Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,882 members, 7,817,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff (32658 Views)

$195M Contract: Reps Give Amaechi 72 Hours To Produce Documents / Arrest For Hate Speech: Arewa Youth Council Gives Gov. Masari 48 Hours Ultimatum / Buhari's Health: Save Nigeria Group Gives 74 Hours Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by ozoigbondu: 2:32pm On May 17, 2016
Communities in Delta state hosting the facilities of Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) have given Nigerian soldiers 72 hours to produce Chevron staff in their custody while dismissing claims by the military that the five persons arrested over the weekend were militants bombing oil and gas facilities in the area.
The communities claimed that contrary to the reports, the five alleged militants were actually contract workers for the American oil giants, inspecting earlier bombed pipelines ahead of the visit of the Joint Investigation Visit (JIV) team to inspect the extent of damage when the military troops swooped on them.
The communities stated that the workers were with their identification cards and were ferried to the site in Chevron’s boat, adding that their explanations that they were sent for inspection fell on deaf ears as they were taken to the military base at Koko and locked up.
To this end, the communities have given Chevron 72 hours to Chevron to effects the release of the said oil workers; else they would withdraw all the surveillance workers, among other workers working for oil firms in the area as their safety were no longer guaranteed.
The host communities accused Chevron of paying lip service to arrest of the five community workers, saying that the military was harassing and intimidating community oil workers as Chevron has failed to come to their aid.

Speaking on behalf Oil producing Communities,the Chairman of Kokodiagbene, Comrade Sheriff Mulade, who spoke on behalf of the oil producing communities in the area, expressed dismay over nonchalant attitude of the management of Chevron over the arrest of the alleged five workers branded Avengers.

He said: ‘’It is pertinent to state that we are no longer safe in the hands of security agents going by the constant harassment of our people. We have handed a 72-hour ultimatum to Chevron to ensure the release of those arrested oil workers and if they fail to do this, we will withdraw all our services from all the oil companies including, Shell, Chevron, NPDC and Neconde.

‘’We are not Niger Delta Avengers. We are law abiding citizens of Nigeria and those workers were doing their legitimate work when the JTF pounced on them and arrested them, thereafter proclaiming to the world that they have arrested Avengers. They should adopt more of intelligence in doing their work otherwise they would end up killing innocent people in the communities

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/17/soldiers-get-72-hours-ultimatum-to-release-chevron-staff/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Flexherbal(m): 2:37pm On May 17, 2016
Care should be taken in other not to prosecute innocent people for the wrong doing of others.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Lanre01(m): 2:38pm On May 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 2:44pm On May 17, 2016
grin
shame on Buhari
shame on buruntashi
shame on the useless Buharian army
and shame on those that think NDA can be easily apprehend like that, those guys must be at creek now laughing at these useless sai baba chanters
as soon as I saw the news i suddenly knew it was one of lair Muhammed the charlatan scheming.
same with bokoharam.

Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Buhari is a terrorist

163 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 17, 2016
nawa
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by AustineE1: 2:48pm On May 17, 2016
When desperation sets in,mistakes becomes the order of the day!....'it is better for hundred thieves to escape justice than an innocent man to be unjustly prosecuted'-anonymous.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by perp(f): 2:55pm On May 17, 2016
It is the duty of chevron to come out and make that claim not the communities.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Drversatile: 2:57pm On May 17, 2016
I knew it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by RareDiamonds: 2:57pm On May 17, 2016
I knew that the people arrested are innocent people. The human right abusing Nigerian military is just harassing and embarrassing law abiding citizens of the South East & South South because of selfish reasons. Buhari is a clueless abok1 whose draconian government of shame will soon fail.

