Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Fuel Saver!!! Now, How Best Do I Improve My Vehicle Fuel Economy? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Fuel Saver!!! Now, How Best Do I Improve My Vehicle Fuel Economy? (377 Views)

Amazing Car Fuel Saver / Automatic Toyota Corrrola And Fuel Economy At Rate Of 300k Call Me 07033098870 / The Fuel Consumption Of My Car Already 3.2l / 100km !!!" (fuel Saver Shark) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Saver!!! Now, How Best Do I Improve My Vehicle Fuel Economy? by fubtos(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2016
[/b]
Hint: Saving money on petrol is like getting into shape. It takes some discipline and there are no quick fixes to get the results you want.

[b]So, What Can I Do to Improve my Fuel Economy and/or Reduce Automotive Emissions?

There are several things you can do obtain the best possible fuel economy and produce the lowest
possible emissions.

Avoid idling. Idling the engine wastes fuel and produces unnecessary pollution. Shut
off the engine while waiting in traffic delays or while conducting drive-up transactions.
Modern cars do not benefit from idling to warm up in cold weather.

Check tire pressure regularly. Keep your tires inflated to their recommended pressure.

Take action if your check engine light comes on. If the check engine light is illuminated, take your vehicle to a mechanic that has check engine (OBD) code reading capabilities and repair any malfunctioning parts.

Drive sensibly and observe speed limits. Driving fast and/or aggressively (rapid acceleration and hard braking) can significantly reduce your fuel economy.

Perform regular vehicle maintenance. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance
schedule.

Plan your trips. Get all of your errands done at once. Your engine is more efficient when
it is warmed up, so one long trip is better for your car’s efficiency than many short trips.
Don’t forget to carpool when possible.

Minimize vehicle weight and maximize aerodynamics. Think before you put something on top of your car or something heavy in, on, or towed-behind your car. For example, a car roof-top carrier will increase the vehicle’s frontal surface area and drag coefficients
which will reduce your fuel economy. Adding mass to your car will also decrease fuel economy, so if you don’t need it, don’t carry it in or on your car.

The following websites offer additional advice about how to improve your fuel economy and
reduce your automotive emissions.
www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/drive.shtml
www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/17-tips.htm
www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/whatyoucando.htm
www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/18-youdo.htm
www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/vehicles/fuel_economy_light.html
www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/vehicles/fuel_economy_heavy.html

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2008model Unregistered Thumbstart For Sale Price2.7 Call08131267376 / Registered Nissan Pathfinder Of 02 For 950k Call 08059036172 / Nigeria Uesd Toyota Camry 03

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.