Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises (19611 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls Against US Dollar / Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by JustCurious: 3:58pm On May 14, 2016
Rayhutar:
Good, dancing, shekiti bobo, sai bubu, protest in Ibadan, hunger no dey discriminate grin grin grin grin

But hunger get level nah. This isn't goodnews for all classes, be it low, lower classes. And, to think that some workers haven't been paid 4 months salary? .

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Optofrank: 3:59pm On May 14, 2016
This is what happens when leaders has no direction.

Why will they? Is it not for their own good? Their families n relations are not here. Those that are here has been fixed in CBN and other juicy positions.

Why will they? Where most of the Bureau De Change are being owed and controlled by them. That means more profits... more money.

Next Election I pray we vote wisely....
Dont believe all they say like $1= #1.
Ask questions. Dont be fooled.
Dats why they never wanted to engage in any debate.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by mandax: 4:00pm On May 14, 2016
haibe:
Those of you complaining are just ignorant of simple demand and supply.. wait you guys thought the naira wouldn't depreciate against dollar after FG told fuel importers to source dollar from the parallel market?

"I will make Naira equal to the Dollar."

You forgotten that your father, Buhari tricked Nigerians . Most dishonest leader ever.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by frainc(m): 4:02pm On May 14, 2016
Chrisx1x:
My only prayer now is for buhari to die because i can't wait till 2019 to get rid of him
grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by vRendoh(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy :
LAWYERS EVERYWHERE SOLVING MATHS FINDING NO ANSWER.....
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:06pm On May 14, 2016
hungryboy:
A dollar exchanging for 500naira scenario looking likely.
If this is what change looks like,
I no wan change again,

give me corruption

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 14, 2016
we have to stand and support this regime. Buhari and his advisers know what they are doing. We have to gradually wean ourselves off an import dominated mono-economy. By 2018 the benefits will start to show. Fellow progressives do not let the wailing zombies bamboozle you into abandoning this wonderful road of change we've embarked on

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 14, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Wake me up when its time to eat the rich cool

And they made it easy for us to find them. Banana Island, VGC tinzs grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 14, 2016
kropotkin11:
we have to stand and support this regime. Buhari and his advisers know what they are doing. We have to gradually wean ourselves off an import dominated mono-economy. By 2018 the benefits will start to show. Fellow progressives do not let the wailing zombies bamboozle you into abandoning this wonderful road of change we've embarked on

They can't Brethren.

China was in a worse condition than this just a few years ago and now look at them. You can't spit on the ground in Nigeria without hitting a Chinese product.

General Buhari, thank you Sir, keep on fighting the good fight.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by babestella: 4:15pm On May 14, 2016
At this rate, Zimbabwe and Zimbabweans will be better than Nigeria before the end of this year.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 14, 2016
EgunMogaji:

They can't Brethren.

China was in a worse condition than this just a few years ago and now look at them. You can't spit on the ground in Nigeria without hitting a Chinese product.

General Buhari, thank you Sir, keep on fighting the good fight.
you're correct its time to fall in line and stand strong, not abandoning ship mid-way.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by haibe(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2016
mandax:

"I will make Naira equal to the Dollar."

You forgotten that your father, Buhari tricked Nigerians . Most dishonest leader ever.

Who is my father? So because I am stating a fact, you turned buhari to my father?
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 14, 2016
Chrisx1x:
My only prayer now is for buhari to die because i can't wait till 2019 to get rid of him

Really? Is it that bad?! Waoh! This is appalling!

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by GuDErboY(m): 4:32pm On May 14, 2016
Na Teebillz i dey blame sha
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 14, 2016
viktor01:
And the suffering continues for the innocent but coward masses.
You made the most sense. I believe that for those who lack the will to mount a strong opposition against oppression, suffering is persistent and inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 14, 2016
aluk:

Really? Is it that bad?! Waoh! This is appalling!
If you think it's not that bad, imagine how people that don't have a job in this economy feels . It's appalling like you said, but the bitter truth is that for Nigeria to get any better some have to die.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by EmekaBlue(m): 4:59pm On May 14, 2016
no job..nothing nothing and things gettin worse...hw can hausa enforce this on us..are we Nama abi malu? oh my gosh
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by erico2k2(m): 5:04pm On May 14, 2016
hungryboy:
A dollar exchanging for 500naira scenario looking likely.
If this is what change looks like,
I no wan change again,

give me corruption
We where there last December 500
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by BetaThings: 5:09pm On May 14, 2016
alt3r3g0:
Whats the noise about? Most of us are still cheering the avengers.
What did we expect to happen when the economy is sabotaged?

When Nigerian Army says they have caught some BH members, some call it propaganda
When pipelines are bombed, they cheer

You can be sure that the idea is to angle and pray for serial bad news so that Buhari will be voted out in 2019

And you can see the hypocrisy
People who criticised Jonathan were always accused of being BH sympathisers
Most of the people calling Buhari names today said then that only clueless are led by by a clueless president
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by opribo(m): 5:12pm On May 14, 2016
This govt should at least say something about the recovered Abacha loot, it is appalling that the govt under which Buhari served, he has tactically refused to say a word about the Abacha loot. I will wait and see if he is going to say anything about the stolen money on May 29 before I raise my alarm.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by erico2k2(m): 5:13pm On May 14, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Thank you God.
I still want $1 to skyrocket to 5 thousand naira.

