Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! (1035 Views)

Thrown Back Pics Of Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Gej Subsidy Removal / "How We Stopped Buhari From Coming To Enugu" – IPOB / EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by dmighty: 10:42pm On May 13, 2016
The tale of two subsidy removal:
Subsidy removal under Jonathan was meant to cover up 2 trillion scam;
but subsidy removal under Buhari is meant to stop scam and put things right.

Facts:
Subsidy was N673B in 2010....
Suddenly, under d Angel of Corruption in 2011,
Subsidy jumped to N2.19trillion.....How? Explain....

The next move to cover up trillions looted in his first year was "subsidy removal".....Thank God we resisted the move, at least it was not available for him to share it with Dasuki, Diazeni, Bank CEOs, Miliatary service chiefs, eligious thieves across...

That resistance led to Farouk Lawal panel....Farouk was getting too close
to the root of ds scam called subsidy through NNPC...
Then the need to use greed as a bait to halt d panel.
Otedola, a private citizen, had all money used to bribe Farouk marked, and also recorded the scene...Simple FG was involved..
So Farouk the greedy guy fell for it. But instead of picking up Farouk, the entire panel and their findings went with it...

Five years of oil boom, they can't build one refinery, yet shut down the available 3 refineries
so as to share more loot via "inflated imported figures"...
That was the real issue then...

The real issue now is obvious: We can't afford it again.
PMB is dealing with the corruption the hero instituted,
You don't have to like his face, or who has not been picked up in APC.
What you still can't deny is that those picked up have not denied it...
Just within 12 months under PMB, efcc has recovered over N600B...Yea!

Within 7 months, Kachikwu has shown us that those refineries can work, just within
7 months....
I trust PMB, I trust Kachikwu. I know they will use the money saved from this opportunity
to revive and build local refineries...
Then, there will be no need to import again, then the price will surely be cheaper...

Deal with it, if you don't like his gut, wait till 2019.
Well, if PMB messes up, I will also join you to wail against him in 2019..
But your fear is that Nigeria will eventually work under PMB without your support...

Actually, Nigeria will work effectively in the days to come under PMB despite your hatred....
#iStandWithBuhari on #SubsidyRemoval

7 Likes

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:46pm On May 13, 2016
Zombie

2 Likes

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by hourl: 10:48pm On May 13, 2016
seen
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by Ghorddywyne: 11:07pm On May 13, 2016
To be candid it'll favour us....bt It came @ d wrong time......wit some time fuel will be like communication companies like MTN,GLO..etc.look@ wat glo did to internet supcription(1k for 1500mb) do u knw how many people moved to glo jus bcoz of this offer.And nw both mtn and etisalat the same thing too..so also petrol will be in due time.. Their'll be competititon where a firm will wnt to reduce its oil price so as to gain more costomer and soo on....
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by slyng(m): 11:18pm On May 13, 2016
Johnpaul2k2:
Zombie
masquerede dresser
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by coolscott(m): 11:23pm On May 13, 2016
[size=18pt]OP is a clown suffering from a severe need to cover up the uncomfortable embarrassment he feels right now about his 2012 subsidy removal protest.
Sorry. Doesn't work. We all understand how you feel
[/size]

By the way, I know the subsidy removal was right then. I also think it is right, now. But I must admit that at the beginning of the 2012 saga when I had not yet fully understood the situation, I did not really support it.

3 Likes

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by ogmask: 11:33pm On May 13, 2016
IP made some points tho.
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by Amitex(m): 11:41pm On May 13, 2016
Op's brain is completely brainwashed.

You are not better than a North Korean suffering and working in hard labour concentration camps and still clap and smile. Wake up, your illiteracy and hypocritical analysis does not convince the literates among us.

Go sell your foolishness to almajiris and fellow Zombies like you as seen on this image of North Koreans worshiping a picture.

1 Like

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by dmighty: 12:00am On May 14, 2016
Amitex:

You are not better than a North Korean suffering and working in hard labour concentration camps and still clap and smile. Wake up, your illiteracy and hypocritical analysis does not convince the literates among us.

Go sell your foolishness to almajiris and fellow Zombies like you as seen on this image of North Koreans worshiping a picture.

