Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

The Real Issues With Gej's 2012 Fuel Subsidy Removal - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Real Issues With Gej's 2012 Fuel Subsidy Removal (486 Views)

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike Over Subsidy Removal / Fuel Subsidy Removal; Before We Cry Foul / OPINION POLL: Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Good Option For The Nigerian Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Issues With Gej's 2012 Fuel Subsidy Removal by Lunar2010: 12:35pm On May 12, 2016
The problem we had with subsidy removal during Jonathan era was not subsidy removal in itself.

You will agree with me, that some of us just got tired and irritated at the level of impunity & corruption of our govt officials in the public sector of our country.

In case some of us are quick to forget. Let me cast our minds back to some of the ugly, unbearable and abominable incidence(s) that gave birth to the ‪#‎OccupyNigeria‬ struggle which many of our dearly beloved brothers and sisters took to be a Musical Festival.
I'm sure you still remember the Stella Oduah's BMW Bullet-proof cars scam?
What about the Immigration Job scam?
Maybe you're quick to forget this one too. I will remind you... The Allisons' luxurious lifestyle & Private Jetting all around the world buying properties in rich neighbourhoods in London, British Virgin Islands, the Americas and throwing expensive lavish pool parties, yatch parties, Las Vegas & Miami beach parties with our money all around the world while some of our brothers and sisters suffer in hunger and penury.

The perceived unbearable level of corruption in our system then was what prompted some of us to say enough is enough with a govt who cannot be trusted.

We got tired of a govt who is not accountable to its people.
This is what some well-meaning fellow countrymen like you and i fought for.

That was why we ‪#‎OccupiedNigeria‬, we did not gather for a talk show neither was our gathering for a musical concert.
The 2012 #OccupyNigeria struggle we did was not a gathering of jobless Nigerians who had nothing meaningful to do with their time.

Because we are peace loving people who meant well for our nation, we allowed them have their way with part removal of petrol subsidy, this was what gave birth to SURE-P, can you tell me what had happened to our SURE-P money and all they promised to do with such money?

Well i think they did something, they painted Thirdmainland bridge for us Green-White-Green.

Thank God for wisdom that made people like Prof. Olu Kolade resign his appointment from SuRE-P almost immediately when he saw he just won't be able to cope with the level of insincereity on the part of a govt to its own people during the Jonathan era.

For as many of you who dont know why some of us voted Buhari into power, -It is to Kill corruption. Nothing more, Nothing less.
As for me Olutimilehin Olusegun OJEMAKINDE, I remain committed to supporting any govt who will be accountable to the Nigerian people and committed to the New Nigeria Vision. I say No to corruption in public places and so should you...
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
God bless the President.

By Timilehin Ojemakinde Jnr

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Juji The Giant Dog - Naijalegit.com.ng / Exposed! The Truth Behind The Scarcity Of Tomatoes In Nigeria / Weekend Starts On Thursday In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.