Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Mohammadu Buhari, A Reason For Regret - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammadu Buhari, A Reason For Regret (674 Views)

Not IBB, Nor OBJ… Meet The Men Who Will Deny Buhari A 2nd Term By Mayowa Tijani / President Mohammadu Buhari Is Using Made In Nigeria Drug-lai Mohammed / Checkout This New Picture Of Mohammadu Buhari's Economy I Saw On Facebook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mohammadu Buhari, A Reason For Regret by ayokellany: 8:30pm On May 14, 2016
To the APC supporters that are still hell bent on supporting Buhari unconditionally no matter how nonchalant or clueless he is about the plight of average Nigerians i urge you all to reconsider. The change we laboured and campaigned for both financially mentally and physically is about to be sabotaged by the man we all repose our trust in.

Now if Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn and we never went through the kind of hardship and deprivation we are going through under this change regime. What exactly is Buhari who met the foreign reserve at $30bn, oil price at $40 and foreign debt of about $8bn complaining about ?

For those of us with insight we all can see Nigeria's economy now is not as battered or distressed as it was in 1999 when Obasanjo took over. Why is the hardship in the land so much like never witnessed before ? What exactly is this complain about Jonathan ruining the country ?

In as much as Jonathan Ebele remain a colossal failure at governing Nigeria, Buhari, APC and their supporters should understand Jonathan Ebele will not be the yardstick to judge Buhari's competence and performance. Someome should explain that to Lai Mohammed, no amount of billions will make Jonathan Ebele the yardstick for good governance.

On a personal note I have long given up on the reasons why I supported Buhari in the last election but I do encourage those with the will to hope that the several blunder, indecision and outright insensitivity this government as exhibited will in the end lead to a better Nigeria but it must be noted at this junction that Mohammadu Buhari is an epitome of embarrassment to Lilly livered supporters such as myself.

To the strong willed change supporter it is time one stop supporting this government blindly. We are all black "Arabs excluded" and never in the history of any black president as the welfare of the masses been paramount to the rulers we've had. Mohammadu Buhari will NEVER give the masses the change we all desire except he is forced to. To those that will argue in favour of subsidy and Buhari's defence please be sure to be knowledgeable enough to explain why Yardua was rather able to reduce pump price instead of increasing.

1 Like

Re: Mohammadu Buhari, A Reason For Regret by mrvitalis(m): 8:44pm On May 14, 2016
If u want to compare please do it fairly

The demand for dollar in Nigeria has sky rocketed due to less manufacturering in Nigeria
It's people like u that called ABA fake ans buy Chinese goods

Well believe me there is little magic anybody can do to our economy apart from what Buhari is doing

This is basic economics the dmand for dollar is there and was meet by oil sales
But now oil sale have droped and demand is still the same... U should know price ( in this case exchange rate) go up

The president said if u want this dollar to do something that will make us import less.... We will sale at 199/$ for u... . If not we are not selling to u go and by from anywhere

So where is Buhari wrong in this
Re: Mohammadu Buhari, A Reason For Regret by rexbuton: 11:24am On Mar 19, 2017
"myopic and lazy reasoning all through"... rings a bell?

(1) (Reply)

Shame On Shell: Ecocide By Oil Extraction In The Niger Delta / Sheriff Apologises To Aggrieved PDP Stakeholders / Northern Youths Pray To Allah To Destroy Buhari’s Government(video + Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.