Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC (26961 Views)

Here Is When NYSC 2017 Batch A Stream II Is Going To Camp / 5 Reasons Why Your Name May Not Be On NYSC Mobilisation List / Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by sasquareT(m): 8:11pm On May 16, 2016
Brig.-Gen. Sulyman Kazaure, Director-General, National Youths Service Corps (NYSC), on Monday told the Senate that lack of funds may stall mobilising 2016 Batch A Stream 2 prospective corps members for orientation.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that orientation for the batch is expected to commence on Friday in 37 camps across the country.

Kazaure told the Senate Committee on Sports in Abuja that the money required for the exercise was yet to be provided.

He said that the NYSC had written several letters requesting for the money but that as at Monday, it was yet to receive response from the Federal Government.

According to him, we had written to Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, Finance, Budget and the Presidency even before the end of the orientation camp for Batch A, Stream One.

“We are presently at a loss in NYSC now as there is no money for us to mobilise thousands of prospective corps members in the Batch A Stream 2 to camp this Friday.

“This is in spite of efforts made by us to get things done in that direction several weeks ago.

“The problem staring us in the face arose from the N13 billion shortfall we had in the 2016 budget estimate which the agency made strong request for its provision during budget defence,” he said.

Kazaure, however, expressed the hope that the presidency may make last minute intervention by providing “the urgently-needed fund for the programme’’.

He told the committee that the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari had invited the Minister of Youths and Sports, Solomon Dalong, to see him over the matter.

In his remark, Chairman of the Senate committee, Sen. Obinna Ogba (PDP Ebonyi Central), assured the NYSC that the senate would intervene in the matter.

He said that the senate would convene a meeting during the week for all the parties concerned, including Ministries of Finance and Budget, to find a quick solution to the problem.

“We have listened to you and we are also disturbed by the problem at hand as regards paucity of funds for mobilisation of prospective corps members.

“NYSC is not something to joke with; even if it is through urgent supplementary budget provisions, the problem must be quickly tackled by the Federal Government,” he said. (NAN)

source
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/lack-funds-may-stall-corps-members-mobilisation-camp-nysc/
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by lifezone247(m): 8:12pm On May 16, 2016
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 16, 2016
Okay, Now that ot haff near us baah? Smh! Nebours go say yhu no go school atall!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by eki2000(m): 8:17pm On May 16, 2016
This Government Is Cursed.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Pinkyberry2(f): 8:24pm On May 16, 2016
APC!!

CHAINS......

This government is the true definition of clueless...

. seun , lalasticlala

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by donk552(m): 8:37pm On May 16, 2016
Useless Buhari why suffering youth

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by greatfoly(m): 8:45pm On May 16, 2016
what sort of rubbish is this? btw, the budget has been signed, what's stopping implementation? This people should stop wasting our time.
The FG should just scrap this whole scheme and free us from this unnecessary delay.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Airtimex(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2016
very bad...govt should do smthing plz embarassed
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by LesbianBoy(m): 9:37pm On May 16, 2016
Looooool CHANGE

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by simplibaba(m): 9:38pm On May 16, 2016
OH Lord!!! please forgive us of all our sin cos this man is just a purnishment to this great nation....

Nigeria will be great........

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Afrok(m): 9:38pm On May 16, 2016
Not again cry
My neighbours won't stop asking KENNY WHEN ARE U GOING FOR SERVICE? embarassed
Chai... CHANGE everywhere...

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 16, 2016
dancing on the thread
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by MzzTega(f): 9:40pm On May 16, 2016
What a Government!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Zico5(m): 9:41pm On May 16, 2016
See comprehension problem from wailers. How could lack of money translate to insensitivity on the part of the government. Its better to stop arguing with them on any matter cos they have nothing good to say than to destroy. Imagine after pushing us to this precarious situation, they still criticize with any issue. They have no aota of shame.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 16, 2016
NYSC does not have enough money to cater for the thousands it has to cater for.

In view of the funding gap...it may become necessary to call up only students in vital professions....teachers, doctors, engineers, and pharmacists....and everyone else can forget about service....until we fix the funding issue.

