Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,575 members, 7,955,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

PDP Breaks Into Two Factions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Breaks Into Two Factions (31633 Views)

PDP Breaks INTO Inec's Voter's Register Wit D Hep Of Austin Okojie,replaces Nam / Fayose At Esuru To Reconcile PDP Factions (Photos) / APC Now Has Two Factions —timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Mosseuirdoctore(m): 4:42pm On May 15, 2016
Main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party has broken into factions, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.

Already, 12 of its former governors and no fewer than 14 former ministers are leading a breakaway group, which is labelled, Concerned PDP Stakeholders Steering Committee.

The 57-man committee, named in Abuja on Saturday, is expected to take over the running of the party from May 21, when the tenure of the current members of the National Working Committee of the party comes to end.

Already, the NWC members led by the party’s National Chairman, Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff, are planning for the national convention scheduled to take place in Port Harcourt on Saturday.

The party is expected to elect new national officers at the convention.

The former governors, who have formed the breakaway group are Lucky Igbinedion (Edo), Bonnie Haruna (Adamawa), Ibrahim Shema (Katsina), Donald Duke (Cross River), Attahiru Bafarawa (Sokoto), Mahmood Shinkafi (Zamfara), Abdulkaldir Kure (Niger), Mohammed Makarfi (Kaduna), Achike Udenwa (Imo), Babangida Aliyu (Niger) Okwesilieze Nwodo (Anambra) and Gbenga Daniel (Ogun).

They have been joined by 14 former ministers who served under the PDP-led Federal Government when the party formed the government at the centre.

The former ministers are Prof. Tunde Adeniran (Education), Inna Ciroma (Women Affairs), Adamu Maina Waziri (Police Affairs), Prof.Jerry Gana (Information), Dr. Abubakar Suleiman (National Planning), Tanimu Turaki (Special Duties), Ishola Sarafa (Solid Minirals), Zainab Maina (Women Affairs), Joseph Anenin (Women Affairs), Ojo Maduekwe (Transportation), Prof. ABC Nwosu (Health), Dubem Onyia (Foreign Affairs), Bala Mohammed (FCT) and John Odey (Environment).

However, it was gathered that the list was still being complied and that more big wigs in the party were planning to identify with the group, which is working to stop Sheriff from emerging as the national chairman of the party on May 21.

Among those who have joined the former governors and former ministers are Sen. Ibrahim Mantu, Amb. Nkoyo Toyo, Shehu Gabam, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, Rabi Ibrahim, Mairo Habib, Amb. Wilberforce Juta, Ibrahim Bunu, Sen. Joseph Akaagerger, Sen. Zigo Azeez, Sen. Ben Obi, Mrs. Remi Adiukwu and Sen. Ben Obi.

Also on the list are Dr. Bolere Ketebu, Prof. Sam Oyovbaire, Sen. Florence Ita-Giwa, Shittu Mohammed Kabiru, John Dara, Sen. Folashade Grace Bent, Awwal Tukur, Dr. Doyin Okupe, Dr. Patrick Okomiso, Sen. Anietie Okon, Alh. Aminu Yakudima and Mr. Nichola Msheliza.

Okupe, a former presidential spokesperson, told our correspondent on Saturday in Abuja, that the group would elect its officers next week.

He also said that the time and period of its inauguration would be determined during the week.

“The group would meet and elect its officers next week. We are serious about recovering the party from the grip of the few,” he added.

However, Sheriff had said that members of the group were “free to leave,” alleging that they never contributed to the success of the party in the first place.

He accused them of contributing to the deluge of problems facing the party now, adding that if they had worked assiduously with others in the past, perhaps, the party would not have lost power in 2015.

Sheriff, who spoke through his media aide, Inuwa Bwala, said, “Certain faceless groups have come up with different gimmicks trying to divert attention from the effects of what they did in the past leading to the squandering of the fortunes of the party, or to distract the attention of the chairman from pursuing very lofty and laudable programmes for the repositioning of the PDP or even just to cause mischief.

“Unfortunately, among such groups are self-styled elders and stakeholders led by Prof. Gana.

“I have seen him sweating on television, playing with language but at the end of the day saying nothing.

“I want to specifically say we kept sealed lips about some of the activities of this man believing that we could still find a rendezvous at which we could work together for the progress of the PDP.

“I must say, and there are witnesses, that this is one character that attempts to play role in every government since the time of the military.”

Bwala added that given his recent action, “It was glaring that Gana would not add value to the repositioning of the PDP.”.

http://punchng.com/pdp-breaks-two-factions/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by modath(f): 4:47pm On May 15, 2016
I'm no fan but the breakaway faction are just wasting their time..... Where were they when their party couldn't pay their secretariat staff's salary?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/pdp-to-reduce-staff-strength-salaries-allowances-by-50/

Fayose & others have already shopped for money long Ali Shekau, and ensured a hostile takeover... cheesy

They should name their new party a-PDP , Aggrieved Peoples Dejected Party... May God forgive Mo.. cheesy cheesy

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Kyase(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2016
Nothing concern me sha

7 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by lekposh(m): 4:53pm On May 15, 2016
I'm getting there... one day I'd make the FTC grin
Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Mynd44: 4:55pm On May 15, 2016
While I am not shocked to see Gbenga Daniel's name there since you will always see him wherr there is commotion amd silliness, I am surprised to see Donald Duke's name there; he is too Behind for this na.

