Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) (43400 Views)

Boss Mustapha: Profile Of The Secretary To Government Of The Federation (SGF) / Buhari Sends Letter Of Condolence To Sule Lamido Over His Daughter' Death (READ) / President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Monimatic(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2016
I fully endorse this strike, at least for 2 weeks.
Man must rest for some days abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by kushma(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2016
That's good
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Phrankin(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:
I am a Civil Servant and I do not endorse going on an indefinite strike because of the removal of subsidy.
If the strike is for an increment in minimum wage then I would endorse.
Na because you never buy car? undecided undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by damola311: 5:08pm On May 15, 2016
oh boy see spelling of "indefinate"

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by sunnymaja(m): 5:08pm On May 15, 2016
Some powerful cabal have started sponsoring the strike so that they can continue getting free money in the name of subsidy. May the Lord converts their evil plan to naught

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by excess4luv: 5:08pm On May 15, 2016
watching in 3D
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by kimond101: 5:09pm On May 15, 2016
Phrankin:

I never told you I was poor.
And I do have a car so please stop assuming.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by ajayiopy: 5:09pm On May 15, 2016
There is no need for letter, please try to involve every sector most especially Banks

4 Likes

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by nairalandbuzz(m): 5:09pm On May 15, 2016
Indefinate indeed... Dem no fit spell simple grammar
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by ALAYORMII: 5:10pm On May 15, 2016
Bunch of crooks and never do wells
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by IrradiatoR: 5:11pm On May 15, 2016
rattlesnake:
is that how they spell indefinite

I wonder o, check out the other part of the title:

MASS PROTEST ACTION AGAINST INCREASE IN PMS PRODUCT

but the increase is in the PRICE and not PRODUCT

could this be fake

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by omenka(m): 5:11pm On May 15, 2016
verifielive:
The Nigerian Labour congress is set to embark on a nationwide strike on Wednesday the 18th 2016 over the recent hike in petrol price/removal of fuel subsidy. Below is a letter they sent to all government agencies urging the government employees to follow their directive.

http://dumebiifeanyi.com/nlc-sends-letter-government-agencies-shutdown-wednesday-18th/

The letter was probably written by a jobless stark illiterate.

The terrible spelling renders it null and void. grin

2 Likes

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by eightsin(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2016
Nonsense. Why did they not start on Monday

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by firstolalekan(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2016
ejibaba:
I am some what worried about the strike action. This will cripple the sick economy and a day or two shut down is not in the interest of the country at all. But fact be stated nothing like subsidy again just that we are now as Nigerians required to pay for the cost of non-availability of dollars to oil marketers. My query then is the amount is too much, however, deregualtion i support. God help us
I no go happen.
God forbid bad thing
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by viktor01(m): 5:13pm On May 15, 2016
The toothless dog barking again ...

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Mayflowa(m): 5:14pm On May 15, 2016
NLC is a joke. They are doing this to fulfil all righteousness. To make the people feel they are working!

Subsidy removal is the best thing that can ever happen to Nigeria. I only feel sad because, we should have gone through that phase as a nation in 2012 but Buhari, APC and others fought hard against it. Maybe by now, private refineries would have been competing in Nigeria.

How can govt pay for the daily fuel consumption and illegalities of over 180 millions Nigerians. Do NLC knows how much that Is in a day. We virtually drink fuel in this country because to power anywhere.

How can govt raise money to build roads, provide power, water, health and school? Do we want to spend all our collective wealth on fuel alone?
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 15, 2016
One dollar should also equal to one naira.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 15, 2016
ejibaba:
I am some what worried about the strike action. This will cripple the sick economy and a day or two shut down is not in the interest of the country at all. But fact be stated nothing like subsidy again just that we are now as Nigerians required to pay for the cost of non-availability of dollars to oil marketers. My query then is the amount is too much, however, deregualtion i support. God help us

[b]I think you got it wrong.. there is subsidy...
The vp confirmed it.
The naira was only devalued to N285 to accomodate marketers get dollars not just from cbn"whom is fast running out", but from the open market.. the issue at hand is, govt only assumed 285, knowing fully well that its 345.. so that competition bull crap and market force down is total rubbish. Because how do you get the dollar at 285 to arrive at a retail cost of 145?

If fully deregulated.. the price of petrol would sky rocket.

Bottomline - we still pay subsidy, we are only running out of dollars, thats all..

Solution : kick off all sorts of refinery in the country both local and non local (checkmate the quality though) but license them.