NYSC too should start making money.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by prinsam30: 9:41pm On May 16, 2016
Anybody who knows Mrpoker, tell him, he has failed woefully.

This was Mrpoker's qoute to me

"If you have nothing positive to contribute, get your **filthy ass** off this thread now" those two words were bullying and insulting, thereby breaking the rule of No. 2

This was my reply to Mrpoker before the mod decided to banned me

a moderator banned prinsam30 for "I have an advice for you, you little Cunť, if you don't understand a simple statement, pls get ur stinkÿ skull out of this thread " Bullying/Insulting a Nairalander. Violation of rule 2 . Ban expires at May 16, 2016 at 05:01:42 PM

Mrpoker You made the mod to banned me and you think you have won an award, You disgust me boy.

Pretend to be an adult but ur just a schoolboy, I don't have anything against you but will give you a little advice that I always give to some school boyz, "that if you can't fight it then don't live it".

The mod can go ahead again and ban me I don't give a fvck, if we cant tolerate each other on this forum then you don't have the right to speak against those thieves that keeps looting your common wealth.

I respect Mr. Flashh for this comment, One Love brother.

"When you're a mod on Nairaland, and you believe you can ban people just because you have the access to hit the ban button"
Its a challenge to God for his authority. God can't forgive you for that.

On this note I hereby besiege the very mod who banned me to also ban Mrpoker for bullying and insulting me because I found **filthy ass** as an insult to my personality as it was stated in the Violation of rule No. 2.

How can we fight corruption when wickedness has eaten up the judgment of so many.

I rest my case. Thank you all

Back to the topic, infact I have nothing to say

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Iffffffy(f): 9:41pm On May 16, 2016
Funny
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by nonstan(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2016
Nysc frustrating graduates since 18bc
Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by wunmi590(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2016
This government is worst

Some times I begin to wonder why NYSC can not go back to their former 3 batches, why wasting future leaders precious time, when you know you don't have the necessary resources further the programe.

But this still keeps me wonder how PDP governement have been funding and raising allawance despite the huge amount of corruption in the country, and how they are able to govern this great country.

I think it is high time we start praying hard for this country and her leaders.

Its high time we start encouraging our student not to stop singing our dear song " o God of creation"

God bless Nigeria

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Taeewo(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2016
he don happen

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Isoni(m): 9:44pm On May 16, 2016
Jesus wept

4 Likes

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Noneroone(m): 9:46pm On May 16, 2016
All categorieds of people are feeling the heat

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Owliver(m): 9:47pm On May 16, 2016
buhahaha

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by odijeks(m): 9:47pm On May 16, 2016
let them scrap NYSC if the govt can't fund it. Its not a must. In my opinion its a waste of time and theyve done a very good job in waiting our time since February based on one excuse or the other.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by ebenice(m): 9:48pm On May 16, 2016
I just hope something is done ASAp

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by illuminaty(m): 9:48pm On May 16, 2016
I LAUGH....and to think that we once heard they were making plans to increase corp members allowance for the month....the basic money they cannot provide,to increase allowee dey sweet them for mouth to talk......shame on this government.....shame on NYSC

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 16, 2016
thousands of us have been waiting since we registered in February. I resigned from my job last Friday to prepare myself this week. now I'm stranded. I can't go back and this people just destroy our emotions.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by paparazy06(m): 9:49pm On May 16, 2016
Wlcm to APC era where things suddenly CHANGE

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 16, 2016
thousands of us have been waiting since we registered in February. I resigned from my job last Friday to prepare myself this week. now I'm stranded. I can't go back and this people just destroy our emotions. some might commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by ladyF(f): 9:49pm On May 16, 2016
Just cancel it!

3 Likes

Re: Lack Of Funds May Stall Corps Members’ Mobilisation To Camp – NYSC by Young03(m): 9:50pm On May 16, 2016
make una better go learn work cus tyme waits for nobody

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Set To Review NYSC Allowance Upwards / Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) / Cross River B'15: Lets meet here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.