Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations (40752 Views)

ANALYSIS: Digitalising Nigeria’s Oil Operations For Maximum Efficiency / Nnamdi Kanu ‘Shuts Down’ Abakaliki - Premium Times / PENGASSAN Threatens To Shut Down Oil Sector In Seven Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by maupe: 2:40pm On May 13, 2016
In the midst of a militant resurgence in the Niger Delta and a two-week ultimatum for oil companies to shut down operations, Exxon Mobil has reportedly declared force majeure on Qua Iboe crude after an accident the company said was not related to militant attacks.

On Thursday, Exxon said a subsea pipeline linking to Qua Iboe was damaged by a drilling rig. Then, early on Friday, unnamed traders cited by both Bloomberg and Reuters claimed that Exxon had declared force majeure on Qua Iboe crude deliveries.

Qua Iboe is Nigeria's largest crude stream. May should have seen some 337,000 barrels per day of Qua Iboe exported this month, according to Reuters.

Exxon has not independently confirmed these reports.

This latest incident adds to the growing amount of crude already offline in Nigeria due to the revival of Niger Delta militancy targeting the oil sector.

So far, according to Bloomberg, attacks have cut output by 600,000-1.4 million barrels per day.

On Wednesday, Royal Dutch Shell declared force majeure on its exports of Bonny Light crude. Shell has been forced to evacuate staff from its Eja OML 79 production facility.

On Monday, Nigerian officials said that Chevron had begun to evacuate staff from its facilities in the Niger Delta follow attacks on its assets. Several Chevron facilities, such as a platform and oil flow station, were attacked by militants last week.

On Thursday, militants vowed to attack Chevron again as the company attempts to repair damage.

Also on Thursday, the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), the group behind the string of attacks, issued a threat to all oil companies in the region to shut down and leave or face stepped up attacks.

By James Burgess of Oilprice.com
www.oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/More-Oil-Offline-in-Nigeria-as-Exxon-Declares-Force-Majeure.html

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/05/exxonmobil-declares-force-majeure-on-nigerias-qua-iboe-crude/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by hypertension(m): 2:41pm On May 13, 2016
If I Call Buhari A Dullard Now Some people Will Want To Kill Me..

Why Fight The Heartbeat Of The Economy

This President Does Not Have Common Sense

HE IS A DULLARDKPO

212 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by ganisucks(f): 2:45pm On May 13, 2016
Look at the silly excuse the cowardly company gave for deserting the oil field. I thought they had two heads, they should have stayed. I pity APC supporters, they will hear wehn. Niger Delta Avengers are the next Hit thing. They remind ♍ƺ ☀̤̣̈̇f One direction, they are so HOT!

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by dunkem21(m): 2:46pm On May 13, 2016
Source
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 13, 2016
LOL! Exxon don run o!!!

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2016
cool cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by hucienda: 2:50pm On May 13, 2016
The north has taught the once docile, 'slap-me-turn-the-other-cheek' south intolerance and violence...

Now we are now learning in reality no one has the monopoly of violence.

If the north makes the country ungovernable for a southerner, the south returns the favour.

Jonathan had his 'ungovernable' northern moment.

Buhari is having his 'ungovernable' southern moment..

The next southern president of the republic will also have his 'ungovernable' northern moment...

And on and on it goes in this circus of a country.

Only God knows when this stupidity by supposed nationals of the same country will end.

205 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by Chennai1: 2:52pm On May 13, 2016
maupe:
In the midst of a militant resurgence in the Niger Delta and a two-week ultimatum for oil companies
to shut down operations, Exxon Mobil has reportedly declared force majeure on Qua Iboe crude after an accident the company said was
not related to militant attacks. On Thursday, Exxon said a subsea pipeline linking to Qua Iboe was damaged by a drilling rig. Then, early on Friday, unnamed traders cited by both Bloomberg and Reuters claimed that Exxon had declared force majeure on Qua Iboe crude
deliveries.
Qua Iboe is Nigeria's largest crude stream. May should have seen some 337,000 barrels per day of Qua Iboe exported this month, according to Reuters. Exxon has not independently confirmed these reports. This latest incident adds to the growing amount of crude already offline in Nigeria due to the revival of Niger Delta militancy targeting the oil sector.

So far, according to Bloomberg, attacks have cut output by 600,000-1.4 million barrels per day. On Wednesday, Royal Dutch Shell declared force majeure on its exports of Bonny Light crude. Shell has been forced to evacuate staff from its Eja OML 79 production facility.

On Monday, Nigerian officials said that Chevron had begun to evacuate staff from its facilities in the Niger Delta follow attacks on its assets.
Several Chevron facilities, such as a platform and oil flow station, were attacked by militants last week. On Thursday, militants vowed to attack Chevron again as the company attempts to repair damage.bAlso on Thursday, the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), the group behind the string of attacks, issued a threat to all oil companies in the region to shut down and leave or face stepped up attacks.

[url]oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/More-Oil-Offline-in-Nigeria-as-Exxon-Declares-Force-Majeure.html[/url].

Can we now see why some of us say that buahri has no brain. How do you fight people who will inflict such magnitude of pains on the economy? What this means is that Nigeria is losing #15 billion everyday the qua iboe crude is closed off. This is not like boko haram, where we only suffer human casualties. Here, we are talking about both human casualties and the heart of the Nigerias economy.

