Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners (31206 Views)

CRS Removal: The Lies And Ignorance, Curriculum Was Reviewed Under Jonathan / Subsidy Removal,the Reality And The Advantages. / Fuel Subsidy Removal: The Turncoatism Of President Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by amagunnerfan: 3:11pm On May 13, 2016
opius:
Y are they opposing it when GEJ tried it 2012
Because GEJ told us they are removing it because of the cabals. But this time, the government is forced to remove it as GEJ before he left, ensured there is not enough dollar left in the system.

Is that so hard?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Johnsinia(m): 3:15pm On May 13, 2016
NIGERIANS USE UR HEAD TO ASK
QUESTIONS. They APC criminals ve
come again to decieve you as they
did in the last general election.
Now they want you to accept this
"subsidy removal" by fire by force.
They ve started opening up
deception thrends like this
particular one to decieve you again.
To catch a thief is very simple, all u
need do is to jst relax and watch
them contradicting themselves in
the sense of wnting to steal frm u.
They will condem and come back
to what they condem, they will
promise heaven and earth and can
not even give u a kobo. They will
blame others as a reason of their
failure. They will use u as foo.ls to
protest against the policy of a
sitting government and go back to
dat same policy witout minnding
that some of u lost ur life, witout
minding that ur businesses ws shot
down. This people (APC) are all run
away theives from the PDP. And nw
they ve come to decieve u to
accept hardship. Shine ur eyes
naija. Let's collectively reject this
lies and demonic agent cajoling
themselves as saint whereas they
are wolf who wnt to destroy
humanity.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Oxenomy: 3:16pm On May 13, 2016
The cabals are the same oil marketers... They will form unions and force any price they like down our throat regardless of how much they bought.. Anyway time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 13, 2016
Big point
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by RALPHOW(m): 3:18pm On May 13, 2016
hucienda:
Jonathan is the biggest winner in all these.

Time has vindicated him.

WEAK LEADER OF FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT GOVERNMENT.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by hahn(m): 3:19pm On May 13, 2016
OgbeniAnonymous:
Nairaland no go loose?
No electricity + no fuel = phone off + Nairaland loss.

I tire o undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by ijafiya(m): 3:20pm On May 13, 2016
Top Gainers! runs girls. they sell without buying.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by tosyne2much(m): 3:21pm On May 13, 2016
I know that the removal of fuel subsidy is aimed at the financial growth of the nation just that the poor will suffer for it since the price of commodities have sky-rocket
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Achorise: 3:22pm On May 13, 2016
Jonathan knew the only way to save this country was the early removal of subsidy when the sales of crude oil was profitable. But the opposition wanting power by all means rubbish the agenda.

The cabals were the ones who made the government ungovernable for Jonathan, and they where the major corrupt individual and politicians among us. And the only to fight them was to use subsidy removal policy.

But we fought the good policy but later embrace it.

God bless Jonathan and help Buhari .

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Joenaline20(m): 3:23pm On May 13, 2016
*In OBJ's Voice* ...If I start to talk

-- Well my fellow N'Landers its my first time here #AmShy. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by ladyF(f): 3:28pm On May 13, 2016
LadyF is also a "biggest" loser in this subsidy removal. See me complaining when they were selling at 120 cry
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Icaretoo: 3:30pm On May 13, 2016
hucienda:

Time has vindicated him.

Tumbs up to u

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by hmuhammad(m): 3:31pm On May 13, 2016
TedBaker:
The government(FG) I think is the greatest loser in these
elucidate please
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by kumakunta: 3:32pm On May 13, 2016
Take it or leave it, buhari is well respected and accepted in present day Nigeria. Hence the quietness after the subsidy removal.
In baba we trust.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by 12akofe: 3:33pm On May 13, 2016
This is d govt dat said d petrol price wil be #50/lit, why is it now #145/lit?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by HARDDON: 3:34pm On May 13, 2016
When wud the northern president release funds into d economy?

Wen wud he develop a plan and stop using Gej's master plan? Plagiarism is punishable by law.

When wud he visit Otuoke n thank Gej , his mentor?

When wud he commission a log of wood bridge @ d very least?

When wud he shed his wings n get to work?

When wud he bring back his children to school here n feel what every other parents feel?

