Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy (737 Views)

Buhari Receiving Cheers From Motorists On Fuel Queue In Kaduna (photo) / Fatima Ganduje Rants On Fuel Scarcity (Photo) / Buhari Reacts To Military Jet Strike On Civilian Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by kacglobal: 10:15am On May 15, 2016
THE POINTLESS PROTEST AND STRIKE ON FUEL SUBSIDY

The removal of the fuel subsidy is not coming to me as a surprise as the decision should have been done some months back.The government tried to salvage the situation but to no avial.I laughed out loud when i hear people comparing the GEJ led government and the PMB lead government on the issue of fuel subsidy.Here are some facts

1.Johnathan sold oil at the highest prices ever recorded by any president at over a 100 dollars per barrel.Nigeria was making money what excuse does he have not to pay fuel subsidy?.Nigerians had every right to protest and occupy the streets

2.Obasanjo left over 64 billion dollars in our external reserve but Johnathan and his co hurts wasted half of the money and still embezzled all the money made from selling crude oil during his tenure diverted to private pockets and elections and even embezzled the looted Abacha funds.

3.Too many criticisms on the war on corruption the PMB lead government met an empty and looted treasury .The country is broke.Oil prices has gone down .We have gone to china to borrow some money to diversify the economy .if you are a right thinking person will you use a loan to pay subsidy ? .Where looters will divert it to their private pockets and import nothing?

4. More than 20 states in the country are owing salaries with no means to pay them.

5.Take a trip to warri,portharcourt and kaduna refineries most people think refineries are just located under one roof ?Calculate how long it will take to repair each of them

6.The most annoying part of the story the militants keep blowing up oil facilities that has been repaired with money.If you were to be in Pmb's shoes will u keep spending money on wastage?

Nigerians are the most gullible people on this planet .Transferring aggression on the government at this point won't solve the matter.Jerry Rollings of Ghana went after the right people
Who are the cabbals ? no name has been mentioned to this moment

Why don't we occupy their house and offices of those so called cabbals in protest for dragging our beloved country back.We sit back and expect the government to do everything for us.

Am not done yet.The British Pm who called Nigeria as been fantastically corrupt but he has forgotten they kept stolen money and traded with it for years which translates to aiding and abetting in the face of the law does that make them clean?

Until Africa learns to be independent and not running to those who are actually bringing Africa down for help.

Read a book by Walter Rodey on How Europe Under developed Africa then you would understand. The author was killed in a car bomb.Google is our friend read the book is online

cool Drops mic runs out of nairaland (before ipod youths come for me) grin tongue
: Mynd44, OAM4J

5 Likes

Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 10:29am On May 15, 2016
looks like you just came here to attack good luck.

so your president didn't know all these when he was promising us heaven and earth

instead of ranting like a deranged lunatic on drugs, how about you start looking for a solution for your direction lacking life.

zombie.

5 Likes

Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by Lordave: 10:32am On May 15, 2016
EroticAngelina:

so your president didn't know all these when he was promising us heaven and earth

instead of ranting like a deranged lunatic on drugs, how about you start looking for a solution for your direction lacking life.

zombie.
EroBabe, is that you or am I dreaming?

When did you buy Wialers form? shocked

1 Like

Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by Lordave: 10:38am On May 15, 2016
Look at what PMD has caused. angry

Every Tom, Amu and Harry is now a guru in national matters dishing out 1Kobo worth of piffles as intellectual national advice.

1 Like

Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by otukpo(f): 10:40am On May 15, 2016
This govt is fraud.

Kachukwu said oil sector has been deregulated. that means fuel subsidy has been removed.

Osinbajo on the other hand said that fuel subsidy has not been removed, that it was only the prize of fuel that was increased.

That means even when we are buying fuel at a prize higher than market prize, the govt will still defraud Nigerians in trillions of dollars in the name of integrity.

So much for a govt that claims to be fighting corruption.
Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by Heterodox(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2016
EroticAngelina:

zombie.
Long time I have seen you here
Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by Heterodox(m): 10:49am On May 15, 2016
otukpo:
This govt is fraud.

Kachukwu said oil sector has been deregulated. that means fuel subsidy has been removed.

Osinbajo on the other hand said that fuel subsidy has not been removed, that it was only the prize of fuel that was increased.

That means even when we are buying fuel at a prize higher than market prize, the govt will still defraud Nigerians in trillions of dollars in the name of integrity.

So much for a govt that claims to be fighting corruption.
Nice line of thoughts
Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by reyscrub(m): 10:59am On May 15, 2016
No even run at all bros. 100% with gf I take support ur view. I be civil servant, honestly I don't support NLC & the rest in their plan protest or strike. They should have seek members opinion b4 their action.

If na GEJ won plan to remove penny from subsidy, I fit burn his ashole, but whatever PMB plan to do I swear I wholely give him my 100% support. It is all about transparency of his personality.

Some of developed western nation we desire today have gone through their tough time b4 they get it right.

Fuel subsidy is a scam and financial drain from public tax to the minor cabal. I bliv dat if gov do it like network provider case where regulation is only provided, fuel marketer would operate and struggle with market forces of consumer affordable price to ensure dat they break marging within d market.

Nigeria fuel marketers, under the umbrella of fuel subsidy, have been operating like government civil servant and not factory workers and you know the ideology of that expression is unproductive.

Let them be left on their buy and sell syndrome if they will not beg consumer to buy their product with even after sales service provided for motorist. They will even go as far as doing fuel promo, regular promo, car washing promo, cleaning service etc just like Nigeria GSM network provider. Have u ever heard dat NITEL did any promo and other community services? Capital NO and No.

Let us allow government to hands off from some issues of capital drain project like power sector, fuel subsidy etc to the operators but provide regulations to protect the consumer right.

Soon we shall celebrate our clean society.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by Luckylife(m): 11:08am On May 15, 2016
Zombies are highly frustrated because they voted him to create heaven on it for them forgetting he never believe in heaven.
Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by Abagworo(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2016
There is no Dollar to even buy fuel. The last administration destroyed Nigeria in order to make taking off difficult for Buhari and are busy sponsoring groups to disrupt governance. I still trust and believe in Buhari's subsidy removal and we must all rally behind him. I equally supported subsidy removal under Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2016
Susidy is dusted and gone for good. NLC and TUC should better proest for increment in their salary and immediate payment of backlogs owned by state government.

Protest against fuel subsidy remover is dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by LoveMachine(m): 11:42am On May 15, 2016
Op you mentioned Walter Rodney. That should be compulsory reading for every black person on earth. That is a major step in countering miseducation. You're good money in my book.

1 Like

Re: Before The Pointless Protest And Strike On Fuel Subsidy by Captain6(m): 1:32pm On May 17, 2016
EroticAngelina:

zombie.
Babe I log in to nairaland every time,just to see your pretty face

(1) (Reply)

National Convention: PDP Will Emerge Stronger - Wike / EFCC Detaining Fani-kayode After Meeting Bail Conditions. / Between Ayuba Wabba And Joe Ajaero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.