GEJ's and Buhari's tenure differs because of the fall in the price of crude. The main reason we have fuel queues is because we have no dollars to import petrol. Buhari is doing all he can to prevent a complete collapse of the naira, a situation GEJ never faced. If GEJ had focused on either saving or building refineries, rather than on populist programs such as sure-p and youwin, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

Buhari has chosen the lesser of two evils (from the nigerian perspective). He had the choice of firing government workers or removing subsidies to reducate the overall pressure on the naira. He chose to remove subsidies.

Will this policy be sufficient? no one can tell.

Will Buhari still have to fire workers to save the naira? Time will surely tell.

Why western countries always demand that countries stop subsidies on petrol is to reduce the amount of petrol been purchased globally, which will in turn lead to a reduction in prices of petrol in such countries domestically. Such countries are simply being self interested.

5 Likes

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:39am On May 12, 2016
naijaboy756:
well said. The much desired revolution could be the reason why Buhari is our leader at this time. So that it can be executed during his tenure. He seems helpless
and forever clueless and dullest as normal.
Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by Koleman(m): 5:57am On May 12, 2016
baba I d warn u... not against subsidy removal but channel the money to important sectors... eg Declare free education in all Fed govt colleges and universities or better still reduce all fees by 90% then also increase the min wage to 40k then nobody will protest. then we can actually know u mean well.....its sad to say but the wailers were right all along!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by omenka(m): 6:07am On May 12, 2016
naijaboy756:
[s]Every nook and cranny of this country should be occupied from tomoro. All shops and offices closed. Enough of this APC madness before the completely wreck our country.[/s]
Are you even employed See person. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by coolscott(m): 6:09am On May 12, 2016
trillville:

We have every right to be angry over the herdsmen attacking issue.

On the subsidy issue, subsidies in themselves are not bad. In fact many countries use subsidies to give competitive advantages to their businesses. Countries such as the USA subsidise agricultural products and solar products and European countries subsidise production of chocolate, saving thousands of jobs locally.

In nigeria's case, managing our subsidy program is difficult because of corruption. It is the government's duty to fight this corruption and not throw the baby away with the bath water.

The situation during GEJ's and Buhari's tenure differs because of the fall in the price of crude. The main reason we have fuel queues is because we have no dollars to import petrol. Buhari is doing all he can to prevent a complete collapse of the naira, a situation GEJ never faced. If GEJ had focused on either saving or building refineries, rather than on populist programs such as sure-p and youwin, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

Buhari has chosen the lesser of two evils (from the nigerian perspective). He had the choice of firing government workers or removing subsidies to reducate the overall pressure on the naira. He chose to remove subsidies.

Will this policy be sufficient? no one can tell.

Will Buhari still have to fire workers to save the naira? Time will surely tell.

Why western countries always demand that countries stop subsidies on petrol is to reduce the amount of petrol been purchased globally, which will in turn lead to a reduction in prices of petrol in such countries domestically. Such countries are simply being self interested.
My friend, I am not on the page you are on. When you come home 2 find that 2 of your kids have beaten themselves silly, will you bother about who was right or who was wrong? At this stage, it gradually becoming not worth my time looking at the details of the wrongness of govt (because it is a tiring endeavour as the errors are many and heavy) but I actually hinted that I am not bothered about the subsidy removal at all, but all the other issues which I have mentioned, which have brought me to the position that IBB probably would have been better for the country at this stage than Buhari, which also says a lot about the level of confidence I have in the person we seem unfortunate to have as our president today.
Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by kheart(m): 6:58am On May 12, 2016
In as much as I dont support dis move by fg let not 4get while south west and north were prostesting removal of subcidy some regions no protest at all.

2 Likes

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by Kanyekels(m): 7:50am On May 12, 2016
Where is Mbaka ooooo

1 Like

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by Nobody: 7:58am On May 12, 2016
Enjoy the reversal. Occupy the se/ss

Just another iPad rally.
Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by Teespice(f): 8:00am On May 12, 2016
naijaboy756:
Every nook and cranny of this country should be occupied from tomoro. All shops and offices closed. Enough of this APC madness before the completely wreck our country.

hogwash

are you going to organise the protest from the internet or you are just an empty barrel making noise?

1 Like

Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by emerged01(m): 8:36am On May 12, 2016
Protest ko protest ni. Dem use una during Gej,now dem wan use una again.
Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by Businessideas: 8:47am On May 12, 2016
This is an opportunity for people of the south east to lead a National protest. I think protesting against unpopular govt decisions is already ingrained in the people of south west,probably due to the level of education and political consciousness but for once, let's see if a protest can succeed without them.
Re: Tommorrow; Work Free Day! #occupynigeria 2 by sagtav(f): 9:43am On May 12, 2016
coolscott:
Hmm...

i love this

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Etsako-east Pdp Chieftain Arrested By Gov. Oshiomole / Why Do You Think Chibok Girls Is A Scam? / Check Out The "Ambode Babes" Official Bus Seen In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.