Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires (23368 Views)

4 Warning Signs That You Need New Tires / Must Car Tires Be Black? / How To Take Good Care Of Your Tires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by doctorlaw: 7:16pm On May 13, 2016
I guess change is really here but Buhari and his people should better not start it with me. I was driving gently on my own when some FRSC officials decided to flag me down. They asked for my license and particulars which I humbly provided. I also showed them my fire extinguisher, triangle and spare tire. Since everything was in order I asked if I could leave as I had somewhere to go urgently. Their oga said there's one more thing. He ordered his guys to check my tyres. After checking, they started writing things down. Later, they told me all my tyres were expired and that they have been given clear directives to confiscate all expired tyres. Sincerely I had to laugh. I told them I understand they were doing their jobs and that I didn't have the money right now to change all my tyres. After much pleading they agreed to let me go with a promise to change my tyres.
I personally think what they're doing is right but in this present Nigeria I definitely can't change all my tyres for now.
Make them no vex... if I get caught again we will speak the grammar from beginning or better still I will leave the car for them. After all with this present situation na to blow okada sure pass.
Has anyone experienced the new tyre check stuff?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by DesChyko: 7:22pm On May 13, 2016
It's a bother and I'll understand if it's expensive to change at will. But in the end, it's for your own safety. Except they're being fraudulent.

16 Likes

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by Connoisseur(m): 7:33pm On May 13, 2016
There is one way to escape FRSC tyre check. When they tell your tyres are expired, go to theirs and check it too. Surely it has expired (just learn how to check), snap their tyres and threaten to post it on social media.

194 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by Kollyk11(m): 7:50pm On May 13, 2016
if dem stop me I will simply pullover .as dey are checking my own tires I will just take my glasses and bend down to check their own tires too.the safety of my fellow country ppl is also my priority. grin

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by doctorlaw: 8:38pm On May 13, 2016
Kollyk11:
if dem stop me I will simply pullover .as dey are checking my own tires I will just take my glasses and bend down to check their own tires too.the safety of my fellow country ppl is also my priority. grin

Hahahahhaha. It will be a nice stunt to pull if only they will allow you.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by doctorlaw: 8:40pm On May 13, 2016
Connoisseur:
There is one way to escape FRSC tyre check. When they tell your tyres are expired, go to theirs and check it too. Surely it has expired (just learn how to check), snap their tyres and threaten to post it on social media.

Quite hilarious. I have a feeling they would have changed all their tyres because the cars they use these days look new. They were quite understanding though

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by doctorlaw: 8:43pm On May 13, 2016
DesChyko:
It's a bother and I'll understand if it's expensive to change at will. But in the end, it's for your own safety. Except they're being fraudulent.

They tried to educate me on the dangers of driving with an expired tyre which I already know. I plan changing them but not now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by Nobody: 6:31am On May 14, 2016
I think it is a good idea....especially as I have nearly lost close ones to accidents caused by bad tyres.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by Coldfeets: 6:33am On May 14, 2016
Connoisseur:

Shame on you.

Look at the way you're reasoning.

You are just part of the problem.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by Nobody: 6:33am On May 14, 2016
doctorlaw:
I guess change is really here but Buhari and his people should better not start it with me. I was driving gently on my own when some FRSC officials decided to flag me down. They asked for my license and particulars which I humbly provided. I also showed them my fire extinguisher, triangle and spare tire. Since everything was in order I asked if I could leave as I had somewhere to go urgently. Their oga said there's one more thing. He ordered his guys to check my tyres. After checking, they started writing things down. Later, they told me all my tyres were expired and that they have been given clear directives to confiscate all expired tyres. Sincerely I had to laugh. I told them I understand they were doing their jobs and that I didn't have the money right now to change all my tyres. After much pleading they agreed to let me go with a promise to change my tyres.
I personally think what they're doing is right but in this present Nigeria I definitely can't change all my tyres for now.
Make them no vex... if I get caught again we will speak the grammar from beginning or better still I will leave the car for them. After all with this present situation na to blow okada sure pass.
Has anyone experienced the new tyre check stuff?

Cost of new tyres (4)....N28000-40000.

Cost of treating yourself in hospital from accident caused by bad tyre....N100000 (And that's just the first few days)>

You do the math. wink

12 Likes

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by eleojo23: 6:34am On May 14, 2016
Connoisseur:
cheesy
Tit for tat abi?
But remember that they are doing it for your own safety and for the safety of other road users.
Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by kossyablaze(m): 6:34am On May 14, 2016
Coldfeets:

Shame at you.
Look at the way you're reasoning.
You are just part of problem.
lol
Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by englishmart(m): 6:34am On May 14, 2016
I was stopped 12 times for tyre checks just from life-camp to wuse

7 Likes

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by xandy84: 6:36am On May 14, 2016
Tire expired..lol.. I had been pulled over by cop times without numbers and none of them ever look or complain about my tire. The only place i get my tire check is while doing state inspection. We enjoy making things difficult for follow Nigerian.. Can somebody explain why police or FRSC always ask fir fire extinguisher while no other country ask cor such...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by Harwoyeez(m): 6:38am On May 14, 2016
Please let someone share with us where to check on d expiry date on tires

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by Benprak(m): 6:40am On May 14, 2016
How do I know when a tire has expired?

1 Like

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by lonelydora: 6:44am On May 14, 2016
If they stop me, I will ask them to dash me some money to change all my tyres that I'm a railway worker and I haven't been paid for years.

I don't use expired tyres though

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by alatbaba1(m): 6:44am On May 14, 2016
Lolz
Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by Franchise21(m): 6:47am On May 14, 2016
englishmart:
I was stopped 12 times for tyre checks just from life-camp to wuse
Yhu!!!
Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by opedaydydx9(m): 6:48am On May 14, 2016
Omo cause of this I had to change my full light, seat belt nd likes, buh tyre,?? Not now oo I don't speed much I go dey manage am

1 Like

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by presentley: 6:49am On May 14, 2016
kossyablaze:
Which is more important? ..... Like for tyre,..... Share for seat belt
a serious issue like this is being discussed but your own problem na how many likes and shares. You no get sense.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by alatbaba1(m): 6:50am On May 14, 2016
Benprak:

Benprak:

Harwoyeez:
Please let someone share with us where to check on d expiry date on tires

Check Nairaland auto section. The to pick has been killed on many occasion.
Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by Nobody: 6:51am On May 14, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
I think it is a good idea....especially as I have nearly lost close ones to accidents caused by bad tyres.
sorry 'bout that.
'but based on everyday road accidents et al, what is the the ratio of accidents caused by expired tyres to other factors (inclusive of under/over inflation of tyres)?
I feel they should do a proper sensitization for road users, not just singling out one and holding unto it...

I would check mine later though, to be on the safe side.

How do I check? Anybody... help grin

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by rhazur(m): 6:54am On May 14, 2016
kossyablaze:
No lyk no share....e pain am
Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by doctorlaw: 6:58am On May 14, 2016
kossyablaze:

I think they're both important
Re: FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 6:59am On May 14, 2016
Connoisseur:
That's some James Bond shit man! Lol. Bad guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! / All New Mercedes A-class Sedan Revealed (photos) / Micra Taxis In Ibadan: Necessity Or Menace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.