Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari (26411 Views)

Is Naira Finally Gaining Value? / Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate / Naira Finally Devalued By CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by caphone: 10:11am On May 14, 2016
SR at it again oooo. Coman see ooo
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by tylerbraid(m): 10:23am On May 14, 2016
This came from sahara reporters, all they say is "one of our sources" without mentioning any name & y'all jump to bash all because the name 'buhari' is involved. No single quote was made from buhari in this fake news. And most people are rushing to pour out hateful comments. If he said anything about devaluation, he would have addressed it to the press directly through his media officer or personally like he did on CNN. At this stage of time, anyone can come up with any news even a toddler as far as there's internet. But the inability to verify the news from right sources with quotes from those involved would continually be a problem.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by Akalia(m): 10:23am On May 14, 2016
Na big mouths and silly talkers full Nairaland, nairanders are very powerful only on social platforms but meet them one on one, u would be shocked by how too much of a coward they are. Bleep Nairalanders, especially Bleep all the MODS that keep banning people and lastly Bleep seun osewa abi wetin be e name sef tongue tongue
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by erico2k2(m): 10:27am On May 14, 2016
hardywaltz:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/13/buhari-bows-imf-pressure-devalue-naira-290-dollar
This new FG vindicating the imidiate past finance minister since 2015
This is 2 hat they should have done long ago
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by coldFLARES1(m): 10:34am On May 14, 2016
luvinhubby:
When we told these people that Buhari is dumb.
Honestly, there is no more apt way to describe him. A man of impaired understanding so stubbornly cast in his archaic mindset and retrogressive convictions. Here's a man than constituted a transition committee to provide him a template for governance yet went ahead to ignore most useful suggestions made to him thereby plunging us into a needless trauma, after wasting our scarce resources experimenting with his weird convictions of 'I don't know what subsidy is' and 'I can't allow devaluation'.

To think that this knows next to nothing about being visionary or being creative in thinking, we can only hope that this president and rogue gang of 'economic management team' ministers do not end up making things messier for all of us.

Anyone needs evidence that PMB has nothing to offer? Events in the last 7 days is just the testament you need!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by Realist2: 10:35am On May 14, 2016
[quote author=Pidggin post=45594691]Buhari is a scammer grin[/quot

Not just a big scammer but
a confused and Dumbo with archaic mentality, operating in a direct reversed,opposite and in total contrast of all his campaign promises.

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by totorimi: 10:38am On May 14, 2016
The only truth ever said by Lai himself was that Buhari has lost control of the economy but he has since remembered his real name and denied that he said what was recorded from him.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by tefund(m): 10:41am On May 14, 2016
obj ,hate him he even paid off nigerias debt in addition to saving forex upto $60 billion
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by owagbeba: 10:46am On May 14, 2016
oduastates:
Today's worst news.
These same people are the main reasons why obj saved the Excess Crude and built up the foreign exchange.
A patriotic act. Obj called their bluffs time and time over again.
You are not independent country if you are a perpetual or chronic debtor.
The IMF is controlled by powerful American investment banks. Those banks are only interested in making money by any means possible. After lending you the money, they will look for ways to make you pay over and over again.
I am sure the IMF wants the exchange rate to float freely.

What Nigerian unpatriotic quacks say will happen
Everything will normalise after borrowing from the IMF and devaluing the naira

What will actually happen

The political thieves,foreigners,foreign firms and wealthy Nigerians with naira trapped in the Nigerian economy will convert their naira to dollars and shipped them out. (The same thing happened in Greece.)
The money borrowed ends up not providing any benefit to the country.
In the meantime The Nigerian debt has becomes larger.

Now I expect the parallel market to devalue further in order to maintain their margin. That is, if they've not done so already.
While I predicted the list directly below when Jonathan was squandering the country's resources, it is very important that Buhari rejigs is team, reorder his budget and rethink policy to deliver better services delivery as quickly as possible. (E.g step can be taken to reduce 25% of Nigerian fuel consumption in Lagos)
Emphasis on quickly.

Runaway Inflation
Civil servants strikes for more salaries
More inflation
More hardship for non civil servants.
Interest rates will go up.

The Nigerian economy is bedevilled by evil spirits( Nigerians).
The only places where the economy works are in poor autonomous or isolated villages where

1 prices are not set arbitrarily.
2 the laws of demand and supply actually works.
3 The value of the naira is governed by it's purchasing power and not the foreign exchange value.
4 inflation is low (local goods).

Not sure if this news is confirmed, but I think it imperative for one of the bigwigs-be it the CBN governor or the president, to publicly denounce this rumor. If not done soon enough, the forex black marketers will runs off with this rumor and hoard the dollar anticipating a devaluation.

Honestly, our biggest problem is us. For months now, the dollar has remained steady hovering around 320. There wasn't that panic buying or hoarding experienced early this year. Just for the fact that petrol subsidy was removed, these mongrels or BDCs decided it's time to switch on the panic mode. Any "significant" correlation between subsidy removal and black market dollar hike?

Now dollar is 360. And with this rumor of devaluation it might hit 400 again.

Just too tired of Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by coldFLARES1(m): 10:57am On May 14, 2016
tylerbraid:
This came from sahara reporters, all they say is "one of our sources" without mentioning any name & y'all jump to bash all because the name 'buhari' is involved. No single quote was made from buhari in this fake news. And most people are rushing to pour out hateful comments. If he said anything about devaluation, he would have addressed it to the press directly through his media officer or personally like he did on CNN. At this stage of time, anyone can come up with any news even a toddler as far as there's internet. But the inability to verify the news from right sources with quotes from those involved would continually be a problem.
People are stretched and needlessly stressed by the recalcitrance of the rulers and should express their frustrations without let or hindrance.

