Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Festival Of Prostitutes... Business In Festac - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Festival Of Prostitutes... Business In Festac (2291 Views)

Female Kidnapper Caught In Festac, Lagos, Stripped By Mob (Photos) / Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos / Increasing Influx Of Prostitutes Worry Asaba Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festival Of Prostitutes... Business In Festac by ekoconnect: 9:10am On May 16, 2016
Festac town, a residential area originally referred to as Festival town or Festac village, located along the Lagos – Badagry Expressway in Lagos.

A recent investigation by Naij.com showed that the town is fast becoming a haven for sex workers with the highest congregation of sex workers in a brothel found near the bridge, linking the town with the extension. This is borne out of their perceived need to hustle.

First Avenue seems to be another preferred spot, one notices that under the cover of the night these ladies gather on the long stretch and wait patiently like birds of prey. Marijuana and cigarette smoke fill the area as they puff and loiter the axis of the avenue.

It was discovered that the prostitutes that reside in the brothel located near the bridge, take up rooms at the rate of N3,500 daily, a bill that is shared among two or three persons, depending on their arrangement. The ladies take turns to entertain clients in their rooms. There are shabby details as to fees, as every one of them is to fix her own fee for services rendered.

Residents living close to the brothel say they have continuously decried the presence of the nightly practice. Yet they believe that for prostitution to take place, there must be willing and ready buyers, making prostitution a thriving economic activity.

It is however not limited to a particular sex but over the centuries, the most rampant is that of the female prostitutes providing services to male patrons.

Although many argue that prostitution is helpful to society (economically and socially), the realization that it is wrong to sell that which is most wonderful, most enjoyable, most precious, and some consider most sacred. If sex, which is inexorably linked to love, life, and lineage, is commodified, the value of a human being is inevitably reduced to something material, external, and temporary, and the ideals of marriage and family are destroyed.

The prostitutes earn income from such services and as such are able to meet their own financial needs. Invariably, commercial sex workers contribute to the economy by providing self employment and earning income from services provided.

Most sex workers are driven to prostitution for survival because they believe that is the only option available to them. It is a wrong notion and in many instances it is simply the easy option, or the lazy option, not the only option.

Ultimately, prostitution is an extremely complicated phenomenon, and well outside the scope of this article. We will however look to escalate the issue and try to shed a little more light on a most clandestine activity which is slowly taking over many parts of the metropolis.

There are health issues, economic issues, risk to life and limp issues, and potential crime issues all as a result of unregulated, unchecked prostitution.

It is our hope that we can add to the discourse on the matter and bring about some level of regulation and of course safety until more permanent solutions are found and effected.

https://ekoconnect.net/2015/08/prostitution-and-alternative-means/

Re: Festival Of Prostitutes... Business In Festac by stevedre: 9:10am On May 16, 2016
Last time i visited naija i could not stop myself from saying festac is turning to sodom and gomorah. Things my eyes saw are better burried than shared.

But finally, they add flavour to the grove cuz how will a night club look like woth out them?

1 Like

Re: Festival Of Prostitutes... Business In Festac by junketer(m): 9:12am On May 16, 2016
Abeg make una leave our ashis alone. Guys like me wey no fit get gf na these ashis dey service us.
Re: Festival Of Prostitutes... Business In Festac by queenoflafia(f): 9:18am On May 16, 2016
The oldest trade
Re: Festival Of Prostitutes... Business In Festac by ekoconnect: 10:11am On May 24, 2016
hahaha how?
queenoflafia:
The oldest trade

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Pleads Guilty In Canada To Quarter Million Dollar Fraud. / Update – American Woman Who Died In A Hotel Where She Lodged With Her Lover Test / Shocking! “I Drink Baby Blood So That I Can Look Young” — Lady Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.