Thanks for the insults, noted.
So can you now use your brain for what it is meant for: State facts and superior argument to dispute what I said....Pls do that now, because I won't subsidize your thinking faculty for you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by dmighty: 12:01am On May 14, 2016
THE FUEL PRICING DEBATE: OUR STORY I have read the various observations about the fuel pricing regime and the attendant issues generated. You have all certainly raised strong points. The most important issue of course is how to shield the poor from the worst effects of the policy. I will hopefully address that in another note. Permit me an explanation of the policy. First, the real issue is not a removal of subsidy. At $40 a barrel there isn't much of a subsidy to remove. In any event, the President is probably one of the most convinced pro-subsidy advocates. What happened is as follows: our local consumption of fuel is almost entirely imported. The NNPC exchanges crude from its joint venture share to provide about 50% of local fuel consumption. The remaining 50% is imported by major and independent marketers. These marketers up until three months ago sourced their foreign exchange from the Central Bank of Nigeria at the official rate. However, since late last year, independent marketers have brought in little or no fuel because they have been unable to get foreign exchange from the CBN. The CBN simply did not have enough. (In April, oil earnings dipped to $550 million. The amount required for fuel importation alone is about $225million!) . Meanwhile, NNPC tried to cover the 50% shortfall by dedicating more export crude for domestic consumption. Besides the short term depletion of the Federation Account, which is where the FG and States are paid from, and further cash-call debts pilling up, NNPC also lacked the capacity to distribute 100% of local consumption around the country. Previously, they were responsible for only about 50%. (Partly the reason for the lingering scarcity). We realised that we were left with only one option. This was to allow independent marketers and any Nigerian entity to source their own foreign exchange and import fuel. We expect that foreign exchange will be sourced at an average of about N285 to the dollar, (current interbank rate). They would then be restricted to selling at a price between N135 and N145 per litre. We expect that with competition, more private refineries, and NNPC refineries working at full capacity, prices will drop considerably. Our target is that by Q4 2018 we should be producing 70% of our fuel needs locally. At the moment even if all the refineries are working optimally they will produce just about 40% of our domestic fuel needs. You will notice that I have not mentioned other details of the PPRA cost template. I wanted to focus on the cost component largely responsible for the substantial rise, namely foreign exchange. This is therefore not a subsidy removal issue but a foreign exchange problem, in the face of dwindling earnings. Together, Nigeria will prevail.....Prof Yemi Osinbajo
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by Amitex(m): 12:27am On May 14, 2016
dmighty:

Thanks for the insults, noted.
So can you now use your brain for what it is meant for: State facts and superior argument to dispute what I said....Pls do that now, because I won't subsidize your thinking faculty for you!

I do not argue with hearsay, myopic, and loose opinionated ramblers. How do you justify your numbers you are bandying about?
A man told you that he wants to remove subsidy to eliminate corruption in the system, you took to the street with your "rocket science leaders" shouting, that there was nothing like subsidy. Even your messiah Buhari argued that subsidy was alien and a means of corruptly enriching Jonathan and his cronies. None of you were sensible enough to know that if a process is generating corruption, the best way to eliminate the corruption was to do away with the system. You accused Jonathan to have intended to cover N2,19T subsidy fraud (hearsay) by removing subsidy. How senseless can anyone be that thinks this way??

You complained that subsidy was breeding corruption, then the government decided to eliminate the source of corruption, you went to the streets to protest that the subsidy (corruption breeder) should remain. How foolish!!! Now you are swallowing your vomits. Instead of covering your faces in shame, you seek to justify your shortsightedness and political and ethnic bigotry.

Shame on you and your type. I am waiting for your lords - Bakare, Falana, Fashola, Tinubu, Soyinka to for once admit you were shortsighted. Bunch of hypocrites and Judas Iscarots. It runs in a people anyway!!!

3 Likes

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by dmighty: 12:51am On May 14, 2016
Amitex:

I do not argue with hearsay, myopic, and loose opinionated ramblers. How do you justify your numbers you are bandying about?
A man told you that he wants to remove subsidy to eliminate corruption in the system, you took to the street with your "rocket science leaders" shouting, that there was nothing like subsidy. Even your messiah Buhari argued that subsidy was alien and a means of corruptly enriching Jonathan and his cronies. None of you were sensible enough to know that if a process is generating corruption, the best way to eliminate the corruption was to do away with the system. You accused Jonathan to have intended to cover N2,19T subsidy fraud (hearsay) by removing subsidy. How senseless can anyone be that thinks this way??

