Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

What is your Opinion on HITV war on Viewing Centre and Hotels - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What is your Opinion on HITV war on Viewing Centre and Hotels (1275 Views)

Spring Break . . . . . . Whats Your Opinion Of It / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is your Opinion on HITV war on Viewing Centre and Hotels by temmytanny(m): 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2009
[b]i read in the guardian some weeks back about HITV planing to force viewing center owners to pay as high as 20k per month for a single subscription.i dint take it serious until i read complete sports of saturday where they said they would close down any viewing center dat fail to pay the 20k.

why should a company like HITV(so called proudly nigeria)force dat on viewing center owners who struggled to buy decorders,buy chairs,TVs,rent land etc to pay 20k for a single subscription(not even dual view)?

for your information,am not in to the business but i watch most matches at viewing centers(even though i have one at home,i see fun in it watching wit pals)and i know dat some of these people doing this business are doin it to make end meet.

viewing centers have generated nothing less than 20,000 jobs in nigeria today(i stand to be corrected) and have been directly and indirectly feeding over 500,000 nigerians and that has also help in reducing crime and joblessness
if HITV now go ahead with its plans,what happens to those who dont make much in this business?i was thinkin now that they have UCL at thier disposal,they would introduce dual decorders but they dint do that,they are busy lookin for viewing centers to close down.

HITV should please not try it oooo and if they try is sha ,make them no reach my area oooo cos we are already planing to attack them.

they should start planing how to win the next bidding of EPL in november and leave us to enjoy how football and if they want trouble we shall give them in double

mr tony shubair, u be nigerian ooooo think twice before you take that dirty step or else you would regret ever doing it.[/b]
Re: What is your Opinion on HITV war on Viewing Centre and Hotels by soloqy: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2009
my bros, I already said it in another place that its a fight they cannot win.

Hitv grew due to the goodwill of Nigerians so if they turn around to oppress the same people that helped them grow, they would be finally putting the nail on their own coffin. Its an outfit that is run by only one individual. So he can wake up one day and make a drastic and hasty decision.

The people are waiting for them.
Re: What is your Opinion on HITV war on Viewing Centre and Hotels by twinstaiye(m): 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2009
I wonder who is at the research section and customer affairs at HITV. I remembered they once called my friend who voiced out his dissatisfaction with the new tarrif. The enquirer from their office went further to ask him where he intend to watch live matches if he is now refusing to pay, and he answered back that he will be patronising viewing centres. I guess 90% of those they called during their research indicates same objections and remedies. What HITV now came up with must be the result of their research. Quite frankly, I dont see them winning that war. For one, most hotels can get DSTV for 2,500 that is if their new 'Access bouquet' does not have CNN in it, otherwise they will all go for 1,500. What HITV doesnt know is that, with CNN and AFrican Magic, most hotels doesnt bother about soccer that much, except some big hotels. Having said that, viewing centres abounds all over the place, there is no way they can raid all of them at the same time without causing any chaos and pandemonium, not to talk of the money they will use to prosecute such raids. By the way, are they going to raid slums which is very common areas where viewing centre exist or better still, villages and hamlets etc. The best thing to do is to revert back to the former amount, that will discourage viewing centres, the lower the price, the higher the number of susbcribers.
What they also fail to know also is that, some locality went as far as networking a single decoder to almost 10 houses. Nigerians are known to adjust to anything they love, and watching live matches is not an exception. Start raiding them, and they will come up with another method. For instance, in those days, we are used to using Video Sender, such tools can be invented whereby a locality can distribute signal through terrestrial transmission. Also, what do they also have to do with Town hall, Beer parlours, NGOs who have viewing centres? Indeed it is not a battle they can win. they cna try sha, dont say i didnt tell you. enuff said.
Re: What is your Opinion on HITV war on Viewing Centre and Hotels by soloqy: 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2009
@twinstaye,

they dont reason before they take decisions. If they had level headed and intelligent people doing the thinking, they would understand that they are about to fail big time.

The only right thing for them to do is to revert to the old fees or at the most, make it N4, 500. Anything above that is a hard sell.

When you chase a rat and corner it so that it has no way to run, it goes for your legs with Teeth all bare and ready to bite if you dont get out of the way.

Thats what will happen with them and Viewing centers.

The name of the paytv game is subscribers, subscribers and more subscribers. Is it better that they keep charging 6k per month and people like us refuse to subscribe, prospective customers, also refuse to sign up because they dont feal its good enough value for their money, or for them to revert to the old fees and have those of us that have dumped them come back as well as many more new subscribers?

Some networks and content providers wont even talk with you if you havent got up to a certain number of subscribers so what are they really thinking?
Re: What is your Opinion on HITV war on Viewing Centre and Hotels by temmytanny(m): 9:05am On Aug 18, 2009
i have been a strong surporter of HITV even before they roll out in late 2007.i was very happy when they got the EPL slot away from DSTV .But now ,i hate them for wat they have been doin in the last few months.its ANTI-NIGERIAN and i dont pray they win the next right for EPL in november until they put things right .
we also need dual decorders from them.the era of single decorder is gone even DSTV is planing to introduce a decorder that is better than the present PVR they are using.HITV dey there dey stil dey use PALASA decoder
Re: What is your Opinion on HITV war on Viewing Centre and Hotels by donaremu(m): 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2009
Hello all,

HiTV is joking, this a battle they will never win. They have forgotten that most matches are avaliable on FTA. The CEO should think twice before he ends his company with this war.
Re: What is your Opinion on HITV war on Viewing Centre and Hotels by darznets(m): 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2009
I have been an ardent follower of various posts on the HITV thread and have been faciniated by the comments of the NLanders. I was shocked to see HITV's advert in today's Guardian informing the viewing centres of thier impending crackdown.

I think Toyin Subair should just stop this foolishness and listen to his subcribers, I am a DSTV subscriber and will NEVER subscribe to HITV for anything even though am i die hard EPL fan.

The step they are about to take is nothing but a suicidal mission, they re signalling the end of HITV in Nigeria. The management thinks people cannot do without the EPL, it will shock them how Nigerians will revolt against that move.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Watched This Combined Film Called "IP MAN" . / Sensational Transformation Of Eddie Murphy. (photos)- Hollywood / How To Get Free TV Episodes From Itunes Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.