Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

God’s Strength In Our Weaknesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God’s Strength In Our Weaknesses (499 Views)

10 Bible Quotes For Love, Hope And Strength / Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! / Learn To Overcome Your Weaknesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God’s Strength In Our Weaknesses by yommyuk: 6:58am On May 16, 2016
There are many theories available out there on how to turn our weaknesses into strength. Weakness is seen as a negative attribute in human terms. Our drive to be the best or, at the very least, “meeting up with the Jones” becomes a rat race we try to win at all cost. Nobody wants to be a loser. To the carnal mind, this is a fact, but to the spiritual mind, the devil is a lair. Through God, dramatic changes can occur in our lives, but when this happens, credit must be given to whom it is due, GOD.

The other side of the coin is that God can put things in a believer’s life to keep him/her grounded(centred) on divine power (not on self). He used this to get rid of pride (which he hates anyway), making us totally dependent on his mercy and grace.
We can trust this statement because of the apostle Paul’s credentials in hardship: He had been imprisoned, beaten, shipwrecked, and persecuted. Moreover, he struggled continually with a personal ailment, which he referred to as his “thorn in the flesh” (2 Cor. 12:7).

Isaiah 40:28-31
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like

Re: God’s Strength In Our Weaknesses by ifenes(m): 12:02pm On May 16, 2016
You quoted from the Old testament and new testament. Both books have different philosophies,both books have different authors who both copied their version from different books. Both have thousands of years between them. Not good enough OP.

It is like merging all the good quotes in the world and saying they belonged to one person. I could merge the quotes of Mandela,Fela and Bob Marley in one book and say they were from 2pac.

You can quote from your parents and still make more sense.

3 Likes

Re: God’s Strength In Our Weaknesses by Donvilo(m): 3:15pm On May 16, 2016
True O.P. Not these days that most people have flung anything that is related to humility out of the window all in the name of "standing up for your rights"
Re: God’s Strength In Our Weaknesses by yommyuk: 6:52pm On May 16, 2016
ifenes:
You quoted from the Old testament and new testament. Both books have different philosophies,both books have different authors who both copied their version from different books. Both have thousands of years between them. Not good enough OP.

It is like merging all the good quotes in the world and saying they belonged to one person. I could merge the quotes of Mandela,Fela and Bob Marley in one book and say they were from 2pac.

You can quote from your parents and still make more sense.

grin cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Let There Be Peace / Your Suffering has Come, But to Pass! / U Need To See This Video! Before They Remove It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.