You complained that subsidy was breeding corruption, then the government decided to eliminate the source of corruption, you went to the streets to protest that the subsidy (corruption breeder) should remain. How foolish!!! Now you are swallowing your vomits. Instead of covering your faces in shame, you seek to justify your shortsightedness and political and ethnic bigotry.

Shame on you and your type. I am waiting for your lords - Bakare, Falana, Fashola, Tinubu, Soyinka to for once admit you were shortsighted. Bunch of hypocrites and Judas Iscarots. It runs in a people anyway!!!

Good, at least you are getting better...So keep this conversation civil...
Now, since you called the figures rumor......
Pls can you tell us the 2011 subsidy in Naira...Do that first.
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by Amitex(m): 12:59am On May 14, 2016
dmighty:

[s]Facts:
Subsidy was N673B in 2010....
Subsidy jumped to N2.19trillion.....How? Explain....

The next move to cover up trillions looted in his first year was "subsidy removal".....Thank God we resisted the move, at least it was not available for him to share it with Dasuki, Diazeni, Bank CEOs, Miliatary service chiefs, eligious thieves across...

Otedola, a private citizen, had all money used to bribe Farouk marked, and also recorded the scene...Simple FG was involved..
So Farouk the greedy guy fell for it. But instead of picking up Farouk, the entire panel and their findings went with it...

Five years of oil boom, they can't build one refinery, yet shut down the available 3 refineries

Just within 12 months under PMB, efcc has recovered over N600B...Yea![/s]

Within 7 months, Kachikwu has shown us that those refineries can work, just within
7 months....
I trust PMB, I trust Kachikwu. I know they will use the money saved from this opportunity
Then, there will be no need to import again, then the price will surely be cheaper...

But your fear is that Nigeria will eventually work under PMB without your support...

Actually, Nigeria will work effectively in the days to come under PMB despite your hatred....

Op on the bolded portion, can you tell me what companies Buhari contracted to refurbish the refineries and how much he and Kachikwu paid?? I need facts, not fiction...

Then, Op see how hypocrisy has blinded you In December 2014, you wrote this ...

dmighty:
This is simple enough. If your child is collecting #5, because transportation fair is high due to high cost of fuel, then why should he still insist on collecting same amount when fuel price has reduced, and drivers have reduced their price?

If Nigeria government claims to be paying x amount as subsidy when crude oil is sold for $100, they still claim same amount when it went up to $107. Why should d subsidy price still be at constant x, when d price is now $70?

You see How corruption disables human brain? If there is a change on crude oil price, common sense dictates that the subsidy price also should reduce this time around.

Crude oil price is falling, fuel price is constant, subsidy money is constant, therefore corruption is still constant. Corrupt leaders and their cabinets can not think smart and straight. Nigerians, stop corrupt leaders, before they stop d future!

Question is if oil is now selling for less than $42, what justification does Buhari have to increase fuel price going by your myopic analysis above?? Except HYPOCRISY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by hushshinani(m): 1:00am On May 14, 2016
appreciating baba till death
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by Amitex(m): 1:13am On May 14, 2016
dmighty:

Good, at least you are getting better...So keep this conversation civil...
Now, since you called the figures rumor......
Pls can you tell us the 2011 subsidy in Naira...Do that first.

Good you have accepted that you are bandying falsehood. Go do your homework before posting trash.

Meanwhile please can you respond to your self contradictory positions between December 2014 and May 2016? Again, do not forget to tell us how Buhari and Kachikwu made refineries to jump-start!!!

For your information, this is a public forum, so when you come here be ready to provide facts. We are all not robots!!! If you do not have concrete evidence, do not come here to write trash. No insult intended, but please go do your self soul searching and stop your misinformation and hatred for Jonathan. Election and campaigns are over. Let Buhari perform rather than this "try your luck" economic masturbation.
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by engineerboat(m): 1:18am On May 14, 2016
Amitex:

Op on the bolded portion, can you tell me what companies Buhari contracted to refurbish the refineries and how much he and Kachikwu paid?? I need facts, not fiction...

Question is if oil is now selling for less than $42, what justification does Buhari have to increase fuel price going by your myopic analysis above?? Except HYPOCRISY!!!

Leave that guy alone abeg.

What other word can we use for hypocrisy.

