Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Open Letter To PMB On The Fuel Price Hike. By. A Nairalander - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To PMB On The Fuel Price Hike. By. A Nairalander (399 Views)

"Defeat Me With Superiority Of Your Argument Not With AK47" - Nnamdi Kanu To PMB / UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / Nigerians React To Senate Halting Of Data Price Hike By NCC - See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To PMB On The Fuel Price Hike. By. A Nairalander by oluwafemi1993: 8:09am On May 13, 2016
#ETERNAL EXCELLENCE#

An open letter to President Muhammad Buhari on FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL - Akinola oluwafemi(Eternal Excellence)

Your Excellency, it is with all sense of responsibilty and humility that I am writing another letter to you. Sir, this is another heart cry of Nigeria for which you were elected to respond to do.
Firstly, I want to commend you for a job well done especially on tackling corruption, the serious battle against insurgency in the North and maintaining a good stand on the fulani saga in Nigeria. For some months now,Nigerians have been complaining about the situation of the nation's economy; upsurge rise in the price of foodstuffs to an extent where 3 tomato fruits are sold for #200.A dollar is now #345 and just a day ago, it was announced that petrol is to be officially sold at #145 per litre. Just recently, the Min for Education announced that all students will be paying #45000 as fee in the university. My question is, will all these be done at the #18000 minimum wage? Because now, I can now see that the demand by NLC for increase in minimum wage to #56000 is justiafiable

Now, why the subsidy removal?
Mr President, history will repeat itself and there will be another nationwide protest as the concerned parties such as the NLC,NANS,TUC are already agitating for a reversal on the pump price or a protest if this persists.
Sir, your party kicked against this during the last administration and Nigerians thought you had a better plan but it seems we were wrong. As a matter of fact Pres. Jonathan was honest about this which we thought was not true when he first announced it on Jan 1,2012.
We do understand that the subsidy has to be removed but not until proper plan and strategy are put in place. The removal should not be sudden and must be gradual until an average citizen can bear brunt rather than suffer the cause. The environment should be favourable such as the good working conditions, smooth cash flow,food availability and affordability and this fund should be used to create more job opportunities.
Your Excellency, we will want you to reconsider your decision and strategise well so that we all can be comfortable with the removal.

Yours faithfully,
Akinola oluwafemi
(Eternal Excellence)
Re: Open Letter To PMB On The Fuel Price Hike. By. A Nairalander by Flexherbal(m): 8:17am On May 13, 2016
How I wish he would read this!
Re: Open Letter To PMB On The Fuel Price Hike. By. A Nairalander by chikel2000(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2016
"Your stance on the fulani saga", what nonsense is dis nw, dnt just spoil my morning
Re: Open Letter To PMB On The Fuel Price Hike. By. A Nairalander by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 13, 2016
Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

How Nigeria's Corruption Became Fantasticby ONWUASOANYA Jones / Ezekwesili Asks For Further Verification On Identity Of 2nd Rescued Girl / l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.