Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? (23551 Views)

How Lucrative Is Environmental Resources Management In Nigeria? / How Lucrative Is Nursing As A Career? / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by ogawisdom(m): 8:36am On May 16, 2016
Saao:
Hi everyone
Please I need your advice regarding environmental toxicology. How lucrative and practicable is the course in Nigeria?

No course is lucrative in Nigeria of today, everyone is crying BC of unemployment. Wat is lucrative is ur connection, entrepreneurship ingenuity, farming or any self employment

Am sorry for u if u r reading this course or any course only to seek paid employment.
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by ZoggingMaster: 8:52am On May 16, 2016
Sir, you don't need long leg if your passion is alive. I've seen orphans who became more successful than Governor's children because they pursued what they had passion for. Also, the idea of working anywhere is for médiocres and can only be discouraged by purpose-driven persons. The world is full of ideas now that can drive you through your passion. Put money first and you'll limit yourself for life but let your passion be forward and you'll find yourself on the international scene... Nigerians are already doing the unthinkable. Stop associating with mediocres.

Kaira333:
Its very easy to say but when d reality comes omo u are on ur own. I can't advise someone to do dat course in Nigeria unless he or she has long legs.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by jbkomo(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2016
Study it. U have gud opportunity in d south east wit d recent rating
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by SummerT(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2016
Am a graduate of Environmental Management and Toxicology from FUNAAB. The course is a hot cake and highly rewarding.... You can get job in the following areas; Oil and Gas, WHO, NESREA, NOSDRA, DPR, Health Institutions, Academic Institutions, Ministry of Environment etc.. Above all, pray and get reasonable connection to make your dream come to reality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by Kaira333: 10:34am On May 16, 2016
ZoggingMaster:
Sir, you don't need long leg if your passion is alive. I've seen orphans who became more successful than Governor's children because they pursued what they had passion for. Also, the idea of working anywhere is for médiocres and can only be discouraged by purpose-driven persons. The world is full of ideas now that can drive you through your passion. Put money first and you'll limit yourself for life but let your passion be forward and you'll find yourself on the international scene... Nigerians are already doing the unthinkable. Stop associating with mediocres.Orphans dat are more successful than Governor child, example please, When giving d example, put in consideration d time and efforts it will take any orphan to be more successful than a governor's child. Bros please be realistic, forget theories be practical for once.

Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by delightangel(f): 11:04am On May 16, 2016
Saao:
I think I like that idea but do we have any Nigeria university offering general toxicology? Thanks

UNN former Deputy vice chancellor is a toxicologist. Check his profile.Prof. Peter Nwangwu
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by ZoggingMaster: 11:08am On May 16, 2016
Pls quote properly... Separate your comment from mine then I can respond. [quote author=Kaira333 post=45666590][/quote]
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by Natascha(f): 11:55am On May 16, 2016
Hey, Yes! Im an Evironmental Manager, and Environmental Science is hot right now and will remain hot in the future.

I specialize in Waste Management, and with all the problems we have locally and internationaly ; Environmental Pollution and Monitoring, Climate Change, Mine Acid Leaks; Marine and Coastal Pollution; Green House Gas Emissions; Water Care and Sanitation; environmental issues are at the forefront

You cant even start a project- wheter it be oil/gas/solar/wind, if you dont have Environmental Authorization! And then there is all the do's and the do nots when you want to close it.... all the environental impact assesments, environmental management plans.... method statements, emergency plan
..... etc etc etc

You can start off with a BSc in Environmental Science or related field. And then you can do MSc in ur field of specialization : Renewable Energy; HydroGeology; Freshwater Ecosystems, Etc

Yes, theres plenty of money and joy in an environmental career

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by Kaira333: 1:07pm On May 16, 2016
ZoggingMaster:
Pls quote properly... Separate your comment from mine then I can respond.
. I won't because I don't need ur response
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by ZoggingMaster: 1:22pm On May 16, 2016
Not for me to respond but it's just unethical for you to lump your words inside mine...
Kaira333:
. I won't because I don't need ur response
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by lawala: 3:15pm On May 16, 2016
Environmental Management and Toxicology (EMT)is very lucrative
I actually studied same course and I know what I am talking about. This is a course that it multi discipline. You will learn a bit of almost everything while you still concentrate on your course of study.
You can work anywhere be it medical, banking, engineering, HSE, Lecturing, etc

As I speak now I have rose to the position of Deputy Operations Manager in my company all due to the fact that I studied EMT

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by Saao(m): 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
Nice career
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by Saao(m): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Did any Nigeria university offer a program as General toxicology?
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by dacillin: 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
Natascha:
Hey, Yes! Im an Evironmental Manager, and Environmental Science is hot right now and will remain hot in the future.