Here is a goverment that even still went ahead to provide immediate palliative for fuel subsidy? Where is PMB speech about this.....

NATIONAL BROADCAST BY PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, GCFR, ON THE DEREGULATION OF THE DOWNSTREAM PETROLEUM SECTOR SATURDAY, JANUARY 7, 2012 ___________________________________________

Dear Compatriots,

1. A week ago, I had cause to address Nigerians on the security challenges we are facing in parts of the country, which necessitated the declaration of a state of emergency in 15 Local Government Areas in four states of the Federation. That course of action attracted widespread support and a demonstration of understanding. With that declaration, government had again signaled its intention to combat terrorism with renewed vigour and to assure every Nigerian of safety.

2. The support that we have received in the fight against terrorism from concerned Nigerians at home and abroad has been remarkable. We believe that it is with such continued support that progress can be made on national issues. Let me express my heartfelt appreciation to everyone who has expressed a commitment to support us as we strive to improve on the country’s security situation, and build a stronger foundation for the future. The recent mindless acts of violence in Gombe, Potiskum, Jimeta-Yola and Mubi are unfortunate. I urge all Nigerians to eschew bitterness and acrimony and live together in harmony and peace. Wherever there is any threat to public peace, our security agencies will enforce the law, without fear or favour.

3. This evening, I address you, again, with much concern over an issue that borders on the national economy, the oil industry and national progress. As part of our efforts to transform the economy and guarantee prosperity for all Nigerians, Government, a few days ago, announced further deregulation of the downstream petroleum sector. The immediate effect of this has been the removal of the subsidy on petrol.

4. Since the announcement, there have been mixed reactions to the policy. Let me seize this opportunity to assure all Nigerians that I feel the pain that you all feel. I personally feel pained to see the sharp increase in transport fares and the prices of goods and services. I share the anguish of all persons who had travelled out of their stations, who had to pay more on the return leg of their journeys.

5. If I were not here to lead the process of national renewal, if I were in your shoes at this moment, I probably would have reacted in the same manner as some of our compatriots, or hold the same critical views about government. But I need to use this opportunity as your President to address Nigerians on the realities on the ground, and why we chose to act as we did. I know that these are not easy times. But tough choices have to be made to safeguard the economy and our collective survival as a nation. resident Jonathan during the budget presentation to the joint session of the National Assembly.

6. My fellow Nigerians, the truth is that we are all faced with two basic choices with regard to the management of the downstream petroleum sector: either we deregulate and survive economically, or we continue with a subsidy regime that will continue to undermine our economy and potential for growth, and face serious consequences

. 7. As you all know, the subject of deregulation is not new, we have been grappling with it for more than two decades. Previous administrations tinkered with the pump price of petroleum products, and were unable to effect complete deregulation of the downstream sector. This approach has not worked. If it did, we would not be here talking about deregulation today. I understand fully well that deregulation is not a magic formula that will address every economic challenge, but it provides a good entry point for transforming the economy, and for ensuring transparency and competitiveness in the oil industry, which is the mainstay of our economy.

8. As a President, elected and supported by ordinary Nigerians, and the vast majority of our people, I have a duty to bring up policies and programmes that will grow the economy and bring about greater benefits for the people. Let me assure you that as your President, I have no intention to inflict pain on Nigerians.

9. The deregulation of the petroleum sector is a necessary step that we had to take. Should we continue to do things the same way, and face more serious economic challenges? Or deregulate, endure the initial discomfort and reap better benefits later? I want to assure every Nigerian that whatever pain you may feel at the moment, will be temporary

. 10. The interest of the ordinary people of this country will always remain topmost in my priorities as a leader. I remain passionately committed to achieving significant and enduring improvements in our economy that will lead to sustained improvement in the lives of our people.

11. I am determined to leave behind a better Nigeria, that we all can be proud of. To do so, I must make sure that we have the resources and the means to grow our economy to be resilient, and to sustain improved livelihood for our people. We must act in the public interest, no matter how tough, for the pains of today cannot be compared to the benefits of tomorrow. On assumption of office as President, I swore to an oath to always act in the best interest of the people. I remain faithful to that undertaking.

12. To save Nigeria, we must all be prepared to make sacrifices. On the part of Government, we are taking several measures aimed at cutting the size and cost of governance, including on-going and continuous effort to reduce the size of our recurrent expenditure and increase capital spending. In this regard, I have directed that overseas travels by all political office holders, including the President, should be reduced to the barest minimum. The size of delegations on foreign trips will also be drastically reduced; only trips that are absolutely necessary will be approved.

