Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Am I Overthinking Things - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Overthinking Things (1559 Views)

I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / Am I Married To Him? / As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 17, 2016
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 17, 2016
Lemme rephrase your question.
You mean you want us to teach you how to resist sexual temptation?
My sister God is your strength. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by klassykute(m): 12:30pm On May 17, 2016
well i think u guys should just sit down and talk about ur future together .. if you love him so much and hw does as well..love aint really bout sex thou call him and decide a future for ur selves nd ur kids... so u dont get used and plus ur not over thinking .. ur just being a reasonable woman who knows what she wants... :f u guys ar always alone together i dont see hw u can resist d sexual tempt oo

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 17, 2016
klassykute:
well i think u guys should just sit down and talk about ur future together .. if you love him so much and hw does as well..love aint really bout sex thou call him and decide a future for ur selves nd ur kids... so u dont get used and plus ur not over thinking .. ur just being a reasonable woman who knows what she wants... :f u guys ar always alone together i dont see hw u can resist d sexual tempt oo

Thanks
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by byvan03: 3:46pm On May 17, 2016
Better put a proper family planning method in place before you ruin your life being a babymama of 2.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 17, 2016
Well, well, well ...

I agree with Byvan. You need to get something to prevent another pregnancy IN THE FIRST PLACE.

What I see here is a woman who feels guilty after s.ex even though she enjoys it since she believes that his decision to marry her depends on whether she sleeps with him or not. There are many other factors that will influence his decision other than s.ex - that is if he is not someone who wants to marry a virgin.

So you either sleep with him and enjoy it without regrets or you stop it by telling him how you feel about it and ask him to support you in your decision.

If he cares about how you feel, he will understand and respect it.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Acidosis(m): 4:32pm On May 17, 2016
Your courage to accept reality would see you through this phase.*

#Fact 1
You're a Baby mama.

There's nothing wrong in being a baby mama, but is that what you want for the rest of your life?

Like the typical Nigerian woman, your answer is NO.

#Fact 2
The likelihood that you will get married to a responsible single man after 2 kids is slim; almost zero.

#Fact 3
The lack of job is not the reason he has not thought it wise to get married to you. If he has been supportive with regular upkeep for you and your son, what else does he need to settle down? I don't get it, would marriage with you double his current feeding levy, or house rent? You can get married without raising another child immediately.

#Fact 4
Nothing else would make him get married to you unless you 'force' him. Right now, you are at his mercy. He has your "mumu button". I won't even tell you to stop se.x cos I know you won't.

#Fact 5
Don't even think about leaving him for another man. Your level of attachment with him is so high that the next man might live to regret his existence.

#Fact 6
Do all you have to do to make him see reasons for marriage asap. You don't have to appear desperate to achieve this.

By the way, you talked about his father. What about your own parents? siblings?

9 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 17, 2016
Acidosis:
Your courage to accept reality would see you through this face.

#Fact 1
You're a Baby mama.

There's nothing wrong in being a baby mama, but is that what you want for the rest of your life?

#Fact 2
The likelihood that you will get married to a responsible single man after 2 kids is slim; almost zero.

#Fact 3
The lack of job is not the reason he has not thought it wise to get married to you. If he has been supportive with regular upkeep for you and your son, what else does he need to settle down? I don't get it, would marriage with you double his current feeding levy, or house rent? You can get married without raising another child immediately.

#Fact 4
Nothing else would make him get married to you unless you 'force' him. Right now, you are at his mercy. He has your "mumu button". I won't even tell you to stop se.x cos I know you won't.

#Fact 5
Don't even think about leaving him for another man. Your level of attachment with him is so high that the next man might live to regret his existence.

#Fact 6
Do all you have to do to make him see reasons for marriage asap. You don't have to appear desperate to achieve this.

Nice one Acid! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 17, 2016
Acidosis:
Your courage to accept reality would see you through this face.

#Fact 1
You're a Baby mama.

#Fact 2

#Fact 3

#Fact 4

#Fact 5

#Fact 6

Thanks for this. I have just a kid for now. He currently has no job and accommodation... He gave it up after leaving his job, he was given an official house.. I never mentioned his father.. My parents are fine, they know about him and they believe he'll do the needful soon. Probably after getting a Job.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by raumdeuter: 5:49pm On May 17, 2016
Well Acid has said it all

If you stop sex with him, Would you mind if he starts seeing other people?

If you stop having sex with him, Would you be ready to start another sexless relationship with another person

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 5:44am On May 18, 2016
from your writeup u sound desperate. he's capitalizing on that to play your feeling.

truth is that, lack of job, or accommodation isn't a reason not to make future plan.

he's just not serious with you.

I hope you have the courage to move on,before time goes, or you sit him down and talk about the future.