Nonsense APC government.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Abeymills(m): 2:58pm On May 17, 2016
Yeye govt

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Abeymills(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2016
Yeye govt

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by AustineE1: 3:14pm On May 17, 2016
perp:
It is the duty of chevron to come out and make that claim not the communities.
Dont forget they may be indigens of the community and beyond the betraying and neo-imperialistic nature of chevron,they are duty bound as a community to protect their people,whether chevron or nt.
This report reminds me of Nigerian police,who goes about arresting anybody seen at the vicinity of a crime,without any investigation,just because oga said he wants the criminals arrested.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by allthingsgood: 3:29pm On May 17, 2016
[s]
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
grin
shame on Buhari
shame on buruntashi
and shame on those that think NDA can be easily apprehend like that, those guys must be at creek now laughing at these useless sai baba chanters
as soon as I saw the news i suddenly knew it was one of lair Muhammed the charlatan scheming.
same with bokoharam.

Buhari is a terrorist
[/s]

Horse load of poo

Please shut up!

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 3:42pm On May 17, 2016
shey chevron don commot for the community ni, abi dem no know their staff again, make the security firm wey dem outsourced the service to also come out now, abi the community get one special interest.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by afanide: 3:46pm On May 17, 2016
Some guys actually said it here that those arrested were not ND Avengers but Innocent citizen.

The worst of all is they are even CHEVRON WORKERS. undecided

I know the Militay are desperate to deliver, but they should employ professionalism in carrying out their taste to deliver.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by GodpunishBuhari: 3:46pm On May 17, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
grin
shame on Buhari
shame on buruntashi
same with bokoharam.

Buhari is a terrorist

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by busybrain123(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
grin
shame on Buhari
shame on buruntashi
same with bokoharam.

Buhari is a terrorist

Burantashi got me cracking grin

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by dechriscool(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 5:25pm On May 17, 2016
grin
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by repogirl(f): 5:46pm On May 17, 2016
I laugh!!!! grin grin grin

How can the NDA gather intelligence when they have been Zombified?

Illiterate buffoons like their Master.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by jcflex(m): 5:46pm On May 17, 2016
Why is the communities crying more than the bereave.

If they are Chevron staffs as allege, Chevron knows what to do,

with the way this community is crying, am suspecting their is skeleton in their cupboard

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 17, 2016
This reminds of an old adage: when a Rat gives Cats an ultimatum. Your guess is as good as mine....

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by amagunnerfan: 5:47pm On May 17, 2016
So Chevron have lost their voice and these idiots are now their spoke persons.

If the arrested quintet are truly not terrorists how come Chevron their supposed employers are not speaking?

NA need to arrest more people.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by loomer: 5:48pm On May 17, 2016
Nigeria army, make una fear God

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by yomalex(m): 5:49pm On May 17, 2016
Okay o
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by bright007(f): 5:49pm On May 17, 2016
k
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 5:50pm On May 17, 2016
grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by Onyenna(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2016
They should be released as soon as possible......if innocent. .........

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by youngberry001(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2016
Ok

#military
Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by alt3r3g0: 5:51pm On May 17, 2016
For those screaming against the army. If you were given all the dynamite to go and destroy the pipeline handling gas, how will you find it?

These people have insiders that know all the working of all pipelines, what leads where and what you need to blow it up. I am sure even the Nigerian navy does not have the pipe diagrams.

So the fact that these people had id cards does not automatically exonorate them.

They were caught at the scene of the crime. Not picked up in their backyards at home. If after investigation it was discovered that they were on official duty at the time they were pick up. I am certain they would be released.

The fact that Chevron is silent on the issue speaks volumes.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by MzMercie: 5:51pm On May 17, 2016
Chevron Should say sometime about the arrested persons na.

D military should be careful in its arrest, pressure shouldn't make dem arrest innocent persons fa

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Get 72 Hours Ultimatum To Release Chevron Staff by incomintop: 5:52pm On May 17, 2016
Buhari have learnt you don't use power on Niger delta is better to negotiate
Only Nairaland zombies deny brag here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Like The Way Buhari Fights Corruption" - Reno Omokri / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 / 6 Decisions From President Tinubu's Meeting With 36 Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.