Were you not surprised that the PPPRA adopted 298 naira to a dollar as its upper limit, in calculating the price band for PMS, after its partial deregulation, when the prevalent parallel market rate was 315 to a dollar?

Even when it takes effect, for fear of a backlash, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, the Vice President and a Snr Pastor of the RCCG would lie that nothing of such happened.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by S0l0n(m): 10:57am On May 14, 2016
Seriously it's getting more painful with each passing day. It's as if this present govt is trying very hard to make life unbearable for the average Nigerian. The worst part is that this same purported loan will wind up in some govt official's pocket leaving Nigeria with more debt + weaker currency. Buhari I hail o! Continue but know that God is watching you.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by holuwatunmishe(f): 11:17am On May 14, 2016
why wait this long when Mr president knew he will eventually agree to devalue d naira. I don't seems to understand this govt
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by spacefreak: 11:26am On May 14, 2016
repogirl:
Kikiki.... Where art thou, O Zombies? grin

I nobtalk am? Pikin wey refuse to greet him elder, dem go flog am mercilessly and after he cry finish, he go waka go greet that elder!

Lol I like the way you think.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by macaranta(m): 11:43am On May 14, 2016
This is just a huge joke...expect parallel market to shoot up $ to $1 to 500 naira
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by andyprez(m): 11:57am On May 14, 2016
Anyone calling Buhari names now but voted for him is just simply a silly person. Anyone who has foresight could detect that this man and his allies are one one the most clueless set of individuals walking on the surface of the earth.

Please APC supporters club should first of all acknowledge their wrong before making their points.

BTW, I also thought Nigeria government could do better during Jonathan's administration but was NEVER convinced Buhari was the right man for the job personally and he made it worse when he chose his ministers.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by babestella: 12:36pm On May 14, 2016
You've just been scammed.

Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by basingstoke: 12:40pm On May 14, 2016
ononujuchika:
This buhari has no single truth in his mouth!

Tufiakwa!old man lying p and down.
take am eazy, he is the only honest nigerian. the rest of us are thieves

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by ourleader(m): 1:46pm On May 14, 2016
222Martins:
E Don Happen Oh!!!!!!!! Rain or Sun, Subsidy or Devaluation; I am making money this year. Who's with me? grin grin grin grin grin

MY IS A MUST TO BE RICH & SETTLES THROUGHT CHRIST JESUS
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by IRREVO: 1:49pm On May 14, 2016
please Nigerians do you still want this type of change?STAND UP NOW. reject liars this is the needful.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by rahman3853(m): 1:56pm On May 14, 2016
when i say tis man is a blatant liar n hypocrite ppl tink we no knw weytin we dey yan. wat exactly is he doing with our lootd money recoverd! 2 me, that monies cn cover our budget 4 yearz, yet he says no money n he must beg! sori, loan frm imf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 14, 2016
otokx:
why $290? let them make it $419.

better still, they can round it up to #500/$
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by Truth234(m): 2:20pm On May 14, 2016
Adesiji77:
This should not be surprising...the handwriting can be seen on the wall.

However, Vanguard newspaper reported: "But speaking to Vanguard Mr. Femi Adesina, the special adviser to the president on media and publicity denied the reports. He said there was no such plans."

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/buhari-devalue-naira-290-dollar/

Cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44, Seun

lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44, Seun can you guys come and replace saharareports link since its deregulation. That was what you did when Investors King first published the news of devaluation, Seun one of your mods deleted the article and replaced it with Punch article when none of them were present at the conference.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by Sunglow: 2:51pm On May 14, 2016
2019,just around the corner.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by teebillz: 3:08pm On May 14, 2016
MasterofNL:
Buhari! Buhari!! Buhari!!!

Cc

Beremx, Gbawe, Omenka, Obiagelli, Ngeneukwuenu, Urennankoli, Passingshot, Obailala, Dropshot.

This is not the best time to be any of the guys mentioned.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by blueAgent(m): 4:37pm On May 14, 2016
hollyfat:
In Lie Muhammed voice "The devaluation of Naira will create 500,000 jobs"

That guy na real clown. from masqurade to Dollar devalution will create jobs. jokers
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by blueAgent(m): 4:38pm On May 14, 2016
hollyfat:
In Lie Muhammed voice "The devaluation of Naira will create 500,000 jobs"

That guy na real clown. from masqurade to Naira devalution will create jobs. jokers
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by mimiy05: 5:34pm On May 14, 2016
222Martins:
E Don Happen Oh!!!!!!!! Rain or Sun, Subsidy or Devaluation; I am making money this year. Who's with me? grin grin grin grin grin
I'm with you o...how are we making the money biko, tell a sister grin grin
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by medpren: 7:41pm On May 14, 2016
By the time 1$= 5,000 naira in few months. Some one nigerianists will beg that the country be divided so everyone can start afresh with their own currency. It is clear that tnose hoarding dollars and Biafr*n pounds are not fooools. Who needs the useless naira anyway? Even buhari and his family does not use the naira.
Re: Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari by Mrgabson: 12:38am On May 15, 2016
Finally

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Sugar Refinery In Niger State Shut Down / Omoaefe Ejere Welcomes New Baby (Photos) / The Unstable Value Of The Naira In The Parallel Market - Afolabi Olugbemiga Sam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.