Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,583 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Mtn Is A Scam. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Is A Scam. (1390 Views)

MTN Is Giving 1G And 500MB Out Free.. / Mtn Is Giving Away Free 4GB Data This 2017 :check Out / Awoof! MTN Is Giving Free 100% Browsing Now...see How! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Is A Scam. by Nobody: 8:54am On May 12, 2016
I subscribed for the new MTN data plan. 2000 naira for 3.75gb. The first day it worked fine all day and I was glad that at last I have found a good data plan that suits me and my pocket fine. Before I knew what was happening, my data only worked at night so I decided to investigate and found out it only worked like a night plan. Can you imagine?

Anyway I called their customer service and the first day the man denied and said they only have issues with iPhone users not android users which to me doesn't make sense but anyway that I should do a hard reset and bla bla.

This morning I tried browsing with my MTN sim and it didn't work so I called them again. A lady called Gladys picked up and she was helpful. She actually accepted they had issues and we're working on it but this is over a week now and I paid money for services I'm not receiving.

I use my MTN number to receive business calls and I can't get rid of this number. I don't know how to revenge to them but I'm going to borrow the highest amount from them which is 3000 and port to another network. I don't need their stupid credit I just want to hurt them. It's not by force to run a mobile network if you are not capable.

Thank God Etisalat has rolled out new data services, I don't care if MTN rolls out a new data service that is double the jolly, they can **** off.
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by TDonald: 9:05am On May 12, 2016
But the plan works just fine for me, I have been using it since last week and have never experienced any issue both day and night. And it also does not drain like Airtel

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Nobody: 9:10am On May 12, 2016
TDonald:
But the plan works just fine for me, I have been using it since last week and have never experienced any issue both day and night. And it also does not drain like Airtel

Right now I'm using Etisalat 1GB. When it's night, I use the mtn. I don't even want to mention how many times these idiots have messed with my line, it's like they want my number so they want me to get frustrated and throw away the sim. Instead of that I will throw away the network and port. I don't mind having to Etisalat numbers.
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Treyknowles(m): 9:11am On May 12, 2016
Op, You Have To Clear Your Debt before You Can Port To Any Other Network
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Nobody: 9:14am On May 12, 2016
Treyknowles:
Op, You Have To Clear Your Debt before You Can Port To Any Other Network

Oh OK, I won't get indebted then, thanks for that.
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by TDonald: 9:19am On May 12, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Right now I'm using Etisalat 1GB. When it's night, I use the mtn. I don't even want to mention how many times these idiots have messed with my line, it's like they want my number so they want me to get frustrated and throw away the sim. Instead of that I will throw away the network and port. I don't mind having to Etisalat numbers.

LOL...... One man's food is another man's poison

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Emypresh(m): 9:19am On May 12, 2016
My brother your case is a spiritual pblm. You need to touch the hem of Jesus's garment
Dreamwaker:
I subscribed for the new MTN data plan. 2000 naira for 3.75gb. The first day it worked fine all day and I was glad that at last I have found a good data plan that suits me and my pocket fine. Before I knew what was happening, my data only worked at night so I decided to investigate and found out it only worked like a night plan. Can you imagine?

Anyway I called their customer service and the first day the man denied and said they only have issues with iPhone users not android users which to me doesn't make sense but anyway that I should do a hard reset and bla bla.

This morning I tried browsing with my MTN sim and it didn't work so I called them again. A lady called Gladys picked up and she was helpful. She actually accepted they had issues and we're working on it but this is over a week now and I paid money for services I'm not receiving.

I use my MTN number to receive business calls and I can't get rid of this number. I don't know how to revenge to them but I'm going to borrow the highest amount from them which is 3000 and port to another network. I don't need their stupid credit I just want to hurt them. It's not by force to run a mobile network if you are not capable.

Thank God Etisalat has rolled out new data services, I don't care if MTN rolls out a new data service that is double the jolly, they can **** off.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Nobody: 9:24am On May 12, 2016
Emypresh:
My brother your case is a spiritual pblm. You need to touch the hem of Jesus's garment

Yes and mtn is the problem

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 12, 2016
Can you imagine the cheek mtn just did. I didn't even browse and the removed my 3gig plus data.

No wahala, this is not a threat but if the find out one of their substation has burnt then that's what they get for messing with people's money. Bleep that shit, Bleep you mtn seriously Bleep off back to your country

Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 12, 2016
This is not the first fuckin time you guys are doing this. I'm not gonna throw away my number, if that's what you guys want, then you are having a laugh. In a better country I will sue you guys but I won't even go there, you guys can't even pay a fine. Dumb bleeps
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Amaechi5(m): 3:24pm On May 12, 2016
Op i don't understand your rant, mtn 3.5GB data is for 30 days and why is yours showing August and July. Well i must tell you many people have subscribed to mtn 3.5GB data @N2000 without any qualms.
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 12, 2016
Amaechi5:
Op i don't understand your rant, mtn 3.5GB data is for 30 days and why is yours showing August and July. Well i must tell you many people have subscribed to mtn 3.5GB data @N2000 without any qualms.

I have no clue and that's why I am vexing.
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by twosquare(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2016
Dreamwaker:
Can you imagine the cheek mtn just did. I didn't even browse and the removed my 3gig plus data.

No wahala, this is not a threat but if the find out one of their substation has burnt then that's what they get for messing with people's money. Bleep that shit, Bleep you mtn seriously Bleep off back to your country
This happened to me like twice then... I've since ditched MTN... They will wipe your data like anything... Don't know what's wrong... I've since been using other network.
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 12, 2016
twosquare:
This happened to me like twice then... I've since ditched MTN... They will wipe your data like anything... Don't know what's wrong... I've since been using other network.

This is the second time. The first time, I overlooked it cos I thought maybe one of my nephews turned on my hotspot to download games on their ipad but this time I wasn't even using it as it wasn't browsing, I bought data on Etisalat this morning. I'm so done with them.
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by zubycharles(m): 6:21pm On May 12, 2016
undecidedop yhu need a kinda deliverance cos am currently using dat plan of urs nw
Re: Mtn Is A Scam. by JideSM: 9:13pm On May 14, 2016
Emypresh:

(1) (Reply)

Advice: Phones Between 30-35k / Ppsspp Help Needed / Etisalat Increases Price Of Their Monthly Data Plans (see New Plans Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.