Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Help Me Understand The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Me Understand The Bible (2311 Views)

Help Me Understand And Explain This Dream Please / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / Help Me Understand This Subject (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 7:12am On May 15, 2016
kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by amtaken(f): 7:22am On May 15, 2016
I pray you receive the Holy Ghost so that He will interpret the word of God to you.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by ValentineMary(m): 7:53am On May 15, 2016
This just goes to show that the bible was written by some primitive who had no knowledge of logic and science. Sorry to break it to u but d bible is fake, so is God

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 7:58am On May 15, 2016
Resurgence:

In Genesis 3:2-4

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,
3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

first question; Does this mean that God lied about eve dying? Does that mean God justifies lying in other to achieve ones goal? If this is so that is to say there are many other lies God has told in the Bible or please explain.
You answer for yourself..Now that ur eyes are open bcus adam and eve ate from the tree of d knowledge of good and evil, do people die or not? God planned that they live forever in case u don't know. That's why d 2nd adam came (Jesus) to make u get dat everlasting life that you lost to d 1st adam. They disobeyed a direct order and they surely died. You their seed too inherited the nature of sin and death that d fruit gave them. So God did not lie

Resurgence:

In Genesis 3:8-10

"Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden
9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

Note here here that God walking in the garden, does this mean that God moves for one place to the other and he is not everywhere at everytime ? also for them to have hidden and God calling out that where are you meant that God is not at all place at all time else there won't have being a need to hid in the garden.
Psalm 139:7-12
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea.

Jeremiah 23:23-24
"Am I a God who is near," declares the LORD, "And not a God far off? "Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?" declares the LORD "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the LORD.

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Watching the evil and the good.

2 Chronicles 16:9
"For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. You have acted foolishly in this. Indeed, from now on you will surely have wars."

Resurgence:
Genesis 3:11-13

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”
12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

what I'm very much curious about is how come God is asking all this questions, isn't he supposed to be the all knowing?
Apart from being all knowing (omniscient), he's also omnipotent right? The question you shd have asked urself is if God is omnipotent, if he has d power and authority to do and undo all things, why has he not forced me and others to give our lives to christ by force, why has he not punished me with chicken pox for flaunting all my body contour that's supposed to be for my husband alone or why has he not cut off my pennis that I've been using to masturrbate and fornicate, why is he being a gentleman in his appoach towards me, an ordinary creation of his hands.

If you can find the answer to those questions, I believe the answer to why God ask questons wouldn't be farfetched. Believe it or not, nothing changes the fact that God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by dragonEmperor(f): 8:15am On May 15, 2016
ValentineMary:
This just goes to show that the bible was written by some primitive who had no knowledge of logic and science. Sorry to break it to u but d bible is fake, so is God

OP, this ^ is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by tripplephi: 8:29am On May 15, 2016
To understand clearly the answer you seek... You may need a Hebrew/greek Bible. The old testament was written in Hebrew but the new testament was written in Greek. Once you understand that inference then we can start your help you on this matter. First let's deal with the concept of lying.

GOD DOES NOT AND CAN NOT LIE. IF HE LIES IT BECOMES TRUTH.

WHEN GOD ASKS A QUESTION HE IS NOT SEEKING ANSWERS BUT RATHER THAT YOU KNOW THE ANSWER YOURSELF.

now let's begin

In the Hebrew context Death or Dying meant SEPARATION FROM GOD. infact that's why there is a place for the damned called Hell. On the cross Jesus could not die until God forsook him. Lols so Satan the serpent twisted it by telling her that they would not die instantly because the lies of Satan are not 100% but simply incomplete truth. Spiritual death is actually what occurred 1st cos Physical death was not possible until they ate the fruit... And the tree of life was the actual tree that would make them eternal and live forever... So God kept them away from that tree... Eden was in the presence of God and not a physical location... The book of revelation proves that. Now when God came to the garden they heard his voice (sound) and tried to hide... God knew where they were and that's why he asked Adam.. Adam needed to know where he was... We never see a place where it's written that God found Adam. Rather he asked questions even after Adam told he he was hiding... There is no where we can run from his presence.

Now we see that when God was talking to Adam he also spoke to eve and the serpent all at the same time.... Would you now say that the serpent was hiding with eve and Adam? "lols... He was everywhere ND he spoke to all who were concerned at once without moving from place to place. And mind you it was his voice they heard. God is not a voice but he has a voice... Jesus is the voice of God... Now let's break it even further... Early in Genesis we read that the Holy Ghost moved over the whole earth... We never see till today where he stopped moving.... Hence the spirit of God is everywhere. And spirit in the Hebrew is called wind. So everywhere there is wind on the earth the spirit is there.

