Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested (19384 Views)

Avengers Return, Vow To Continue Pipeline Bombing / Exercise Crocodile Smile In Rivers, Army Kills 5 Militants & Arrest 23 / We Won’t Stop Pipeline Bombing - Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Islie: 7:11am On May 15, 2016
From Paul Osuyi, Asaba and Emma Ogoigbe , Warri

OPERATIVES of the Joint Military Taskforce (JTF) have arrested five suspected militants for allegedly bombing a Chevron Nigeria Limited crude oil pipeline at Makaraba community in Gbaramatu Kingdom, Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State.

The suspected militants had reportedly blown up the pipeline at two different locations, though it was not clear if it was a pipeline or an oil well that was bombed as fire billowed from the location in the swampy terrain, near Abiteye. The daring attack occurred near the same Valve Platform which the emergent militant group, Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) had bombed earlier in the year. Members of the NDA did not however claim responsibility for the latest attack, but a dependable security source said those arrested are members of the group.

The source said: “I cannot give you details of the suspects arrested; they were arrested by the military men, who have been on the hunt for members of the NDA which claimed responsibility for series of explosions on oil facilities in the area of late.”The source added that “loud explosive bang was heard at the facility and it appears dynamites were used to carry out the attack.”It is not certain if there are causalities as a result of the incident, but investigations into the attack are still ongoing, while security operatives continue their search for the perpetrators of this ugly act.”

On Thursday, NDA warned it would attack the headquarters of CNL in Lagos and tank farm if it did not abort its planned repair works on the Valve Platform earlier destroyed by the group. Spokesperson for the group, Mudoch Agbinibo stated that the group which had restricted itself to only pipeline attacks, might take human casualties if the company thought it was joking and defies the warning by going ahead to effect repairs on the damaged facility.

http://sunnewsonline.com/pipeline-bombing-5-suspected-militants-arrested/
Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Nobody: 7:14am On May 15, 2016
Great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by TippyTop(m): 7:16am On May 15, 2016
Busy arresting pipeline vandals while the real militants are probably planning another attack.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by ba7man(m): 7:19am On May 15, 2016
They should come to Lagos so that they'll be a good excuse to finally declare all out war against them and their tiny kingdoms.

When their homes are destroyed and they're crawling through the creeks with no permanent homes like gutter rats, I'm sure they'll be like....... "what were we thinking "?

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:19am On May 15, 2016
It is a pity that some of our misguided brothers refused to heed to wise counsel from Gbaramatu Elders, Ijaw youth Council and Tompolo.

May Army fish them out

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by likata: 7:24am On May 15, 2016
nice one by the NA
but be vigilant cause there will definitely be more bombing of other pipes

4 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:24am On May 15, 2016
ba7man:
They should come to Lagos so that they'll be a good excuse to finally declare all out war against them and their tiny kingdoms.

When their homes are destroyed and they're crawling through the creeks with no permanent homes like gutter rats, I'm sure they'll be like....... "what were we thinking "?
Nobody is blowing facilities in Lagos, forget their empty chest beating. They only blew pipelines in their backyard but can't go beyond. Have you heard of any attack in Rivers state?

so stop looking for opportunity to run down Niger Delta and Ijaw land. we are not at war with anybody.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by amtaken(f): 7:25am On May 15, 2016
I hope they are not arresting boys randomly. I know why I am saying this. The over-zealous soldiers should not arrest bad/tough looking boys and term them militants.

Don't make arrests and accusations based on mere speculation and suspicion.

I rest my case.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Nobody: 7:34am On May 15, 2016
Show us there pictures please.
Government of lies!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by ba7man(m): 7:34am On May 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Nobody is blowing facilities in Lagos, forget their empty chest beating. They only blew pipelines in their backyard but can't go beyond. Have you heard of any attack in Rivers state?

so stop looking for opportunity to run down Niger Delta and Ijaw land. we are not at war with anybody.
Thats what you think. How many think like you?

6 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by babdap: 7:36am On May 15, 2016
Arrest them all.
Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by fastguy10: 7:39am On May 15, 2016
Arrested indeed

Pls free the innocent people

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by okosodo: 7:40am On May 15, 2016
Nigerian army can not arrest the militants without a fight
Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by focus7: 7:42am On May 15, 2016
This is General President Muhammed Buhari regime, not some clueless phd mumu. Niger Deltan should go and gather more militant, Buhari is waiting.

