Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

What's Wrong With The Youths Of This Era? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's Wrong With The Youths Of This Era? (482 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture? (photo) / What Is Wrong With This Maternity Photoshoot? / Epic Civics Exam Answer In This Era Of Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With The Youths Of This Era? by alexisgist(m): 7:29am On May 17, 2016
I’m writing this with great discotentment ntment to we the youths of Nigeria, The “leaders of tomorrow" as we are popularly called.
When I think about the statement I'm left to wonder, Are we really the leaders of tomorrow? Are we prepared to lead? Or its just a popular saying

Considering the rate of political appointees in Nigeria, you will come to the full understanding of the point I am about to make.
We are in the era where we have less active youths in the government systems.Even Solomon Darling 52 year old.
Where are the youths of this country?
Are we dead or are we a wasted generation as suggested by Professor Wole Soyinka
Below are his words

Where did we go wrong? WAKE UP Nigerian youth!

Awolowo was 37 years, Akintola 36, Ahmadu Bello 36, Balewa 34, Okotie-Eboh 27, and Enahoro 27 and they led the struggle for Nigeria Independence after the death of Macaulay. Only Zik was 42 at the time.

In 1966, the first coup was led by: K. Nzeogwu who was 29 years and countered by M. Mohammed 28, T. Danjuma 28, Babangida 25, Garba 23, Sani Abacha 23, and Yaradua 23, and brought into power Gowon 32, Ojukwu 33, Obasanjo 29, and Buhari 24. Most of the military governors who governed the states under the successive military regimes were under 30 years. The brief democratic.dispensation which interjected the military interregnums also saw some Senators, and the House of Representatives, in particular, populated by members under 30. Under 30's were also not in short supply with.appointments - we have examples of M.T. Mbu who became foreign affairs minister at 23 and Pat Utomi who became a federal adviser at 27 and so on and so forth.

NOW: Why is it that this age bracket is today still sleeping in 3 seater chairs in their parents’ homes? Why is it that this age bracket is today still collecting pocket money from their parents? Why is it that this age bracket is today still writing JAMB? Why is it that this age bracket today still sagg their trousers? Why is it that this age bracket is today still searching for jobs, and not yet married? Why is it that this age bracket is today no longer qualified to even be leaders of youth wings of political parties?

Why is it that this age bracket is today so docile? Why is this age bracket today incapable of feeding itself? Why is it that this age bracket is today barred from even aspiring to certain political offices? Why is it that this age bracket is today incapacitated, unwilling, unable and incapable of asking questions? Why is it that this age bracket is not even conscious of their predicament?

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Article source attributed to:
Prof. Wole Soyinka (Nobel Laureate)

I believe those words are true.. What is wrong with the youths of our era? SICK GENERATION ! We need healing! We need a change of mind.
I was at an event in my school some weeks back a woman who is said to be the Deputy Vice Chancellor's wife of my school called some students to the stage in order to make them an ambassador of the school, she asked them, who is the minister for education? And, The current deputy vice-chancellor Academics of the school? They kept mute, the whole Hall was not excluded, truth be told I never know who the minister for education was then, I was disappointed in myself. The most annoying part of the event for me was when the M. C asked who own the slang “skibo robo skibo, skibo robo skibo ‘ to my amazement before the M. C could finish that, we all chorused "Lil Kesh" after I finish saying lil Kesh I compared the atmosphere where the Minister for education and some meaningless slang was mentioned, I deduced we still have a long way to go.
I was reading an article of lere Olayinka someday, he said when he finished his secondary school Buhari was the president then, and now that he is working he is also the president, also this instance when I was in the primary school Fayose was the Governor and I’m sure he would still hold a political post by the time I finish serving, I’m not stating this for political purpose, but to wake the sleeping youths.
The constitution says every citizen on or above 18 has the right to vote and to be voted for, but our 30 year old youths only vote and does not want to be voted for, research told me Nigeria is one of those country that has the highest population of youths In the world.
I mentioned Solomon Dalong earlier most of us won’t know who he is, He is the Minister of Youths and sports, a minister of youth and sports who is 52 years old, is he really a youth?

The Medicine for the “SICK GENERATION ” is this, instead of modelling our lives after musician who are impacting us Negatively,let's opt for the likes of Ben Carson, Mark Zuckerberg, Afe Babalola, Wole Soyinka,Oprah Winfrey, and lots more of impact makers.
Let's Be innovative, be a technocrat, develop raw and new ideas, work on it, make a lot of mistakes, do it over and over again you will surely be perfect in it.
Be an entreprenerur, work on somethings don’t just stand there without challenges, live an industrious life, do something outside your field of study, join an impact making organisation and finally Contest for posts.
With all this outstanding, vibrant and well oriented youths will dominate top political posts paving way for their fellow youths to be successful.

Let us create a better Nigeria for the coming generations.
We can be an agent of transformation we desire.
After we depart this world.. Let us strive hard together so that generations after generations will sing our names...
Arise!!!!! O ye youths of Nigeria by
We are leaders of tomorrow
#Proud Youths of Nigeria We are
Better Nigeria ... Let us make it happen
One Voice

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With The Youths Of This Era? by kvngveektour(m): 7:35am On May 17, 2016
i have made FTC!!!

I want to appreciate my friends n my family,the NL team,the south side of Nigeria,FUTminna,President Bubu,etisalat ng n all my haters

#Oba_GHA_tokpe_e
Re: What's Wrong With The Youths Of This Era? by Nobody: 7:44am On May 17, 2016
The youths of our nation have been brainwashed by all the previous government in power. God save Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Plz Anyone Know The Cheapest University In Canada And Its Reqirement / We Should Embrace Science And Technology For 'real Change' / Get Post Jamb Past Questions For The Following Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.