I won't want to see a thread about how wicked men are,cos you saw it coming.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by jashar(f): 11:03am On May 18, 2016
smiley
Nahhh!!!! You ain't over thinking things. I think you're just growing up to the 'beautiful' realities of life.

I don't think he's interested in marrying you, the 1st thing you should do for yourself is to say NO when he comes around for s.ex.

Yeah. It won't be easy.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 18, 2016
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Meringe(m): 12:23am On May 19, 2016
Keona:
Hello everyone, thanks so far. Just as you guys advised that we talk about our future together, that night, I woke him up to ask what his plans are for Us. At first, he said why am I asking again when we already talked about it in a chat, I told him I needed to make d conversation physical since we are together(he came to visit us in Akure). He said we'll talk about it at daybreak because I ought to have told him I needed to talk to him earlier, later he said I'm selfish for waking him up from sleep to ask such question(this is a man I do everything in my power to please) . He turned it into a quarrel and finally said we aint talking about anything. This reaction really struck my heart.. Its obvious he is shying away from such conversation.
I'm not desperate to get married to him. I just want to know if I'm wasting my time with him. I cant afford to waste more years over someone I'm not sure about.

This is my plight guys.. Please do not quote this post either. God bless you.
I think you should advice your self. Everything is very obvious.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Mopricelezz(f): 12:17pm On May 19, 2016
The Lord is ur strength.
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by jashar(f): 12:40pm On May 19, 2016
Enough of talking. It's time to act.
What's your next move gonna be?
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 19, 2016
Keona:
Hello everyone, thanks so far. Just as you guys advised that we talk about our future together, that night, I woke him up to ask what his plans are for Us. At first, he said why am I asking again when we already talked about it in a chat, I told him I needed to make d conversation physical since we are together(he came to visit us in Akure). He said we'll talk about it at daybreak because I ought to have told him I needed to talk to him earlier, later he said I'm selfish for waking him up from sleep to ask such question (this is a man I do everything in my power to please) . He turned it into a quarrel and finally said we aint talking about anything. This reaction really struck my heart.. Its obvious he is shying away from such conversation.
I'm not desperate to get married to him. I just want to know if I'm wasting my time with him. I cant afford to waste more years over someone I'm not sure about.

cc Mindfulness Acidiosis Jashar ramdeuter Yomieluv klassykute

And why do you do everything to please him?
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 19, 2016
Keona:
Hello everyone, thanks so far. Just as you guys advised that we talk about our future together, that night, I woke him up to ask what his plans are for Us. At first, he said why am I asking again when we already talked about it in a chat, I told him I needed to make d conversation physical since we are together(he came to visit us in Akure). He said we'll talk about it at daybreak because I ought to have told him I needed to talk to him earlier, later he said I'm selfish for waking him up from sleep to ask such question(this is a man I do everything in my power to please) . He turned it into a quarrel and finally said we aint talking about anything. This reaction really struck my heart.. Its obvious he is shying away from such conversation.

cc Mindfulness Acidiosis Jashar ramdeuter Yomieluv klassykute
I think you need a reset slap for your brain to function..its obvious,he only likes you as a bedmate. nothing much. it will be hard,but move on. try avoiding him,if you can't resist his pen1ss.

time will heal your pain.
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 19, 2016
Mindfulness:

And why do you do everything to please him?

I guess its in a bid to show him respect in my own way. Ma'am pls unquote me. Thanks
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 19, 2016
Yomieluv:
I think you need a reset slap for your brain to function..its obvious,he only likes you as a bedmate. nothing much. it will be hard,but move on. try avoiding him,if you can't resist his pen1ss.

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 19, 2016
Yomieluv:

Thanks a lot.. Kindly unquote my post thanks.
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Jahblessme: 2:13pm On May 19, 2016
Dear Keona,
1. Yes,you are wasting your time
2. He will NOT marry you.

He has made it clear in so many ways though you don't want to see it.He has said yo are the mother of his children-not his wife.You are the breeding machine,and you are probably a good bed mate for him while he is in Akure.

remember he didn't ask you to do everything to please him,it's totally your choice so you can't use that to hold him to ransom.He's not interested in marrying you so it's best you go and stock up on condoms to avoid stds and another pregnancy.Pls when next he comes to visit leave all doors and windows open,wear 4 shorts and iron pant.

if you choose to continue to have se x with him,just do it for the enjoyment not because you expect to marry you or you want to make him happy as he has shown that you are not in his future plans.