I see, the problem Buhari has are the many zombies surrounding him, who don't give him good advice. NDA will cripple this economy and it is even easy for them to do that, because blowing up pipelines is much more easier than a suicide attack. I want to see how bubu will overcome this malaise, but anybody saying that there is a military component to overcoming this crises is probably high on expired powdered milk.

174 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by ba7man(m): 2:57pm On May 13, 2016
I just love the South west. cool cool cool

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by brownskindude: 3:01pm On May 13, 2016
I thought they had two heads. They should have waited. How can oil be drilled in South South but regional and head offices are in Lagos and Abuja? Is it fair? Even when Groundnut and Cocoa was the mainstay of the economy, didn't the Hausas/Fulanis and Yorubas control their resources? Why should that of an Edo, Urhobo, Itsekiri or an Ijaw be any different?

I'm not happy with the recent happenings currently taking place but let the truth be told for once, the hausas/fulanis and yorubas have contributed little or nothing to the economy but have taken more. Oil is our birthright and we are not going to wait for it to be given to us. ****

181 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by osinbanjoisaliar: 3:03pm On May 13, 2016
One by one they don dey go. Goodbye oyel, Goodbye free money, Goodbye Nigeria.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by Sunnymatey(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2016
The boys are angry and they are fighting a just course. I as a Niger Deltan deserve an old blog. We need to also benefit frm resources found in our backyard.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by Agwoden(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2016
Better! To thy tent o Israel.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by Chennai1: 3:12pm On May 13, 2016
Cc. Lalasticlala, mynd44. Abeg do justice to this thread and move it were it suppose be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by todayboy: 3:16pm On May 13, 2016
whats is happening see as people dey happy that government is losing money and investment
even religious struggle like isis and the rest the people are not as happy the way Niger deltans are happy for the avengers
Buhari wake this thing has gone beyond sending military

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by Ngozi123(f): 3:21pm On May 13, 2016
hucienda:
The north has taught the once docile, 'slap-me-turn-the-other-cheek' south intolerance and violence...

Now we are now learning in reality no one has the monopoly of violence.

If the north makes the country ungovernable for a southerner, the south returns the favour.

Jonathan had his 'ungovernable' northern moment.

Buhari is having his 'ungovernable' southern moment..

The next southern president of the republic will also have his 'ungovernable' northern moment...

And on and on it goes in this circus of a country.

Only God knows when this stupidity by supposed nationals of the same country will end.

This is the one reason why I think that this country will never work. I used to believe that regionalism was the answer- I still do in some respects- but I realised that that would never happen as long as we're still stuck in this 'tit-for-tat' mentality. If one region sees that regionalism will benefit another region more than itself, even if it'll still benefit them, they will do all they can to prevent it from happening.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by youngeagle(m): 3:21pm On May 13, 2016
My people perish because of lack of wisdom...lesson number one,never trust a dullard with power.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:26pm On May 13, 2016
When our ppl start losing their jobs and coys relocate to Lagos, I hope people celebrating those misguided NDA won't complain?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by Hengineer: 3:29pm On May 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
When our ppl start losing their jobs and coys relocate to Lagos, I hope people celebrating those misguided NDA won't complain?

The funny thing is, when you check very well, it's not even Niger deltans that rejoice over this news.

Some set of humans are just happy about anything that goes wrong in Nigeria today. It's all politcal and to these guys, anything that goes wrong is viewed as punishment to Buhari, hence the euphoria. It's really wonderful how some people reason. I cant imagine the poverty and turmoil this would bring when everything finally goes down.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 13, 2016
If you ever want to come back stop talking to zoogaria
They and their president are fraud...419ers

long live

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:40pm On May 13, 2016
Hengineer:

The funny thing is, when you check very well, it's not even Niger deltans that rejoice over this news.

Some set of humans are just happy about anything that goes wrong in Nigeria today. It's all politcal and to these guys, anything that goes wrong is viewed as punishment to Buhari, hence the euphoria. It's really wonderful how some people reason. I cant imagine the poverty and turmoil this would bring when everything finally goes down.
Only a foolish man will chop off his head to cure his headache

26 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by hopilo: 3:50pm On May 13, 2016
This headline is misleading. Exxon fled? Please let verify the source.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by proeast(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2016
hehehehe, anybody who has Bubu's number should call him o, this is getting out of hand already, he should stop behaving as if he doesn't care, the same Nigerians that voted him are currently starving.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by la1(m): 3:52pm On May 13, 2016
Declaring a force majore does not equate to closing operations and " fleeing" as the op so fraudulently tagged the title..nowhere in the piece provided is that ever indicated... Read before you comment
Re: Niger Delta Avengers: Exxon Shuts Down Oil Operations by tempest01(m): 4:14pm On May 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Tonye the fight is for oil...oil in your backyard...you think if there was no oil the coys will be there in the first place?

There's no need trying to score points. The points will take you no where.

If they relocate, the oil will still be in the ground..assets for future generation....can you compare it to the gains now?

To solve the issue of militancy, the government should take steps to solve issues in the ND. Firstly, nobody should own oil blocs...it should strictly be operating companies.

92 Likes 11 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Detain Muhammad Kime Over Facebook Post / Obasanjo: How I Survived Dimka Coup. Olu Bajowa Saved Me / Why Chad Withdrew Troops From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.