Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Animal Husbandry Vs Crop Cultivation Which Is Better To Start With? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Animal Husbandry Vs Crop Cultivation Which Is Better To Start With? (654 Views)

Free WAEC 2018 Animal Husbandry Theory And Obj Answers / Ikpeazu Promises N1m Grant For Investment In Ranches, Animal Husbandry / Animal Husbandry In Nigeria-problems And Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animal Husbandry Vs Crop Cultivation Which Is Better To Start With? by next1(m): 10:19am On May 13, 2016
I currently have a well paying job but I have always had passion for agro and agro-allied business. As a matter of fact , I have done a bit of animal husbandry and cropping before I got my job but it was not anything extensive. Back to now, I want to go back to my passion alongside my 9-5 job and I am torn between starting with either animal husbandry or crop propagation because I have an almost equal passion for both but considering the peculiarity of my paid employment, available funds and management requirement I can only start with one at a time.

I want to call on practitioners in the house that have successfully combined the two branches to kindly advise me based on their own experience (no sales page please). God bless you real good.

cc lalastica
Re: Animal Husbandry Vs Crop Cultivation Which Is Better To Start With? by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 13, 2016
From personal experience, animal husbandry seems more profitable once you get it right. It is also more risky and expensive to set up from scratch, so you risk losing more if something goes awry. It also demands more of your time. Both require extensive skills, but I think that finding and hiring skilled workers for AH is easier than for CP.

Caveat; it depends on the set up type actually. For example, a small snailery may not be more profitable or time demanding than say, a small cocoa farm. Generally, I am referring to a medium scale enterprise in both areas with generally marketable produce.

Go with your more prevailing passion for whichever of the two you have a bigger 'feel' for, and the profits will follow.
Re: Animal Husbandry Vs Crop Cultivation Which Is Better To Start With? by next1(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2016
Thanks @famerforlife your analysis cogent

1 Like

Re: Animal Husbandry Vs Crop Cultivation Which Is Better To Start With? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 13, 2016
next1:
Thanks @famerforlife your analysis cogent

Welcome and good luck

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know Before Setting Up Your Poultry Business Project / Framers Come Get Loans Without Collaterals... It No Joke... It Is Real / MMM In Broiler Production...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.