Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

If Someone Just Joined The Internet, What Websites Would You Recommend To Him? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If Someone Just Joined The Internet, What Websites Would You Recommend To Him? (437 Views)

Australian Police Python Photo Breaks The Internet / Photonews: SS/SE MEETING; Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, Joined His Co / I Just Joined Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Someone Just Joined The Internet, What Websites Would You Recommend To Him? by Politicalidiot: 10:38am On May 14, 2016
In 2015, I was a Speaker at an event organised for students by the Anglican Church in Onitsha, Anambra State. My Speech was on the "Impact of Technology on Education". The speech was well received and when I was done, I was beset by questions from the mostly secondary school students. I was most astonished that there were students in that place who had never USED the Internet before !!!! In 2015

I have also met a lady and the only site she knew was Naij.com and Facebook.com becus she browses with a java phone. cheesy lol. Its so easy to take the internet for granted but lots of people do not even have such opportunity. I for one discovered the Internet in 2009 and I was so astonished that words can describe. Even our dear Nairaland was discovered in 2012!!!!

So this morning, let us create our own Nairaland's Guide To The Nigerian Internet. What sites would you recommend to an Internet Newbie and why?
Re: If Someone Just Joined The Internet, What Websites Would You Recommend To Him? by Politicalidiot: 12:47pm On May 14, 2016
Okk. let's begin

Tech;
1. Nairaland.com/programming ( really helpful if thou wants to learn code)
2. Techcabal.com (hardly updated with interesting stuff but sometimes a marvel)
3.Tech point.ng ( really interesting to read on a weekday)
4. Radar.techcabal.com (the most interesting technical forum on the Nigerian internet. Seriously)
5. News.ycombinator.com (the best aggregator of foreign tech news on the planet).

Politics:
1.Nairaland.com/politics (the best goes in here but they will eat you raw)
2. Channels.tv (these guys are good but too much video.)
3. Omojuwa.com (hardworking blogger but too APC winged)

add yours......

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad Ali Passes Away Aged 74 / Aluu New Motto / UNICEF - 32,000 Children Risk Death In Jigawa Over Malnutrition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.