I specialize in Waste Management, and with all the problems we have locally and internationaly ; Environmental Pollution and Monitoring, Climate Change, Mine Acid Leaks; Marine and Coastal Pollution; Green House Gas Emissions; Water Care and Sanitation; environmental issues are at the forefront

You cant even start a project- wheter it be oil/gas/solar/wind, if you dont have Environmental Authorization! And then there is all the do's and the do nots when you want to close it.... all the environental impact assesments, environmental management plans.... method statements, emergency plan
..... etc etc etc

You can start off with a BSc in Environmental Science or related field. And then you can do MSc in ur field of specialization : Renewable Energy; HydroGeology; Freshwater Ecosystems, Etc

Yes, theres plenty of money and joy in an environmental career

I'm dacillin by name, a M.sc holder in environmental biology from University of Ibadan. I will like if you would assist me in area of jobs. I can be reach via email: dacillin@gmail.com. I will be expecting your reply. Thank you.
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by Pauloi123: 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
Am currently studying environmental managemet and toxicology,@ FUNAAB....but with all what have heard so far..am feeling kinda discouraged��
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by nlPoster: 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by moshuur(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2020
[quote author=lawala post=45675055]Environmental Management and Toxicology (EMT)is very lucrative
I actually studied same course and I know what I am talking about. This is a course that it multi discipline. You will learn a bit of almost everything while you still concentrate on your course of study.
You can work anywhere be it medical, banking, engineering, HSE, Lecturing, etc

As I speak now I have rose to the position of Deputy Operations Manager in my company all due to the fact that I
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by moshuur(m): 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
[quote author=Saao post=45659777]Hi everyone
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by ugohdignity111(m): 7:41am On Oct 08, 2020
Wanna know whether it is possible for somebody that studied zoology and environmental biology during his bsc be able to do this environmental toxicology during his masters......How possible is it?
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by oluwatobi01(m): 6:57am On Oct 09, 2020
In Unilag, it's called Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management (MSc) and it is under faculty of natural sciences.

Candidates with the following disciplines are consider for adm there

Biochem
Microbiology
Environmental biology
Zoology
Botany
EMT
Soil Science etcetera....In a nut shell, it may be possible in other schools.

Regards.
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by moshuur(m): 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2020
oluwatobi01:

In Unilag, it's called Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management (MSc) and it is under faculty of natural sciences.

Candidates with the following disciplines are consider for adm there

Biochem
Microbiology
Environmental biology
Zoology
Botany
EMT
Soil Science etcetera....In a nut shell, it may be possible in other schools.

Regards.
how lucrative is d course....
can dey work in companies??
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by omigyman(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
ugohdignity111:
Wanna know whether it is possible for somebody that studied zoology and environmental biology during his bsc be able to do this environmental toxicology during his masters......How possible is it?
Very possible
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by moshuur(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
omigyman:

Very possible
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by omigyman(m): 10:40pm On Mar 26, 2021
moshuur:

sir how lucrative is environmental toxicology....can u recommend d course??

The potential for environmental management and Toxicology EMT is boundless, there are a lot of jobs out their like Consultancy for EIA, EAR and this documents are statutory before the commencement of nay construction.
The world is gearing towards a greener environment, so there are lots of grants and support for research that are environmentally inclined.
The potential for the course is limitless
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by moshuur(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2021
omigyman:

The potential for environmental management and Toxicology EMT is boundless, there are a lot of jobs out their like Consultancy for EIA, EAR and this documents are statutory before the commencement of nay construction.
The world is gearing towards a greener environment, so there are lots of grants and support for research that are environmentally inclined.
The potential for the course is limitless
Thank u sir....
Re: How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? by Ubongdemaga: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
I'm planning to take this course in national open university of Nigeria. Please ur opinion please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Ghanaian Nurses Sacked For Ignoring Patients To Have A Facebook Live Session / Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers / Hilary Kelechi Madu Appointed NSCDC Acting Commandant-General As Gana Bows Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.