16 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by incomintop: 7:43am On May 15, 2016
They have started again just wasting time arresting youth of the town, the main militants are in Abuja eating and drinking with Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Nsonso: 7:43am On May 15, 2016
No doubt the innocent ones will pay for this (pipeline vandalism), typical of Nigeria Security forces.

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by idensko(m): 7:44am On May 15, 2016
Dre is Something dis government does not understand,

Even if u gather all ND and bombed them,

As long as u don't address d main cause of d agitation more Militants will take up ARMS.

IT STARTED FRM SARO WIWA, u killed him, did it stop? NO

DOKUBO, Tompolo, BOY loaf, U Payed them, even sponsored some overseas, nd still yet neglected d over all cause of agitation, did STOP? NO

MEND ALSO Henry okah is presently incarcerated in SA, did it stop? NO

NOW NIGER DELTA DEFENDERS, by d time u Finished with them without addressing d issue on ground, u re only buying time for another insurgency.

And 4 some of u who has not been 2 d CREEK,

CREEK is not like SAMBISA forest, no country has in d world has ever won a guerilla warfare against its occupants

Even d Almighty US couldn't do itin Asia

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by idensko(m): 7:48am On May 15, 2016
ba7man:

Abeg who will declare d all out war?

Is it the black yam waste eating mofos or what.

Oga is like u hv not encountered this guyns.

Wallahi u will run AWOLOWO grave if u c dem, I.e if there is any grave at all.

4 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by ba7man(m): 7:53am On May 15, 2016
idensko:

Abeg who will declare d all out war?

Is it the black yam waste eating mofos or what.

Oga is like u hv not encountered this guyns.

Wallahi u will run AWOLOWO grave if u c dem, I.e if there is any grave at all.
This is not GEJ's administration that's scared of confronting them.

Boko Haram had better guns gotten from the Libyan war and they still got kicked.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by bewla(m): 7:55am On May 15, 2016
TippyTop:
Busy arresting pipeline vandals while the real militants are probably planning another attack.
i site u but do u no d real once

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Realist5: 8:03am On May 15, 2016
Accidental Arrest.

They have arrested innocent people.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Beehshorp(m): 8:05am On May 15, 2016
They done start with this dia useless suspicions and wrong arrests.. By the tym NDA launches another attack now una head go format... Buhari dey form hitler abi commando if u like no carry dis people go round table...
Person no get sense and he no go want take advice

7 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Nobody: 8:06am On May 15, 2016
Pix or ..................
Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by ZUBY77(m): 8:07am On May 15, 2016
And so what?
How does that solve anything?
Saro Wiwa was killed.
Henry Oka jailed.
Did any of that stop pipeline bombing?

The moment you sit down and think of how to solve the problem permanently, you will benefit more.

Yaradua figured out that since Nigeria makes over 40 billion dollars from oil, what's the big deal in giving Militants 250 million dollars to secure the pipelines from themselves..

Didn't it work?
At the same time, he sent them out to be trained with skills. Jonathan came and continued this programme.
Then Buhari came and tagged them 5%, promising on live TV that he won't do much for them.

What's the result?
You can arrest the entire village, trust me, it solves nothing.

After arresting and killing the Boko Haram founder, what happened? Did Boko Haram end?
After killing Osama Bin Laden, did AlQaeda end?

11 Likes

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Francisnil: 8:08am On May 15, 2016
gisthit:
Nice one

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by BizBayo: 8:08am On May 15, 2016
So they want to come to Lagos. I guess they are tired of life.
Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Dottore: 8:08am On May 15, 2016
[size=15pt]We are praying for peace to reign but all I have been seeing is the rain of piss piss everywhere[/size]
Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by opedaydydx9(m): 8:08am On May 15, 2016
TippyTop:
vandals and militants..... Our Nigerian mentality tho. It's OK to vandalize pipelines buh not OK to bomb pipelines... This mentality sucks, I prescribe arresting any form of social unrest

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by appini: 8:10am On May 15, 2016
On Wednesday is going to be a total blackout. Watch and see
Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Deen77: 8:11am On May 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

They are not through ND, every tribes have criminal among them.
Re: Pipeline Bombing: 5 Militants Arrested by Elan83(m): 8:12am On May 15, 2016
5 inocent guys arrest by d zoo terrorist jtf

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo: PDP In A Hurry To Resume Looting – Okorocha / Suspected Ambazonia Fighters Sack Manga Taraba, 5 Killed, Many Missing / "We Are Not Slaves" -Coca-Cola Pay Nigerian Day-Workers $2.60 Per Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.