God gave us the gift of choice o hence we are free and he won't stop our choice because our choice can only ruin us but not his plans. He wanted man to eat of the tree of Knowledge but not at that time. The concept of temptation is when the devil makes you do today what you should do in future... God planted the garden and said all in it was given for food for man... He only instructed because of time and season... Man was supposed to eat first of the tree of life before knowledge... Then man would be like God... Because God's life didn't come about through knowledge. Once you have the right life then you can control any knowledge. But if you get knowledge prematurely and you want life.. The life will always be colored by the knowledge hence they would have been eternally sinners without hope of salvation just like lucifer.

For example our system. In this world has certain age for driving yet before that age many kids have mastered the concept of driving but do not have the life to maintain it... So it's illegal at that age. The same age limit goes for both good and bad things... Sex, drinking, smoking, flying a plane, University, etc hence They are called minors. Not because of Knowledge but because of responsibility. I hope that analogy is clear.

Even when you have kids and they do something wrong you still ask then why they did it even tho you already know why... It's communication and love. It's only in Africa we just flog without wanting to hear the child out. Yet God didn't only curse Adam... He cursed the ground.... Cain willfully made a choice to farm on the cursed ground and that's how he also got into trouble. Yet God didn't stop him from tilling the ground... You see God allows our choice. God didn't lie... He can't... Am not defending God.... But let's look at Jesus... He was told Lazarus was sick and he said his sickness wouldn't end in death... Only for four days later Lazarus had died... Probably if I was a disciple I would have left the ministry of Jesus but then I would be the liar cos eventually he woke Lazarus up from the grave and that was the end of the story so ultimately he said the truth that Lazarus sickness wouldn't end in death .... The question you ought to ask is Did Adam and eve eventually die... YES EMPHATICALLY YES THEY DID.... SO GOD DIDN'T LIE. IT WAS JUST NOT AN INSTANT PHYSICAL DEATH. And remember lucifer was cast out of heaven for the very same reason he tempted eve and Adam. He wanted to be like God. Lolssss and finally the Bible says Adam was not deceived to eat the fruit... It was eve that was decieved and till today women are easily decieved. I hope with all I have typed you are no longer decieved to think God can lie... Cos he can't. Bless ya

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 8:45am On May 15, 2016
tripplephi:
To understand clearly the answer you seek... You may need a Hebrew/greek Bible. The old testament was written in Hebrew but the new testament was written in Greek. Once you understand that inference then we can start your help you on this matter. First let's deal with the concept of lying.

GOD DOES NOT AND CAN NOT LIE. IF HE LIES IT BECOMES TRUTH.

WHEN GOD ASKS A QUESTION HE IS NOT SEEKING ANSWERS BUT RATHER THAT YOU KNOW THE ANSWER YOURSELF.

I specifically ask that what ever answer given to my questions be backed up by logic.

You tell me that one can lie and change the lie to truth.
Please spare me such, tell that to the Sunday school children in your church. kiss

For those that intend to respond to this, please do not come to me with these kind of answers.

I require only answers with logic. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 8:58am On May 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Apart from being all knowing (omniscient), he's also omnipotent right? The question you shd have asked urself is if God is omnipotent, if he has d power and authority to do and undo all things, why has he not forced me and others to give our lives to christ

If you can find the answer to those questions, I believe the answer to why God ask questons wouldn't be farfetched. Believe it or not, nothing changes the fact that God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

Of course I pondered on the questions before, that was what marked my study into sciences like geography and biology, including some physics.

I did reach a conclusion that there is no god. And the Bible is written by primitive men. Who didn't understand how the world came about. It was their own philosophy that there had to be a creator. And the Bible is full of so many flaws. I only pointed out a few.
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by ValentineMary(m): 9:00am On May 15, 2016
amtaken:
I pray you receive the Holy Ghost so that He will interpret the word of God to you.

Is that all u can say to defend ur unquestionable book

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 9:10am On May 15, 2016
Resurgence:

Of course I pondered on the questions before, that was what marked my study into sciences like geography and biology, including some physics.