And i also pray that Buhari will rule Nigeria for 100 years.

He's the man for the job
Badt guy
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by erico2k2(m): 5:13pm On May 14, 2016
opribo:
This govt should at least say something about the recovered Abacha loot, it is appalling that the govt under which Buhari served, he has tactically refused to say a word about the Abacha loot. I will wait and see if he is going to say anything about the stolen money on May 29 before I raise my alarm.
Guy U go wait till moses come again be dat Oo

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by BetaThings: 5:14pm On May 14, 2016
haibe:

Who is my father? So because I am stating a fact, you turned buhari to my father?

ignore them
Buhari has a 4-year mandate
By the grace of GOD, he will spend every second of it in office, let the bitter losers take heed
When oil price was $54 per barrel, Jonathan was borrowing to pay salaries - FACT

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by WorkTheTalk(m): 5:14pm On May 14, 2016
No more voting out of sentiment

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by opribo(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2016
BetaThings:

When Nigerian Army says they have caught some BH members, some call it propaganda
When pipelines are bombed, they cheer

You can be sure that the idea is to angle and pray for serial bad news so that Buhari will be voted out in 2019

And you can see the hypocrisy
People who criticised Jonathan were always accused of being BH sympathisers
Most of the people calling Buhari names today said then that only clueless are led by by a clueless president

Is it today we started heRing army capturing, bombing, killing and negotiating with Boko. We have even heard that the army had technically defeated Boko but yet Boko is still as strong as ever maybe even stronger now. So how do you want anybody to celebrate when it has become normal to hear all kinds of stories from govt quarters especially from lying Lai.
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by owagbeba: 5:16pm On May 14, 2016
casket:
As expected...I can't see exchange rate getting any better.
Demand for Dollar will continue to go up while value of our dear naira continue to nose dive...my optimistic mind getting to elastic limit

Before now have the independent oil marketers been sourcing forex from CBN or from the parallel?

I recall CBN wasn't giving them dollars, and they have been sourcing it directly from the parallel markets. Could this dollar rise be as a result of mere speculation, not really a new demand from oil importers?
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by erico2k2(m): 5:35pm On May 14, 2016
BetaThings:

ignore them
Buhari has a 4-year mandate
By the grace of GOD, he will spend every second of it in office, let the bitter losers take heed
When oil price was $54 per barrel, Jonathan was borrowing to pay salaries - FACT
How does this solve the problem at hand? ?
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Lucasbalo(m): 5:45pm On May 14, 2016
EgunMogaji:

And they made it easy for us to find them. Banana Island, VGC tinzs grin
As long as my folks are safe. They make good in Chicago and retired to Nigeria. They are not into politics and they are not proxies for the politicians.
Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by BetaThings: 5:45pm On May 14, 2016
erico2k2:

How does this solve the problem at hand? ?

How does abusing people solve the problem at hand
I did not vote for Jonathan in 2011 but I never wanted him to fail
Because I will suffer if he did

The problem at hand is solved by addressing the root cause
The Naira will continue to fall if ND Avengers continue to bomb facilities, thereby reducing forex inflow and shutting down supplies for local refineries

No force on earth can avert that
We also need to reduce our taste for foreign goods - we print advertisement materials, magazines, annual report etc outside the country
It does not make sense

All the people shouting here, including me, generate zero in forex
Yet we want the naira to appreciate

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by Lucasbalo(m): 5:47pm On May 14, 2016
Zoharariel:
Not Good.
Awujale in waiting, you better convert your Naira to $ so I can invest it for you before your Naira turns to tissue paper. The worthless and greedy rulers of Nigeria are the ones you should be castigating for turning what's suppose to be an Eldorado to a Junkyard and a cesspool of rot and decadence. Your hatred and venom against America is misguided. The ones ruining your future is your leader. America is great and will continue to be great despite your hatred for her. America's symbol is the Eagle and the Eagle will keep on soaring.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by falconxxx(m): 5:48pm On May 14, 2016
yahoo guys will add more fuel to there hard works hehe grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 360 As Dollar Demand Rises by BetaThings: 5:49pm On May 14, 2016
opribo:

Is it today we started heRing army capturing, bombing, killing and negotiating with Boko. We have even heard that the army had technically defeated Boko but yet Boko is still as strong as ever maybe even stronger now. So how do you want anybody to celebrate when it has become normal to hear all kinds of stories from govt quarters especially from lying Lai.

Boko Haram is not stronger
People are going to church and mosque again in Borno

America has not achieved zero Taliban bombing in Afghanistan
A lot of places are mined in Sambisa - soldiers cannot just march in

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Guts Abuja Farmers Market (Photos) / MTN Appoints Yolanda Cuba As Chief Digital And Fintech Officer / Anthony Stimler Turns On Colleagues In Massive Africa Bribe Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.