Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,048 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe (1700 Views)

Abuja Is No Longer Safe - Gimba Kakanda, Journalist Shares Paralyzing Experience / Armed Robber Who Attacked Ondo Skye Bank Nabbed In Edo State / Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 9:20pm On May 16, 2016
Good day Nairalanders, please I need professional advice on steps to take. Am seriously confused. My Dad went to SKYPE BANK, precisely SANGO OTA branch today to make cash withdrawer. After filling the teller, the cashier said he has less than the amount he filled in the teller, knowing fully that he has more than that, he requested for his statement of account only to find out that an unknown person have been withdrawing from his account without receiving any alerts from may 6th. The person has withdraw a total of one million four hundred and eighty five thousand naira.
Mind you he has no ATM card. It was cash with drawer. Please what steps do suggest we should take. Cos, he seriously confused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by 1trillionlikes: 10:07pm On May 16, 2016
Make God dey help person now o... One yeye guy that works in access bank was whisked away by SSS last week, he withdrew more than 8 million naira from people's account. Those he did it to didn't have ATM or sms alert.....
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by MeAboki(m): 2:25am On May 17, 2016
He should stand his ground that the bank was duty bound to protect his money and therefore responsible and culpable for the loss.
He should demand for full refund and not accept any excuse or otherwise threaten them with EFCC if they fail to do so - it seems to me it was an inside job and the bank was clearly negligent; its therefore their responsibility and their loss - no shaking.
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 6:38am On May 17, 2016
MeAboki:
He should stand his ground that the bank was duty bound to protect his money and therefore responsible and culpable for the loss.
He should demand for full refund and not accept any excuse or otherwise threaten them with EFCC if they fail to do so - it seems to me it was an inside job and the bank was clearly negligent; its therefore their responsibility and their loss - no shaking.
That's my assumption too, people are saying it's insiders work

1 Like

Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by MeAboki(m): 11:15am On May 17, 2016
Yes indeed; let him not waste any more time speculating or listening to any excuse, since he played no role in the theft, as all he did was simply to keep money in his account; he should therefore demand prompt refund or threaten to expose the fraud to the media and charge them to the EFCC - trust me, no bank wants negative publicity; they will pay up, especially as the money isn't much and well within what a bank can easily right off.
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by swagzofroyalty(m): 11:20am On May 17, 2016
Call me we will recover the whole money 08058284552
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 6:22pm On May 17, 2016
We went to the bank today to submit a letter to the branch manager as requested. Waiting for the outcome
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2016
I also mail there YES centre (customer care)
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by andyanders: 7:35pm On May 17, 2016
AdlatWorld:
Good day Nairalanders, please I need professional advice on steps to take. Am seriously confused. My Dad went to SKYPE BANK, precisely SANGO OTA branch today to make cash withdrawer. After filling the teller, the cashier said he has less than the amount he filled in the teller, knowing fully that he has more than that, he requested for his statement of account only to find out that an unknown person have been withdrawing from his account without receiving any alerts from may 6th. The person has withdraw a total of one million four hundred and eighty five thousand naira.
Mind you he has no ATM card. It was cash with drawer. Please what steps do suggest we should take. Cos, he seriously confused.

The bank should be held responsible. Approach them first and if they start talking trash, tell them that you will involve a lawyer.
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2016
No response received from the letter submitted to the branch yesterday
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:26pm On May 18, 2016
We shall submit the lawyer's letter tomorrow
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by Vomm: 8:44pm On May 18, 2016
Tell ur dad to go bak to the bank and request for a withdrawal slip and fill the slip like this

Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:56pm On May 18, 2016
Vomm:
Tell ur dad to go bak to the bank and request for a withdrawal slip and fill the slip like this
Thanks for the advice
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:06pm On May 20, 2016
We visited the head office yesterday to submit the lawyer's letter. They promised that they will start investigation immediately. They promised 2 weeks for feedback. We do hope to see positive results.

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Man Arrested In India Trying To Sell Cocaine / Dead Woman Abandoned On The Road In Lokoja / Beware!!! Speedy Data Just Scammed Me This Sunday Evening (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.