I did reach a conclusion that there is no god. And the Bible is written by primitive men. Who didn't understand how the world came about. It was their own philosophy that there had to be a creator. And the Bible is full of so many flaws. I only pointed out a few.
Lol. You're so lucky God is not a man. If he was you probably won't make heaven. Sometimes its better not to have access to knowledge. You've had the knowledge of physics and geography now and u think the best way to use that knowledge is to counter the creator of ur brain. Funny

Perhaps God shd make u mad like nebchadnezzar for just 5day (not 7yrs) within your community and experience the stigma that ur knowledge of biology and physics would not be able to save you from
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by amtaken(f): 9:19am On May 15, 2016
May God have mercy on your soul.

ValentineMary:

Is that all u can say to defend ur unquestionable book
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by ValentineMary(m): 9:45am On May 15, 2016
amtaken:
May God have mercy on your soul.

The same way his mercy was bestowed on that young girl who was stoned to death because she did not marry a virgin as written in some mosaic law. F*ck his mercy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by ValentineMary(m): 9:46am On May 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Lol. You're so lucky God is not a man. If he was you probably won't make heaven. Sometimes its better not to have access to knowledge. You've had the knowledge of physics and geography now and u think the best way to use that knowledge is to counter the creator of ur brain. Funny

Perhaps God shd make u mad like nebchadnezzar for just 5day (not 7yrs) within your community and experience the stigma that ur knowledge of biology and physics would not be able to save you from

Do u have any idea how foolish u sound

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Breakdbond: 11:23am On May 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

@bold, please if u never attended any school..u can be pardoned for that statement..otherwise u r worse than mythical devil...how dare u enjoy d benefit of science/knowledge such as the phone and internet you are using and condemn someone who wants to know, acquire knowledge?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 11:35am On May 15, 2016
ValentineMary:

Do u have any idea how foolish u sound
Really? I sound like but I'm not.

You think you're wise? You're actually an incredibly big fool!

See for yourself below

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 11:39am On May 15, 2016
Breakdbond:

@bold, please if u never attended any school..u can be pardoned for that statement..otherwise u r worse than mythical devil...how dare u enjoy d benefit of science/knowledge such as the phone and internet you are using and condemn someone who wants to know, acquire knowledge?
Is it english you don't understand or u skipped comprehension class in school. I said "sometimes" not always. And my words were pertinent to the post I quoted. Acquiring knowledge isn't bad when its used to worship d almighty. Not all those who have knowledge are worthy to have it. So next time try to comprehend what you read b4 u let out d diarrhoea
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Breakdbond: 12:02pm On May 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Is it english you don't understand or u skipped comprehension class in school. I said "sometimes" not always. And my words were pertinent to the post I quoted. Acquiring knowledge isn't bad when its used to worship d almighty. Not all those who have knowledge are worthy to have it. So next time try to comprehend what you read b4 u let out d diarrhoea
‘sometimes‘ you deny acquiring knowledge? are you mentally ill? you so called almighty is a myth...if you restrain knowing more for whatsoever reason, then the world will never get to where it is today. The OP is trying to know more about your comic book called the bible and you are sounding hurt...lemme tell you, the TRUTH fears no scrutiny

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 15, 2016
Breakdbond:

‘sometimes‘ you deny acquiring knowledge? are you mentally ill? you so called almighty is a myth...if you restrain knowing more for whatsoever reason, then the world will never get to where it is today. The OP is trying to know more about your comic book called the bible and you are sounding hurt...lemme tell you, the TRUTH fears no scrutiny
Perhaps its you who's hurt and mentally derailed.

Believe it or not fool

[size=15pt]Jesus is the way the truth and the life..john14:6[/size]

Your lame disbelief does not change the truth
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Breakdbond: 12:15pm On May 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Perhaps its you who's hurt and mentally derailed.

Believe it or not fool

[size=15pt]Jesus is the way the truth and the life..john14:6[/size]

Your lame disbelief does not change the truth

believe it or not retard, SALAIBRUTYNUSS is the way the truth and life, give your life to him or you rot in everlasting boiling oil....fratulatth 33 verses 11-12

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 15, 2016
Breakdbond:

believe it or not retard, SALAIBRUTYNUSS is the way the truth and life, give your life to him or you rot in everlasting boiling oil....fratulatth 33 verses 11-12
Hehehe. Ur religion is such a big shame to human existence. What's even d name of d religion?
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Breakdbond: 12:20pm On May 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Hehehe. Ur religion is such a big shame to human existence. What's even d name of d religion?
lol funny you, now you think am at your retard3d level
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 15, 2016
Breakdbond:

lol funny you, now you think am in your retarded level
Are u ashamed of the name of your religion?
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Breakdbond: 12:25pm On May 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Are u ashamed of the name of your religion?
knew you were never smart all along....just confirmed it
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 15, 2016
Breakdbond:

knew you were never smart all along....just confirmed it

LMAO. I can't stop laughing. grin
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 15, 2016
This wasn't supposed to turn out like this