As for Ciroma(mrs) Jerry Gana and the likes, they are just hugry and want a piece of a no longer existing pie, they should lock up and join hands to build their party and stop acting like agbayas.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by omenka(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2016
Bwahahahaha!!! And some nincompoops were busy praying their god destroys Buhari and APC in Shakau Shekarau's house. grin

God has indeed answered their prayers. cheesy

Tonyebarcanista, how market? cheesy

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Mynd44: 4:58pm On May 15, 2016
modath:
I'm no fan but the breakaway faction are just wasting their time..... Where were they when their party couldn't pay their secretariat staff's salary?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/pdp-to-reduce-staff-strength-salaries-allowances-by-50/

Fayose & others have already shopped for money long Ali Shekau, and ensured a hostile takeover... cheesy

They should name their new party a-PDP , Aggrieved Peoples Dejected Party... May God forgive Mo.. cheesy cheesy
Abi oooo. That former governor of Ogun (with running nose every time) is also there flexing non-existing muscles.

When the party was going under, they were quiet ooo.

Wait though, Deji Deyanju does not support Fayose, does this mean he is with this group or he will go form his own?

13 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by omenka(m): 5:00pm On May 15, 2016
Think I need a cold beer and a good roasted fish to digest this lovely news this lovely sunday evening. grin

Who's coming with me?

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Mynd44: 5:01pm On May 15, 2016
In true crazy Nigerian politician fashion, the next thing will be for political office holders to decamp

2 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Reminez(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2016
The real owners of the nest of killers ( PDP ) are back to reclaim what is theirs . The pretenders to the throne a.k.a gullibos from red mudded land are for the uptenth time about to be handed the short end of the stick in their self proclaimed pseudo ibo party . What a shame !!!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Reminez(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:
Think I need a cold bear and a good roasted fish to digest this lovely news this lovely sunday evening. grin

Who's coming with me?
My two hands in the air !!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by omenka(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2016
On the day of the national convention, I suggest that the participants be housed in a bomb proof enclosure because I know some delegates would carry with them bombs and all sort of dangerous weapons. We want the public to be insulated from the immediate collateral effect of their war election. grin

Like someone said, the national convention is going to be the burial ceremony of the once "greatest party" in Africa. cheesy

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by omenka(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2016
Reminez:

My two hands in the air !!
Oya na. Make I locate one make sense garden for Asokoro den I go buzz you. grin

7 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by modath(f): 5:08pm On May 15, 2016
Mynd44:

Abi oooo. That former governor of Ogun (with running nose every time) is also there flexing non-existing muscles.

When the party was going under, they were quiet ooo.

Wait though, Deji Deyanju does not support Fayose, does this mean he is with this group or he will go form his own?

My bloda, na so we see am.... Baba Babatope who has never been known to have anything positive to his name too join dem...

Grace Bent whose only qualification for a Senate seat is who she is married to....Donald Duke own, i sincerely don't understand, he should quit active politics and just be an objective critic of government policies.....

BTW, why are party people allergic to paying dues to finance party activities? Once nothing is coming in from the centre, things fall apart..... If they had been well grounded due paying members, Fayose & co wouldn't have sold them to a money long who has delusions of grandeur of being president simply because he is friends with two presidents..

6 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Reminez(m): 5:10pm On May 15, 2016
Anything that makes the hate filled souls perpetually bitter is a welcome development as far as am concerned. Death to PDP and everything the nest of killers stands for .

24 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:
Bwahahahaha!!! And some nincompoops were busy praying their god destroys Buhari and APC in Shakau Shekarau's house. grin

Boss this is a very dicey issue. I remain neutral for now

6 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Rose2014: 5:12pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:

Eiyaa the only thing to help u ease off is usually about GEJ and PDP
Once it's APC threads n their campaign promises, zombies battery will just die cheesy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Reminez(m): 5:13pm On May 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Lol . You for dey acidic or alkaline before nah.
The MVPs of the poverty developing entity you represent have spoken . There is nothing all those neophytes and light weight looters you lately propagate as the new face of the nest of killers (PDP ) all over nairaland will or can do about it .
The real owners of the party are back.
Lastly , I'm looking forward to reading your epistle on how the 'yoots' are now at the zenith of affairs of your doomed party.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by modath(f): 5:13pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:
Think I need a cold bear and a good roasted fish to digest this lovely news this lovely sunday evening. grin

Who's coming with me?

Holla at one of your numerous "loves" tongue here, I'm sure one would happily take you up on your offer & try not to look away for a second , otherwise, a squirt of cyanide would find its way into ya drink!!! cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Reminez(m): 5:13pm On May 15, 2016
Rose2014:
I know it is really hard for you now . sorry !!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by omenka(m): 5:15pm On May 15, 2016
Rose2014:

[s]Today, i want to take time and thank GOD for making Buhari the president of this country.