13. For the year 2012, the basic salaries of all political office holders in the Executive arm of government will be reduced by 25%. Government is also currently reviewing the number of committees, commissions and parastatals with overlapping responsibilities. The Report on this will be submitted shortly and the recommendations will be promptly implemented. In the meantime, all Ministries, Departments and Agencies must reduce their overhead expenses.

14. We are all greatly concerned about the issue of corruption. The deregulation policy is the strongest measure to tackle this challenge in the downstream sector. In addition, government is taking other steps to further sanitize the oil industry.

15. To ensure that the funds from petroleum subsidy removal are spent prudently on projects that will build a greater Nigeria, I have established a committee to oversee the implementation of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme. I sincerely believe that the reinvestment of the petroleum subsidy funds, to ensure improvement in national infrastructure, power supply, transportation, irrigation and agriculture, education, healthcare, and other social services, is in the best interest of our people

. 16. Fellow Nigerians, I know that the removal of the petroleum subsidy imposes an initial burden on our people, especially the rising cost of transportation. Government will be vigilant and act decisively to curb the excesses of those that want to exploit the current situation for selfish gains. I plead for the understanding of all Nigerians. I appeal to our youth not to allow mischief-makers to exploit present circumstances to mislead or incite them to disturb public peace.

17. To address the immediate challenges that have been identified, I have directed all Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government to embark immediately on all projects which have been designed to cushion the impact of the subsidy removal in the short, medium and long-term, as outlined in the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme Document.

18. Tomorrow, 8th January, I will formally launch a robust mass transit intervention programme to bring down the cost of transportation across the country. The programme will be implemented in partnership with state and local governments, labour unions, transport owners, and banking institutions, and supported with the provision of funding at zero interest rate as well as import duty waiver on all needed parts for locally-made mass transit vehicles, which will create additional jobs in the economy.

19. We will keep these incentives in place for as long as it takes. I want to assure you that Government will not rest until we bring down the cost of transportation for our people. Let me thank the transporters’ associations that have agreed to reduce transport fares. I have directed the Minister of Labour and Productivity to work with these associations to come up with a sustainable plan to guarantee this within the shortest possible time

. 20. In addition, I have ordered the mobilization of contractors for the full rehabilitation of the Port Harcourt –Maiduguri Railway Line and the completion of the Lagos-Kano Railway Line. I have also directed the immediate commencement of a Public Works programme that will engage the services of about 10, 000 youths in every state of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory. This will create an additional 370, 000 jobs.

21. Government has taken these decisions in the best interest of our economy, so that we not only have benefits today, but to ensure that we bequeath even greater benefits to our children and grandchildren.

22. Let me assure Nigerians that every possible effort will be made to ensure that we march forward, with a collective resolve to build a Nigeria that can generate greater economic growth, create and sustain new jobs, and secure the future of our children.

23. This Administration will aggressively implement its programme to reposition and strengthen our economy, while paying adequate attention to the immediate needs of our citizens

. 24. I assure you all that we will work towards achieving full domestic refining of petroleum products with the attendant benefits.

25. As I ask for the full understanding of all Nigerians, I also promise that I will keep my word.
26. Thank you. May God bless you; and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR President Federal Republic of Nigeria January 7, 2012

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/subsidy-removal-read-text-of-president-jonathans-broadcast/
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by Nobody: 2:18am On May 14, 2016
Amitex:

you that is more intelligent now and has the brain,where has it taken you to na me and you go stilk dey buy fuel for 145naira dumbo.....gerrraraheeerrre mehn
Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by Pidggin(f): 3:06am On May 14, 2016
dmighty:

Facts:
[/b]Subsidy was N673B in 2010....
Subsidy jumped to N2.19trillion.....How? Explain[b]

Just within 12 months under PMB, efcc has recovered over N600B...Yea!

7 months....