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by mickey226(m): 12:46pm On May 15, 2016
Until you understand that there is a limit to logic, you will continue to seek answers to questions that are beyond human comprehension, believe in God or not doesn't diminish or elevate him, if u don't he'll raise stones to do that, that for you is the undiluted truth

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by mickey226(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2016
If you want to study the bible, do that with an open mind, you could also make do with different versions and ask the Holy spirit to help you understand what is written, don't just read because you want to sight a 'flaw' and counter it.
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 15, 2016
mickey226:
If you want to study the bible, do that with an open mind, you could also make do with different versions and ask the Holy spirit to help you understand what is written, don't just read because you want to sight a 'flaw' and counter it.

I was with an open mind, trying to understand the origin of man. I got the available books I could lay my hands on about evolution and so did I get Bible and Quran to study creation.

If you say I should not try to notice the flaws, that will be narrow mindedness, I did question evolution too, thanks the internet. I found answers to some of my questions.

Same way I questioned evolutionary theory, I questioned the Bible and the Quran.

But all I get from creationist is very poor and disappointing.

You cannot say I haven't been open minded enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by ValentineMary(m): 1:40pm On May 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Really? I sound like but I'm not.

You think you're wise? You're actually an incredibly big fool!

See for yourself below
Keep the book for ur fellow deluded friend. U honestly want me to follow a book that allows abortion, rape, killing, etc I would rather read all the rules on commenting in this forum.
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by mickey226(m): 2:04pm On May 15, 2016
Resurgence:

I was with an open mind, trying to understand the origin of man. I got the available books I could lay my hands on about evolution and so did I get Bible and Quran to study creation.

If you say I should not try to notice the flaws, that will be narrow mindedness, I did question evolution too, thanks the internet. I found answers to some of my questions.

Same way I questioned evolutionary theory, I questioned the Bible and the Quran.

But all I get from creationist is very poor and disappointing.

You cannot say I haven't been open minded enough.

Has there been any book that gave detailed explaination about the origin of man? Any without any atom of doubt in it or line which will not bring about debate? The bible was not meant for us to use as a tool with which to prove existence or evolution, everything recorded in it is to tell us who God is, how to know what he wants from us and so on. Hence, the need for us to ask for grace to understand (that is what i meant by openmindedness here not head knowledge )
I'm not saying you shouldn't seek knowledge but sis, people have delved into this before and they all keep beating about d bush, all I want to tell you is when you allow God, he will open your eyes to that which you really need to know and which will be helpful to you
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 15, 2016
mickey226:

Has there been any book that gave detailed explaination about the origin of man? Any without any atom of doubt in it or line which will not bring about debate? The bible was not meant for us to use as a tool with which to prove existence or evolution, everything recorded in it is to tell us who God is, how to know what he wants from us and so on. Hence, the need for us to ask for grace to understand (that is what i meant by openmindedness here not head knowledge )
I'm not saying you shouldn't seek knowledge but sis, people have delved into this before and they all keep beating about d bush, all I want to tell you is when you allow God, he will open your eyes to that which you really need to know and which will be helpful to you

It's pointless discussing with you. Like I said before you sound narrow minded. But all the best.
Re: Help Me Understand The Bible by mickey226(m): 3:27pm On May 15, 2016
Resurgence:

It's pointless discussing with you. Like I said before you sound narrow minded. But all the best.
All u keep saying is 'narrow minded' while u'v already blocked ur mind and concluded within u as can be seen in one of ur comments 'that there is no God'. I see no reason why u should then open the thread in d first place, truth is there are those that believe in him and that is what has been keeping us going, you want me to tell u want u want to hear not what u need to know, anyway keep searching for your answers. Happy searching, but know ye that in all it's 'openmindedness' a limit has been placed on science and that's why your kind will keep seeking answers where there are none.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cherubim And Seraphim Baba Aladura Laid To Rest Today / The Canaanites Survived. Lebanese Have Over 90% Of Their Dna. Science 1 Bible 0 / Pastor Kumuyi's Wife Has Slept In The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.