Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday (42419 Views)

NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price / NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Slymonster(m): 10:02am On May 14, 2016
that Poo was kept at that price 145 to dialogue and then when labour comes with there wahala,they bring it down to 120 or 115...no b naija we dey..
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by PHIPEX(m): 10:08am On May 14, 2016
Another waste of man hour, Buhari can not reverse himself instead he will peg it at #100Naira and tell us it's a win-win situation. They couldn't respect us to tell Nigerians how they arrived at 145 in the first place. They think we are all zombies that will swallow whatever they said hook line and sinker.

Whatever they do, I support subsidy removal like I did in 2012 but I also support the strike because I want to rest and I want APC to feel the reward of their hypocrisy regarding subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 10:10am On May 14, 2016
I have exam thursday and friday.. Hope it wont affect.. Those are my last two papers!!
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by redcliff: 10:14am On May 14, 2016
peteken:
wot goes around comes around.....and no body get away by d consequences of he's actions.... u can not all of a sudden clam ignorant of subsidy jux because u want to sabotage ur predecessor government.... i cant wait for dis #OCCUPYNIGERIA..mheeeen dat Wednday too far ooooh....

But make i ask you simple question? You bever tire to dey go back and forth for your life? What did the protest in 2012 do?
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 10:16am On May 14, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Complete shutdown of the country.
How are you going to shut down the country when PENGASSAN and NUPENG has applauded Federal Government decision on the issue?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by ajebuter(f): 10:22am On May 14, 2016
Owamudia:
Nonsense!
PMB will not and must not give in!!
Subsidy must go forever!!!

I am not against subsidy removal oga, but from N87 to N145?

Haba! Thats the grudge, not the subsidy removal

Who the subsidy epp sef?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by LEXYCOM: 10:23am On May 14, 2016
Wow......make I begin organise season movie and stock my store with enough food stuff and enough condom cos my babe go dey with me during the strike period.......happy strike in advance

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Fryingpan1: 10:23am On May 14, 2016
To think this same thing happened in 2012 and all that came out that time should come out now too. especially the fools we call celebrities.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Praktikals(m): 10:24am On May 14, 2016
Let the strike begin on monday jare
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by ajebuter(f): 10:26am On May 14, 2016
PHIPEX:
Another waste of man hour, Buhari can not reverse himself instead he will peg it at #100Naira and tell us it's a win-win situation. They couldn't respect us to tell Nigerians how they arrived at 145 in the first place. They think we are all zombies that will swallow whatever they said hook line and sinker.

Whatever they do, I support subsidy removal like I did in 2012 but I also support the strike because I want to rest and I want APC to feel the reward of their hypocrisy regarding subsidy.

Bros, if Buhari pegs it at N100 or even N110, i go even follow say ' Sai Buhari' but N145 ? I go continue to send as serious epe Ijebu.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 10:27am On May 14, 2016
My people perish for lack of knowledge ___ The subsidy was not removed, yea we don't read properly, did u see the caption as subsidy removal or fuel increase!!!! Osinbajo confirmed that no subsidy was removed !!!! !!!!!!
Owamudia:
Nonsense!
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by tolfyn(f): 10:33am On May 14, 2016
MaQuin:
BEARING any last minute alteration, organised labour and its civil society allies have resolved to shut down Nigeria from Wednesday, May 18, over the hike in the pump price of petrol announced by the federal government last Wednesday.

Recall the Federal Government on Wednesday announced a new regime of price that took the pump price of petrol to N145 per liter from N86.50.

Vanguard gathered that labour leaders will not later than Sunday send a letter to government demanding a total reversal to the N86.50 pump price of petrol before 12 am on Wednesday, falling which all economic and others would be shut from Wednesday.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-price-hike-nationwide-total-strike-begin-wednesday/
is strike the way out? NLC should focus on how those states owing salaries should be paid with immediate effect and not fights against the fuel hike. They can only fight for fuel hike if they benefitted from the subsidy. Let them do the right thing. Enough of their hyprocisy!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by olamylekan1805(m): 10:41am On May 14, 2016
Nigerian sha suffering and smiling,when time reach will we fight for our self,we are still dey enjoying change
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Reference(m): 10:42am On May 14, 2016
TopsyKrete:
Ok, is it only #86.50 they want it revert to or #65 per litre?

Stewpid fools nlc n allies.

In another news, Lier Muhammed just lied that subsidy removal will create 200000 jobs. Pls help me ask am for where?

If the sector is properly deregulated and liberalised it can generate up to 5 million jobs at full bloom.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by hresso: 10:42am On May 14, 2016
Why not on Monday?
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by chimex001(m): 10:43am On May 14, 2016
Breaking news!!

To forestall any possible breakdown of law and order, the following decision comes to immediate effect.

1) NLC is hereby disbanded
2) TUC is hereby dissolved.
3)All demonstrations and processions are hereby banned.

All unlawful assembly is hereby banned.