- that is the only way to force down the price faster. Because we cant control the crude oil market.

- if i go to nipco filling station to get fuel at N50 because they dont have to ship and all its protocols and the fuel was certified okay by nnpc... those importing would be forced to open local refiniries.. because they can't compete with their 145 from importing..

My 2 cents

[/b]

4 Likes

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by mediachirps(m): 5:16pm On May 15, 2016
kimond101:
I am a Civil Servant and I do not endorse going on an indefinite strike because of the removal of subsidy.
If the strike is for an increment in minimum wage then I would endorse.
but you did supported the last one?
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by firstolalekan(m): 5:16pm On May 15, 2016
Akinz0126:
I concour.If the federal government must proceed with its price,They should better implement the #56,000 minimum wage.come to think of it that 18k is no longer sustainable and now there's an hike in fuel price.

#TeamImplement56knewMinimuMWageNow#
Even if fg agrees to pay the 56k, how many private establishment can follow suit?
Maby graduates are still payed below 30k
There won't be any balance and we'd have the worst inflation in history....

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by kulex2k1(m): 5:16pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=pendusky post=45647553]But wait Oooh!

Where was NLC all this while, was thinking they were APC and pro Buhari coz this strike is long overdue!

But why e come happen when I dey Leave

Hope they will count it out for me

grin

God punish all the Morons that protested against GEJ in 2012 and now telling us Buhari is on the right track in 2016

grin
[/quote

Bros e pain me sef when i just dey start my leave for monday...
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Mayflowa(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2016
Phrankin:

That I'd the very reason why govt should not pay for your fuel for the car. If u fit buy car u go fit buy fuel. Naija sef? Insurance who na nor do, driver licence na fake, wetin u go con.pay for on the car na?
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by saintmark88(m): 5:19pm On May 15, 2016
fransixe:
NLC. ..please don't fight for us better suspend your strike. Cus by the time they call you for dialogue, na your pocket u go fight for. After all we've been suffering this hike ever since in the east and its environs.....nothing una do....

Must everything b bout d east, u guys tlk like other regions are living n absolute comfort, n only d east is suffering, any li2 tin u cry marginalization, it's crazy........
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by kimond101: 5:19pm On May 15, 2016
mediachirps:
but you did supported the last one?

You need to stop assuming.I don't like the increment but I agree with the removal of subsidy.

Yes it's quite a big pain buying PMS at 145naira but what is the point of queueing with ones productive manhours and at the end of the day the oil marketers would be getting free money from the government.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by ajebuter(f): 5:20pm On May 15, 2016
FagsamPHP:
The thunder that will Fire MUMUhamdu Dullard Buhari & his cabinets members is still doing press up!!!!!!!!!

Bros, the thunder don do press up finish, it is now jogging to Aso Rock and Apo Villa grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by oloriooko(m): 5:21pm On May 15, 2016
NLC should negotiate with FG first before embarking on indefinite strike
They should engage dialogue not shut down the country just in a bid to make statement
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 15, 2016
chikel2000:
Dis country self, how can I get visa to iraq?

Go join IS.. If u add another IS Na u sabi. Stay home and fight d enemies of dis nation.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by mandax: 5:24pm On May 15, 2016
Let. NLC force Buhari's resignation, before Buhari wrecks more havoc on Nigeria.

Buhari's only interest appears to be traveling all over the world shaking hands with leaders. He seems to want to enjoy the Ajalla travel which he couldn't enjoy as military HoS, that's all his business.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by YoungExec: 5:25pm On May 15, 2016
Why go on strike to defend subsidy that benefits the corrupt cabals with very huge payments? Why not demand an increase in Minimum Wage?
Once again the poor masses will be galvanized to go out and fight for the interests of the criminal cabal by demanding that subsidy be reinstated.
Did they call NLC when they were getting paid billions in subsidy payments?
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by Ola17: 5:25pm On May 15, 2016
You guys shouldn't try Baba's tolerance o. He's already shown some dictatorial tendencies willingness to dialogue with Shites and Igbos.
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by FagsamPHP(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2016
ajebuter:

Bros, the thunder don do press up finish, it is now jogging to Aso Rock and Apo Villa grin grin grin

Lmao
Re: NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) by pendusky(m): 5:28pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=kulex2k1 post=45647902][/quote]
grin
we are wearing the same shoes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Has This To Say About Lawal Daura's Sack Today / Trump's Acquittal: Femi Fani-Kayode FFK Reacts / Yenogoa: Obidients Rally For Peter Obi In Bayelsa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.