Enough of the lies, He feels no Nigerian pain, how cud he wen he lives in a glass house , armoured cars n presidential jet? Sometimes I wonder if he is a Nigerian or he is from Niger

How can Fuel be more expensive than Ago? undecided

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by hmuhammad(m): 3:35pm On May 13, 2016
OgbeniAnonymous:
Nairaland no go loose?
No electricity + no fuel = phone off + Nairaland loss.
lol!!! You want make seun cry abi?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 13, 2016
e no concern me as far as phyno kips releasing doped songs# listening 2 FADA FADA by phyno ft. Olamide. weda Pmb dies or stay alive no b my prbm.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by hmuhammad(m): 3:36pm On May 13, 2016
What we should be fighting for now should be increment in minimum wage from 18k-56k.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by gfullmoon(m): 3:37pm On May 13, 2016
The Cabals can't loss. They will just need to restrategize to rule the new market and fix prices . They will even make more money above Subsidy free for all. For eg they can now decide not to export-import oil/fuel to create artificial scarcity to rake high profit. If we had a working refinery it would had been better.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by leksmedia: 3:42pm On May 13, 2016
But as it stands now , there are no chances that salaries will be increased. Removing fuel subsidy is a god thing but i guess these are sacrifices Nigerians will have to make
rottennaija:

This evaluation isn't complete until you also look at the long term effects of this policies.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by donvicky2007: 3:45pm On May 13, 2016
Even this morning price of PMS goes for N150 per litre
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by ojtech8291: 3:46pm On May 13, 2016
There's God oh.... Presently in Niger State there's longer cues in filling stations that have the product@160-180. Just within two days everything is going bad. I trusted only Buhari in this APC before but now i trust nobody. Only God is to be trust!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by Diplomaticbeing(m): 3:49pm On May 13, 2016
I still insist, FG'S removal of petroleum subsidy without a temporary palliative measure and visible long term plan to expedite holistic local refining of our daily consumption quantity need, is a poor decision. My suggestions remain:

- Temporary palliative measure; provide a one-time lump sum to all up-to-date tax payers, to help them cushion hard effects of the time. This is a better alternative to increasing civil servants salaries as the NLC has demanded. The poor masses will directly or indirect feel the positive effect of this temporary measure immediately.

- Long term plan (target time should be within a year), to source for funds and put all our existing refineries to optimum functionality while also encourage private investors to setup more refineries. Already, there are some private refineries under construction in the country, stabilizing the country will give them courage to up their games to start operation earlier than they anticipated - an improved infrastructure with clear economic direction will make this to materialize quickly.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by kaball32: 3:51pm On May 13, 2016
Yes there will b competition like mtn and glo and etisalat beta days ahead
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by ephi123(f): 3:59pm On May 13, 2016
Serves the marketers right

At the end of the day, competition will drive prices down which will be a benefit to the people.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by olayinkaj2(m): 3:59pm On May 13, 2016
No more free money for the marketers that didn't import fuel and wanting to claim. As long as there will be fuel at every filling station to purchase, no issues. It may be hard now but better days are coming......

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by hausameat: 4:15pm On May 13, 2016
hucienda:

Time has vindicated him.
You are right.I have seen many perfect creatures but the man GEJ is standing out.. I urge him to serve God because he is highly favoured. Buhari thinks he is still running a military goverment where order and command is allowed. He knows his level of dunce and incompetence, yet he decides to deceive people and arrange with the Yorubas to vote for him. Now where ever you go, there is serious groaning. How can a normal man agree with NLC, NTC with the understanding that these two organs will bring feed back within the shortest time after the briefing, Buhari just damn, undermind, disregard them as usual, because he is a Fulani man, turned round tell the world that subsidy is removed. Am just imagining the degree of foolshness running in Buhari's brain region. Very very senseless.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by banio: 4:20pm On May 13, 2016
Biggest Winner is the government.
Biggest losers are Nigerians
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by cooooooks(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2016
It would be impractical for the FG to start a bus company. The govt instead should continue with current rail policy.

State transport should be provided for by state governments.

slimfit1:
The government should start a transport company like in lagos, so that people won't feel too much of the effects. If they are expecting states and other companies to start you are wasting your time. Start it and privatise it later when you have fully established it properly.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal – The Biggest Losers And Winners by stevecantrell: 4:29pm On May 13, 2016
hucienda:

Time has vindicated him.

Yes, All politicians are the same, all political parties just came to party...youd have to be insane to support ANY Nigerian politician or political party. On that level GEJ is vindicated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Meets Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) / NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / Kogi Election: Yahaya Bello Leads Wada With Over 200,000 Votes After 15 LGs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.