Read Mracidosis post carefully,it will help you.Please try and concentrate on your kid, building up and forging a career and future for yourself .It's very unlikely your baby daddy will be in it.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 19, 2016
Thanks a lot, I do appreciate
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by sebod(m): 3:27pm On May 19, 2016
If everything in your post is anything to go by, I can confidently say he doesn't have any plan for you. You have to make up your mind on what your really want.
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Briona(f): 5:43pm On May 19, 2016
I have the same problem too. Although there is no child involved.
Back to the topic ...like everyone has been commenting,it's difficult to let go of him since you already have a son for him. But the first thing you have got to do is knowing what you want and to be determined to achieve such goal.
one thing you have to know is ur baby dad doesn't value you.
My advice to you is to get a job first then we would know what to do after that.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 19, 2016
Jahblessme:
Dear Keona,
1. Yes,you are wasting your time
2. He will NOT marry you.

He has made it clear in so many ways though you don't want to see it.He has said yo are the mother of his children-not his wife.You are the breeding machine,and you are probably a good bed mate for him while he is in Akure.

remember he didn't ask you to do everything to please him,it's totally your choice so you can't use that to hold him to ransom.He's not interested in marrying you so it's best you go and stock up on condoms to avoid stds and another pregnancy.Pls when next he comes to visit leave all doors and windows open,wear 4 shorts and iron pant.

if you choose to continue to have se x with him,just do it for the enjoyment not because you expect to marry you or you want to make him happy as he has shown that you are not in his future plans.

Read Mracidosis post carefully,it will help you.Please try and concentrate on your kid, building up and forging a career and future for yourself .It's very unlikely your baby daddy will be in it.
Good luck.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate
Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 19, 2016
one day op, just one day, you will hear From someone else that your baby daddy is getting married and your whole world will crash like synagogue church if you do not get something doing and take control of your life cos you are going to be a single mom for a long time.

I hope he continues to provide for the baby as you make firm decisions.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by PinketteDawn: 7:16pm On May 19, 2016
Briona:
I have the same problem too. Although there is no child involved.
Back to the topic ...like everyone has been commenting,it's difficult to let go of him since you already have a son for him. But the first thing you have got to do is knowing what you want and to be determined to achieve such goal.
one thing you have to know is ur baby dad doesn't value you.
My advice to you is to get a job first then we would know what to do after that.

OP, It is difficult to let go of him because you have a son for him....No it is not. You have to decide what you want and act on it. Many women have been in your situation before, even married to the man, yet they were able to break free. It won't be easy at first but you need to prepare your mind for the worst case scenario( him deciding to leave every responsibility of taking care of the child for you alone, in which case you can't compel him by law because you are not married). The more reason why you should work hard to get a job.

You will find it hard to marry a single man with your son?? ....If your only aim in this life is to get married, then you will find it hard. But if you focus on being happy and successful, babe, nothing is impossible. You will attract a single man who will love you and your son like kilode! Infact, that you have a child, will even be an advantage because it proves you are fertile. And what if he is not single? As long as he worships the ground you walk on, you will love and accept him with his children.

Never abandon your son my dear. Yes, when he grows up, he will look for his father, but he will never forget you.

For now, welcome back to your senses. Tell your parents about your decision and don't let their reaction (if against your decision) make you budge. STOP, I repeat, STOP giving him sex for now, to avoid stories that touch.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 19, 2016
Joavid:
one day op, just one day, you will hear From someone else that your baby daddy is getting married and your whole world will crash like synagogue church if you do not get something doing and take control of your life cos you are going to be a single mom for a long time.

I hope he continues to provide for the baby as you make firm decisions.

Thanks Sis.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overthinking Things by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 19, 2016
PinketteDawn:

OP, It is difficult to let go of him because you have a son for him....No it is not. You have to decide what you want and act on it. Many women have been in your situation before, even married to the man, yet they were able to break free. It won't be easy at first but you need to prepare your mind for the worst case scenario( him deciding to leave every responsibility of taking care of the child for you alone, in which case you can't compel him by law because you are not married). The more reason why you should work hard to get a job.

You will find it hard to marry a single man with your son?? ....If your only aim in this life is to get married, then you will find it hard. But if you focus on being happy and successful, babe, nothing is impossible. You will attract a single man who will love you and your son like kilode! Infact, that you have a child, will even be an advantage because it proves you are fertile. And what if he is not single? As long as he worships the ground you walk on, you will love and accept him with his children.

Never abandon your son my dear. Yes, when he grows up, he will look for his father, but he will never forget you.

For now, welcome back to your senses. Tell your parents about your decision and don't let their reaction (if against your decision) make you budge. STOP, I repeat, STOP giving him sex for now, to avoid stories that touch.

Thank you so much I appreciate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pre Wedding Photos Of My Brother's Traditional Marriage / Requirement Of A Family Expecting Their First Baby. / I Killed This Snake In My Compound This Afternoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.