Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

A Question For The Biafra Agitators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Question For The Biafra Agitators (979 Views)

Army Denies Killing 150 Pro-biafra Agitators / Pro-biafra Agitators ‘ve No Mandate To Speak For Igbo – Onyeama, Foreign Affairs / Buhari Warns Biafra Agitators, N/delta Militants.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For The Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 12, 2016
What if somehow Nigeria eventually disintegrates and the wish of these Biafra agitators comes to reality, then after awhile of existing as a country called Biafra a certain disagreement comes up resulting to a region of Biafra deciding to secede and form there own country, and this region of Biafra trying to secede harbours the source of the national wealth and the brightest brains available, will the rest of Biafra willingly and easily allow that region to secede?
Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 12, 2016
Lol you're the only one thinking about biafra at the moment.. Even ipod touts have given up grin grin
Ayatullah kownoo is on his own. He's no more a hot topic, no more morning exercises, grin we hardly hear
of any ultimata being issued..Some have even forgotten he's alive

Niger delta avengers is what is on everyone's lips
Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 12, 2016
kaakulator3:
Lol you're the only one thinking about biafra at the moment.. Even ipod touts have given up grin grin
Ayatullah kownoo is on his own. He's no more a hot topic, no more morning exercises, grin we hardly hear
of any ultimata being issued..Some have even forgotten he's alive

Niger delta avengers is what is on everyone's lips
My brother I just want to know their response to that question. smiley
Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by MrAdetunjiBayo: 2:47pm On May 12, 2016
The ipod people can go, we yoruba muslins just want stay with the peaceful Hausa and fulanis. So that we can live happily ever after without the SE and SS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by gidgiddy: 2:51pm On May 12, 2016
Ontarget:
What if somehow Nigeria eventually disintegrates and the wish of these Biafra agitators comes to reality, then after awhile of existing as a country called Biafra a certain disagreement comes up resulting to a region of Biafra deciding to secede and form there own country, and this region of Biafra trying to secede harbours the source of the national wealth and the brightest brains available, will the rest of Biafra willingly and easily allow that region to secede?

I can tell you something about us Igbos that makes us different from the two other main ethnic groups. Igbos are the only people amongst the three ethnic groups that never had an empire, unlike the Yorubas who had the Oyo empire and the Hausa/Fulani who had the Sokoto caliphate. Having a big 'empire' is part of their history and that is one of the reasons why the average Yoruba or Hausa will feel nostalgic about Biafra because freedom sounds mundane to them. Despite Igbos being much larger (in terms of population), they never tried to conquer or even fight the much smaller tribes in what is now called Niger/Delta. Why didn't Igbos do this? Because we are too egalitarian for that nonsense. If an Igbo man is interested in dominating anyone, it will be in the economic sense. If there is Biafra tomorrow, and an Ijaw man says he wants his own country, I will tell him to come for negotiations for a peaceful disengagement. How can I as an Igbo tell the Ijaw Man that we are 'one Biafra'? Is that not madness? If anybody wants to go they are free to go but it will be by peaceful negotiations. I'm not about to fight to keep anybody with me against their will because it goes against my culture as Igbo man.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by JahJaa(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2016
gidgiddy:

I can tell you something about us Igbos that makes us different from the two other main ethnic groups. Igbos are the only people amongst the three ethnic groups that never had an empire, unlike the Yorubas who had the Oyo empire and the Hausa/Fulani who had the Sokoto caliphate. Having a big 'empire' is part of their history and that is one of the reasons why the average Yoruba or Hausa will feel nostalgic about Biafra because freedom sounds mundane to them. Despite Igbos being much larger (in terms of population), they never tried to conquer or even fight the much smaller tribes in what is now called Niger/Delta. Why didn't Igbos do this? Because we are too egalitarian for that nonsense. If an Igbo man is interested in dominating anyone, it will be in the economic sense. If there is Biafra tomorrow, and an Ijaw man says he wants his own country, I will tell him to come for negotiations for a peaceful disengagement. How can I as an Igbo tell the Ijaw Man that we are 'one Biafra'? Is that not madness? If anybody wants to go they are free to go but it will be by peaceful negotiations. I'm not about to fight to keep anybody with me against their will because it goes against my culture as Igbo man.
Nna ike di gi ooo,

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by truthonmission: 3:07pm On May 12, 2016
powerful Response

