Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why Are Ford E Series Passenger Vans Not Common? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Ford E Series Passenger Vans Not Common? (1230 Views)

Ford’s Self-driving Vans Are Now Delivering Food In Miami / ✔ ✔✔ CARFAX®Vehicle History Report/Record Contact 08060365068 / Innoson Builds FRSC Vans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Ford E Series Passenger Vans Not Common? by 19naia(m): 5:38am On May 17, 2016
The Ford E-150, 250 and 350 series are good strong vans with lots of power and passenger/cargo room. Also the equivalent in Chevrolet and Dodge is part of the question.

I rode in The ford E series van in Ghana and also saw Chevrolet and Dodge versions. They are very fast and powerful and carry enough passengers to be cost effective on commercial duty. They are in fact the fastest buses on the road there and able to ply a route 2 times a day where a Toyota Hiace would ply 1 time a day with less passengers per Toyota Hiace.
Yes the fuel consumption of the Ford E series is higher, but it seems that the extra passenger and cargo capacity would cover the extra fuel cost.

Anyway, they are working well in Ghana and was wondering why they are not common in Nigeria. I saw a few broken down abandoned by the road side and a few still plying the roads in Nigeria, but only a few...

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Advice On A 2005 Chrysler Pacifica AWD Limited SUV / Why You Should Always Monitor Your Drivers...a Tale Of The Landcruiser / Amazing Photos Of New Keke Napep Reportedly Made In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.