Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking (24630 Views)

Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website / Joomla,drupal Or Wordpress Which Do I Use!!! / Drupal Or Joomla Which One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by nazar2010: 5:41am On Oct 01, 2010
Joomla web developers are best at joomla and this web development company is working from past 8 years in the industry. Our programmers are highly experienced and technically skilled in the field of joomla and we are the leaders in joomla for designing best website and development in the world

We are specialized in producing professional websites and works with clients to produce simple stylish and good looking web sites. We create websites that are fast, search engines friendly and easy to manage.

Joomla website developers present you with a website designed to catapult your visitors and produce clients.joomla web developers have a growing customer base spanning across the globe which includes Us, Australia, UK & Europe.

As Joomla development is a outsourcing company we can provide you the best joomla website with low cost, reliability good quality, in one complete package.
Joomla has good and better services that clients can get which are worth to their investments.

The services provided by joomla are:
1. Joomla web design and development
2. Joomla portal development
3. Joomla application development
4. Joomla E commerce solutions.
5. Joomla installation and set up Customizations
6. Joomla web site and maintenance
7. Joomla Redesign Services
8. Joomla custom application and Development.
9. Joomla PHP and MYSQL programmer
10. Joomla cms development

The aim of joomla is to give good advantages to customers like low cost, time technology to focus on the core work area and client can achieve business goals easily.

Please visit us:
http://www.joomla-web-developer.com
http://www.joomla-web-designer.com
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by Viewcaster: 12:12am On Oct 24, 2010
Joomla is very good and probably has the deepest level of support and developers.

I used Elgg for our social networking site ( http://www.viewcaster.net ) and have been
very pleased with its stability and ability to customize, although I believe the learning curve is
probably fairly steep to do much customizing compared with other platforms.
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by lactemps(m): 7:15pm On Jan 01, 2011
Very interesting,
was still looking forward 2 an answer to the original question.
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by ichommy(m): 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2011
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by fastlane7(m): 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2011
As a web developer, I've used all the CMS listed above, and several others. I started www.nigerianworkers.com using Xoops. One of the features I like about Xoops was the videotube modules. For some reason, the owner of the module stopped updating it. You can still see the remnant of xoops on my site here. Xoops isn't bad but the community support isn't as robust as Wordpress, Drupal, or Joomla.

As far as Drupal is concerned, despite its strengths, its learning curve is a bit steep compared to Wordpress or Joomla.

As for Joomla, one thing I don't like about it is the fact that a great number of its modules/extensions are not free.

Elgg isn't bad from a social network perspective. it's the main application that runs nigerianworkers.com. However, they need to come up with a better way to fight spam registration and posting.

I've also used Pligg at www.nigerianewspad.com with no difficulties whatsoever.

In my opinion, Wordpress is the easiest of them. You don't need to be a programmer to have your site up and running within minutes.

In all, it depends on what you want to accomplish on a site because each CMS has its strengths and weaknesses.

If you need any help or tips, you can contact me at nigerianworkers.com. I'll be glad to help my fellow naija.
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by abhishekcis: 8:04am On Feb 17, 2011
Yes as a joomla developer even i'll also prefer Joomla development.
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by yomalex(m): 7:44am On Sep 07, 2011
experts in the house please i need help, i want to use joomla on my site but i want to know if i can install a component on a subdomain. Thanks
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by Orbita: 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2011
Please i need somebody to help me with codes for developing a private and public messages i.e.inbox and posting on the wall with comments in social networking site using php/mysql.Thanks.
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by Mafiagame: 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2011
<a href="http://www.seolance.co.il">קידום אתרים בגוגל</a>
<a href="http://www.seo-champion.co.il">קידום אתרים</a>
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by mrperfect(m): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2011
Joomla
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by yamakuza: 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2011
@yomalex: yes
@orbita: try buddypress or dolphin
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by utubikov: 1:51am On Sep 26, 2011
Re: Joomla, Pligg, Elgg, Drupal Or Xoops & Social Networking by jhonyy: 9:03am On Feb 10, 2015
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
http://www.appdevelopment.com.sg/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Top 5 Nigerian Everyday Websites / Youtuber White Naija Girl Shows Life In Nigeria / Do You Still Use Facebook? Share Your Thoughts!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.