I can tell you something about us Igbos that makes us different from the two other main ethnic groups. Igbos are the only people amongst the three ethnic groups that never had an empire, unlike the Yorubas who had the Oyo empire and the Hausa/Fulani who had the Sokoto caliphate. Having a big 'empire' is part of their history and that is one of the reasons why the average Yoruba or Hausa will feel nostalgic about Biafra because freedom sounds mundane to them. Despite Igbos being much larger (in terms of population), they never tried to conquer or even fight the much smaller tribes in what is now called Niger/Delta. Why didn't Igbos do this? Because we are too egalitarian for that nonsense. If an Igbo man is interested in dominating anyone, it will be in the economic sense. If there is Biafra tomorrow, and an Ijaw man says he wants his own country, I will tell him to come for negotiations for a peaceful disengagement. How can I as an Igbo tell the Ijaw Man that we are '
Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 12, 2016
gidgiddy:

I'm in love with this answer. Nna gi muru gi!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 12, 2016
gidgiddy:

I think you spoke for yourself. I don't think the scenario will be as you easily stated. We all shared something in common whether you are Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo, and that is GREED which is part of the human nature. This same GREED will still prevent the situation from being as you stated.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by beautyoftheLord: 3:59pm On May 12, 2016
Ontarget:

I think you spoke for yourself. I don't think the scenario will be as you easily stated. We all shared something in common whether you are Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo, and that is GREED which is part of the human nature. This same GREED will still prevent the situation from being as you stated.

He is right. In most villages in CRS were the Igbos migrated to through trade, they co-existed peacefully. Inter-marrying and trading. Now CRiverians with igbo descent. They never conquered to establish empires. Read your history. History should be made compulsory in sec schools whether you are arts or science. Kai! Abeg!

3 Likes

Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 12, 2016
beautyoftheLord:

He is right. In most villages in CRS were the Igbos migrated to through trade, they co-existed peacefully. Inter-marrying and trading. Now CRiverians with igbo descent. They never conquered to establish empires. Read your history. History should be made compulsory in sec schools whether you are arts or science. Kai! Abeg!
This still do not directly answer the question I put above. Do you realize that?
Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 12, 2016
if d country was well structured,no one wud be agitating 2 seccede and u wont b asking this question.if d country were 2 spilt up,i'll only support that d old biafra forms 2 or 3 independent countries with close ties and nothing more just 4 obvious reasons.Every grouq in nigeria wud govern itself beta and benefit more on their own.
Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by Princewill1(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2016
gidgiddy:

Early 2015,when Nnamdi Kanu went to Hong Kong to visit IPOB members there,they were in a town hall meeting and one of the attendants stood up and asked Kanu exactly this question that the OP asked.If I got it correctly the attendant asked the following question: "Director if we get Biafra and tomorrow one of the tribes of Biafra decides to pull out from the country,what should the Biafra govt do ?"

Kanu Response: "Why do you want to hold them? If for example Ibibios wants to pull out,why do you want to hold them? They were born free,why are you holding them? Do you know we (igbos) are the only major tribe in Nigeria that never went to war to conquer any group of people?"....this was Kanu's reply.You can check if the tape is online,so that you can download and listen.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by YorubaHighness: 5:28pm On May 12, 2016
Ontarget:

Who cares? That's their problem.
Focus on the SW with this energy of yours.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by babydioku(f): 5:55pm On May 12, 2016
YorubaHighness:

Who cares? That's their problem.
Focus on the SW with this energy of yours.

Thank you for that reply
Re: A Question For The Biafra Agitators by Ngozi123(f): 6:56pm On May 12, 2016
@Ontarget

First of all, all of the resources, both natural and human, will be evenly distributed in Biafra in the event that it is actualised. The Igbos are not stupid, it would be a recipe for disaster to concentrate the majority of your country's resources into one area as one would just be repeating the same mistakes as Nigeria. If Biafra sought to do the exact opposite of everything that Nigeria as a country has done since its independence then it would become a successful country by default. Of course I'm exaggerating but you still get the point, right?

As for whether Biafra would allow any section of it to secede, of course it would. Just like in other democratic countries, a referendum would be conducted to determine whether they want to stay or not. If Buhari was smart, he would have ordered for the completion of the second Niger Bridge and continued with the amnesty programme for the Niger Deltans and then conduct a referendum in that part of the country. I'm sure that the results would have favoured him, embarrassed the secessionist groups and given the people peace of mind all at the same time. However, as the military man that he is, he chose to go to war against all who opposed him, creating even more enemies for himself. I've never thought of this man as a politician and I still don't. Once a soldier, always a soldier...

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Battles Cabal In NBC, Others / NANNM Directs Members To Join Industrial Action / New Rivers Support Organisation Pictorial Show Of Wike's Achievement As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.