Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Magic, Science & Christianity - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Magic, Science & Christianity (563 Views)

The Actual Difference Between Christianity And Islam / My View About Christianity And Paying Tithe! / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Magic, Science & Christianity by imepaul(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2016
I could remember when I was in primary 2, my class teacher started asking every pupil in class what he/she wants to become in future. Various answers were coming in; Doctor, Engineer, Lawyer, Pilot, Pastor etc
When it got to my turn, I said "Magician" & everyone in the class burst into laughter, my class teacher just laughed & looked @ me as if I crazy. During break, my classmate laughed @ me, some even asked me to perform any magic but I just told them that when I'm older, I'll perform magic.

Growing as a child, I saw many events that blew my fantasy, some men come to my area & start perform different magic tricks like piercing themselves with swords without it penetrating, performing with Hyenas, snakes & the likes. I always love these magic but when I grew up, I forgot about those things & faced life!

Lately I read an article about magic, the writer defined magic as making the impossible to be possible. The article broaden my knowledge about magic a little and I google Prof. Peller who was a renowned Nigerian magician, I read about his history & came to discover that all members of his family were magicians. In an article, one of the children of Prof. Peller was asked if he could make someone disappear & he said he could do so. He was asked what was the secret behind magic, he said magic is all about concentration & imagination, Nike Peller & his brother performed a magic trick wherein Nike began to float in the air.

In a movie which I watched, "Race to witch mountain", a little boy & girl who were not from earth were performing wonders like making an ATM dispense cash without touching the machine @ all, making bullets not to penetrate through them & others, when Dwanye "The Rock" Johnson asked these kids how could they do all these, the little boy said that humans don't use up to 100% of their brain because if they do, not only will human become super genus but we will be about to control things with our minds, i.e whatever you imagine will just be happening!

In the Bible, magic was not conducted but instead miracles were! Miracles could only happen by someone who is spirit-filled & has the power of God. Prof Peller belonged to an international association which is just for magicians & they hold their conference every year & guess what? Before the start their meeting, they pray to God in church & when they were asked why do they pray, they replied that the knowledge to do magic comes from God!.... Wow

I was having a heart to heart discussion about with a friend of mine concerning his take on Magic, he told me that he doesn't believe in magic & magic is same as witchcraft, he cited 1Sam 28:7-19 which talk of the woman with witchcraft whom Saul seek in order to conjure the spirit of Samuel through magic & it was even stated that she was possessed by a familiar spirit!....

With all these, I'm not still satisfied because
1. Is it that magicians use 100% of their brain just as science claim?
2. In the movies "Kyle XY", it was said that if humans use up to 45% of the brain, blood will gush out of the ears, nose & eyes which will result to the death of such a person. If this is true, then how can magicians use up to 100% of the brain?
3. If magicians really believe magic is from God, how come the bible address magicians as people with "familiar spirit"?

So my fellow nairalanders, what's your take on this?

(1) (Reply)

Legalise The Illegal Refineries / Islamic Oat On My Profile.. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.