Go school, una no go gree. If oil sells at $110/barrel and we buy at N87 or N97 pump price, do you not know that the government is paying much more to subsidize it for us? Unlike when it is selling for $65/barrel? The higher the price at the world market, the more subsidy is needed to maintain a low pump price

Presently pump price is less than $50/barrel, yet without subsidy we are asked to pay N145/ltr, multiply this by 2, it will be N290/ltr pump price if fuel is sold at $100/barrel(world market price)

Now remove N97 from N290, will be N183, so govt was definitely paying hugely to subsidize our pump price, when it was sold higher at the world market

Simple educated logic will explain this, abeg go sleep

1 Like

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by refreshrate: 3:13am On May 14, 2016
Pidggin:

Go school, una no go gree. If oil sells at $110/barrel and we buy at N87 or N97 pump price, do you not know that the government is paying much more to subsidize it for us? Unlike when it is selling for $65/barrel? The higher the price at the world market, the more subsidy is needed to maintain a low pump price

Presently pump price is less than $50/barrel, yet without subsidy we are asked to pay N145/ltr, multiply this by 2, it will be N290/ltr pump price if fuel is sold at $100/barrel(world market price)

Now remove N97 from N290, will be N183, so govt was definitely paying hugely to subsidize our pump price, when it was sold higher at the world market

Simple educated logic will explain this, abeg go sleep

10000 likes!

Those zombies will not kill someone with moronicness

1 Like

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by dmighty: 9:14am On May 14, 2016
Amitex:

As expected, Disciples of Corruption are here to defend their hero.
Your hero was a fraud, and no amount of noise will change facts.
1. Kachikwu exposed the fraud under your buffoon when he said we were not consuming close to what GEJ admin said we were, can you dispute that?
" “We first went on to the issue of the
subsidies that we inherited which, by the
way, were based on 50 to 55 million litres
consumption, and we said the number looked
bloated. So, we did an experiment and came
to a conclusion that this country doesn’t
consume more than 45 million litres a day."

2. Your hero is a fraud, if you want to know what Kachikwu did to make those refineries functioning little by little...Simple, he got his team to work, not scam.
So, the problems. is you want to allude it to your hero and said NAY....
Why did the refineries remain "shut" for the entire 5 yees of your hero, though we had oil boom? That is what you should ponder upon.

3. I have not given any wrong figures here, and non of you has denied the figure...Under the first year of Jonathan, subsidy jumped to N2.19 trillion.... Defend such please or remained. mute.

4. Stop hero worship. Read facts and get used to reality.
The vice President has answered your question about why the template is N145 but you won't read.
There is nothing much to subsidize now that oil is $40
The issue now is simple....Based on the mismanagement of your hero when we had oil boom, we don't have much in ECA to import fuel and remember your hero squandered the gains that would have been used to revive or build refineries during oil boom.
So removing subsidy now is not a function of high o low price of crude, rather, Nigeria can not afford to meet up with dollar needed to import...This is simple English.
So everyone can now source for their dollar in parallel market, import and make gain, that is why the template reads N135-145.

In it all, if your hero is the one still asking for removal today, we will resist it, because we know he will squander it like he did with Dasuki, Diazeni, exGenerals...
The palliative SureP set up as also proven to be another scam...That's why Baba Kolade resigned.
Thank God we sacked GEJ.
Deal with that, your insults won't change facts of history.

1 Like

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by dmighty: 9:25am On May 14, 2016
Amitex:

Good you have accepted that you are bandying falsehood. Go do your homework before posting trash.

Meanwhile please can you respond to your self contradictory positions between December 2014 and May 2016? Again, do not forget to tell us how Buhari and Kachikwu made refineries to jump-start!!!

For your information, this is a public forum, so when you come here be ready to provide facts. We are all not robots!!! If you do not have concrete evidence, do not come here to write trash. No insult intended, but please go do your self soul searching and stop your misinformation and hatred for Jonathan. Election and campaigns are over. Let Buhari perform rather than this "try your luck" economic masturbation.

So is it difficult to read and understand English Language?
I simply asked you to dispute those figures instead of insults....
Did your hero spend N2.19trillion as subsidy in 2011?
Did your hero lie that we consumed 53M locally as against The lower figure Kachikwu gave?
See, you like corruption, and we don't like it.

1 Like

Re: Thank God We Stopped GEJ Subsidy Removal! by DaBullIT(m): 11:38am On May 14, 2016
#IStandWithBuhari

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

14 Prominent Nigerians Who Opposed Fuel Subsidy Removal In 2012 / Governorship Candidate Finally Dumps PDP For APC / Anambra Targets Top Spot In Rice Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.