Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Fantastically Corrupt: What's Really Wrong - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fantastically Corrupt: What's Really Wrong (406 Views)

Philippine President R.duterte Throws Corrupt Office Holders From Helicopter / What Really Happened At Trump’s Meeting With Key Evangelists? A Behind-the-scene / PHOTO: David Cameron Is Fantastically Humble Assisting To Move Out His Propertie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fantastically Corrupt: What's Really Wrong by Nobody: 9:55am On May 12, 2016
I have listened to many arguments for and against David Cameron's statement. Respectable Uncle JD of smooth FM added his voice. I find it painful because it towed a line that I think is populist and in this case one-sided.
1. Yes Nigerian leaders have very corrupt ones among them. But is this present crop of Nigerian leaders corrupt in the eyes of the British government?
2. If the answer to No 1 above is YES, then why invite Nigeria to Britain for a talk on anti corruption?
3. If the answer to No 1 above is NO, then why secretly tell the queen that you are inviting probably the most corrupt leaders in the world? Who researched that statistic, that the present government in Nigeria is fantastically corrupt!
3. David Cameron chose a one-on-one setting with the Queen to pass a negative impression. This sort of discussion is more effective than the formal, official setting because it tells about a persons personal conviction. I think David was looking for some acceptability or favor from the royalty. He seems like a man with a leaky mouth!
4. David Cameron is betrayer, and hateful slanderer.
That is what is wrong about the Cameron's comments
Re: Fantastically Corrupt: What's Really Wrong by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 12, 2016
Its like you people don't know that the british are the king of banter
Just you watch one of their house of rep meeting or debates.

Although they tend to be reserved, but their banter is top notch.

(1) (Reply)

Egyptair Flight 804: Airline Says Debris Not From Plane / Turkey President Erdogan Called On Muslims To Reject Using Birth Control / China Created 4.43 Million Jobs In First 4 Months Of 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.