This administration will not tolerate any act of lawlessness. And any attempt to test our will shall be decisively dealt with.
We will not hesitate to declare a state of emergency in any state that fails to maintain law and order.

Enough is enough.

Democracy is no excuse for act of subversion.

Thanks you fellow Nigerian.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Kingsleyclever: 10:49am On May 14, 2016
so whats d (head) of state talking. lols

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by whitebeard(m): 10:50am On May 14, 2016
it is the people that gave NLC power...we can also take it from them...just ignore them and continue with your life...they are not even transparent enough..quote me if u have evidence that NLC is not corrupt and should not be dissolved
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Oz4realsss: 10:56am On May 14, 2016
Owamudia:
Nonsense!
If PMB is your God, same does not apply to other people.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by annnikky(f): 10:56am On May 14, 2016
TopsyKrete:

In another news, Lier Muhammed just lied that subsidy removal will create 200000 jobs. Pls help me ask am for where?
D fuel subsidy removal will create 200000 jobs in d sense that it'll force the youths to take the masquerade job seriously maybe thats his plan.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by buksaylor001: 10:57am On May 14, 2016
Why Wednesday?Time lap for kick backs and financial negotiations-
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by topsy23: 11:01am On May 14, 2016
Well, the outcome of the strike will not solve any problem. Price of things that have gone up will never come down again(not be naija we dey?). Buhari will never go back to the old price.

Now, if federal govt decide to increase the minimum wage from 18k to 30k, what will happen to private sector workers? A lot of private company are laying off their workers just because they can afford to pay their salary. Let's think twice ooooooo
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Mbediogu(m): 11:02am On May 14, 2016
MaQuin:
BEARING any last minute alteration, organised labour and its civil society allies have resolved to shut down Nigeria from Wednesday, May 18, over the hike in the pump price of petrol announced by the federal government last Wednesday.

Recall the Federal Government on Wednesday announced a new regime of price that took the pump price of petrol to N145 per liter from N86.50.

Vanguard gathered that labour leaders will not later than Sunday send a letter to government demanding a total reversal to the N86.50 pump price of petrol before 12 am on Wednesday, falling which all economic and others would be shut from Wednesday.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-price-hike-nationwide-total-strike-begin-wednesday/

I know how it will end. I have become a kind of prophet on issues like this from experience. Labor leaders will be invited to A so rock for dialogue. Some will go 'cap in hand' and on return 'smile to the bank'. Eventually the pump price will be 'reduced' to something like 125 per liter, and the suffering continues for the masses while the jamboree continues for the political class.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by koolaid87: 11:03am On May 14, 2016
watching in 3D grin
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by greall12(m): 11:04am On May 14, 2016
Funny another bunch of thieves. What is out come of Jonnathan term strike. May Ogun kill them All.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by chidiandre(m): 11:12am On May 14, 2016
will corpers be on strike too cos I wan leave kwara
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Dainty25(f): 11:14am On May 14, 2016
PHIPEX:

I like that "I want to rest " part grin
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Kitanadex(m): 11:29am On May 14, 2016
vandirous:
hmm I just dey laugh in swahili grin, if am not mistaken during oga jona tym, we just woke up with the nationwide strike without giving ultimatum, but y is dis one different
That's not true, the price of petrol was increased on the 1st of January and the government was given 5 days before embarking on the strike action on the 6th of January.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by fldta: 11:30am On May 14, 2016
TopsyKrete:

lol, senior man I tire oo. For where LIE mohammed deh, everytin including shit deh create job. Dat man no get 1kobo for sense
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Amanwulu1(m): 11:32am On May 14, 2016
otokx:
They should wait till workers collect May salary and stock up before declaring the grand mother of all strikes.
may salary? Hmmm! Here in niger state we still dey wait for April salary.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 11:36am On May 14, 2016
Make NLshit go sitdown for one place.....where dey day wen i dey buy fuel for #200 per litre sins.
Re: Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday by Ijaya123: 11:36am On May 14, 2016
alatbaba1:

See bashing early Saturday morning ooo.

1. I didn't support GEJ when he removed fuel subsidy. Before u remove subsidy on a commodity like PMS which has no close substitute you have to put some things in place to shoulder the effect of removal of subsidy. Do we have a working almost perfect working rail system? Nigeria is a country where the main form of transportation is by road.

2. How much is minimum wage of an average Nigerian?

3. They said subsidy on 1 litter of PMS is around #12. Hw come when subsidy was removed PMS will be sold for 145 when d ideal maths is around #93.

I guess some ppl jst like suffering.

You have very valid points. But my question is when will all those amenities be in place before fuel subsidy can be removed?

And where is the money to continue paying fuel subsidy come from, in case you don't know that the country is broke?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Outfit An Ex-Soldier Wore In Imo State(photo) / Atiku Considers Soludo, Adesina, Chike Obi, Peter Obi,Ekweremadu As Running Mate / Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.