At first, I did not understand why GOD allowed it to happen. But now I know and I HAVE SEEN THE BENEFIT.

This is how I understand the benefit.

Had it been Buhari did not become president:

1. We will think that by now fuel will be #45 per litre.

2. We will think that by now #1 will be equal to $1.

3. We will think that by now three million jobs would have been created.

4. We will think that by now unemployed youths would have been receiving #5,000.00 stipends.

5. We will think that by now pupils would have been getting at least a meal(including fruits) in school.

6. We will think that by now Buhari would have made his assets and liabilities public.

7. We will think that by now 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state) would have been created.

8. We will think that by now there would be permanent peace in the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia.

9. We will think that by now the government would have started creating additional middle-class of at least two million new home owners in the first year in government and one million annually thereafter.

10. We will think that by now maternal and children healthcare services would be free.

The list is almost endless...
#Copied[/s]
Seen. Thank you for your amebo.

Who send you message?

Face topic and face front. grin

#StillOnTheMatter. cheesy

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Rose2014: 5:16pm On May 15, 2016
Eiyaa zombies get to post again today cheesy

The last time they had something to celebrate was budget signing
Budget signing is their achievement after one year

*Sipping my zobo*

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Mynd44: 5:17pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

My bloda, na so we see am.... Baba Babatope who has never been known to have anything positive to his name too join dem...

Grace Bent whose only qualification for a Senate seat is who she is married to....Donald Duke own, i sincerely don't understand, he should quit active politics and just be an objective critic of government policies.....

BTW, why are party people allergic to paying dues to finance party activities? Once nothing is coming in from the centre, things fall apart..... If they had been well grounded due paying members, Fayose & co wouldn't have sold them to a money long who has delusions of grandeur of being president simply because he is friends with two presidents..
I went through the list again and saw our uncle Doyin (formerly) Okupe's name on the register. These people to shameless.

It is not even up to a week ago since he was postrating for the hill top chief and blowing kisses as though he is homosexual.

I just wish Donald Duke had stayed out cos this won't end well………or quickly

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by DaBullIT(m): 5:17pm On May 15, 2016
tonyebarcanista , Which of the factions dey pay you for now ?

Abi which person side you dey ?

grin grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Rose2014: 5:17pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:
Seen. Thank you for your amebo.

Who send you message?

Face topic and face front. grin

#StillOnTheMatter. cheesy

APC till 2023
Any post to distract the masses from their sufferhead cheesy cheesy
One tomato is N100 as I type. Dollar climbing to 1000

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Rose2014: 5:17pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:

Who's coming with me?

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing to agree.

Anything contrary wont be far from zombiesm which has kept us where we are today

4 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by omenka(m): 5:17pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

Holla at one of your numerous "loves" tongue here, I'm sure one would happily take you up on your offer & try not to look away for a second , otherwise, a squirt of cyanide would find its way into ya drink!!! cheesy cheesy
You are absolutely right!! Such perilous times we live in- one shouldn't let their guard down for a split moment lest one regrets till eternity. grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:20pm On May 15, 2016
omenka:
On the day of the national convention, I suggest that the participants be housed in a bomb proof enclosure because I know some delegates would carry with them bombs and all sort of dangerous weapons. We want the public to be insulated from the immediate collateral effect of their war election. grin

Like someone said, the national convention is going to be the burial ceremony of the once "greatest party" in Africa. cheesy
Make una de happy...

1 Like

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by Mynd44: 5:20pm On May 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

See these guys are clowns. Forget the beef with Fayose over Lere, go with him.

Anywhere you see Doyin (formerly) Okupe, dont stay especially if Gbenga Daniel is there with him. Recipe for disaster toh badt

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by omenka(m): 5:21pm On May 15, 2016
Rose2014:

APC n yahoo

Any post to distract the masses from their sufferhead cheesy cheesy

One tomato is N100 as I type
Caution: any further attempt to derail the thread might result in a ban as prescribed by Rule 1.

Be guided. gringrin

11 Likes

Re: PDP Breaks Into Two Factions by modath(f): 5:21pm On May 15, 2016
Mynd44:

I went through the list again and saw our uncle Doyin (formerly) Okupe's name on the register. These people to shameless.

It is not even up to a week ago since he was postrating for the hill top chief and blowing kisses as though he is homosexual.

I just wish Donald Duke had stayed out cos this won't end well………or quickly

I'm still wondering why any of them think they have any relevance, Deji Adeyanju will go with the Fayose faction, dem nor born am well to go with aPDP, that's political suicide..

NL's resident neutral/Pseudo analyst must go with the "Local Ekiti Politician", none of dem get any shoosh!!

BTW, Shekarau don cast!! grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele / Kogi Guber: Gov. Adeleke Leads 120-Member Campaign Team For Melaye(pics) / Jonathan Trekkers Arrive Otuoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.