Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

My MTN Data has Been Returned - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My MTN Data has Been Returned (27578 Views)

Man Surprises Lady Who Returned His Phone With N10,000 / Pls Help. How Can I Share Data On My Mtn Sim / I Dialed This *559*40# On My Mtn Line And Got This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by phlemzy: 8:05pm On May 17, 2016
Mtn had better get some sense and stop doing poo with people's data. 1GB consumption should deduct 1GB from one's data and not 1.5GB. Everyone wouldn't have the the privilege of opening a thread to complain here as Op did.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by Ayostephen1(m): 8:06pm On May 17, 2016
PLS BROS HOW DID U CREAT THE THREAD IN CASE I HAVE A COMPLAINTS
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by layi27: 8:07pm On May 17, 2016
you are lucky. mine was never restored even after call and tweet.

Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by nigflute(m): 8:10pm On May 17, 2016
This is serious, really fine house..
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by cnsprince76: 8:15pm On May 17, 2016
Lucky you! I'm still expecting my own refund. I subscribed for 750mb last Friday but was offered only 150mb. I'm yet to be refunded even after contacting 180 and them calling me back to assure me of their resolve to restore my data.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by zsch: 8:16pm On May 17, 2016
chumakk:
Imagine what will happen if everyone begins to demand that politicians return money they looted?

This will take more than Twitter and phone calls. Blood will have to be shed as the money can ONLY be retrieved with force.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:26pm On May 17, 2016
una dey c NL say na small thing. if only una know d number of prominent Nigerians wey dey use NL, sm ppl for dey watch their tongues
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by gulfer: 8:32pm On May 17, 2016
I got mine back too (5gb) although a few mbs short. I have been on it with them on the MTN twitter channel. The problem was across so many lines. However, I am still on with them to return an earlier accumulated 18gb taken from my data in early April.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by Roseey0(f): 8:33pm On May 17, 2016
The agent that attended to your first complain needs some preping.

When i noticed my data wasn't connecting, i called 180, they picked almost immediately i pressed zero( i have to give them credit for that cos it so not common)

I explained my issue, agent acknowledged they were having issues with data, i must admit i had issues while subscribing too and suspected further issues will come up later, but all the agents that attended to me were nice to explain their network had a general problem and that they were working on it.

Until today when it was resolved.

Mtn still remains a leader when it comes to service provison.
Though am considering getting a substitute in case of days like this. It can happen to anybody/ network.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by colossus2: 8:34pm On May 17, 2016
Kaybaba5:
Concerning wiping of data bundle by mtn
Many people have voiced out and yet nothing happens. @op u are just lucky. My night mb that remains 1.6g still be looking at me like a picture waiting for may 23rd to expire. Despite calling cc time without number they were just trying putting the blame on you. Many sleepless night 9pm,12am2am. Hoping that It will work all to no avail. Restarting my phone etc.
Now have lost hope on the data.waiting for time to expire. This is pure scam, day light robbery. Mtn is a scam since 13th may till now
My night mb has been inactive.

I didn't call any customer care.
Saw this thread tonight and checked my bundle balance.

Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by CioAngels(f): 8:40pm On May 17, 2016
Why must you embarass yourselves always out of greed, mtn? Go tv is also going the dstv way, for a week now my go tv scans for hours after that no network all day long. My subscription for this month is now one chance.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by steppin: 8:49pm On May 17, 2016
ImDharay:

taaah.! Instead make u ask,
"when is mtn gonn refresh dia system
so we can strt using our Psiphon BBLited aqain."
grin grin
Walahi! You no well at all. grin
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by psalmistkakah(m): 8:57pm On May 17, 2016
Allah kwa.....they are lucky to hv refund it....if not that tin that happen in 1965 4 happen again
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by geva(f): 8:58pm On May 17, 2016
I think you are just lucky,i remember when mtn took my 2gb within two days of buying, i called and they kept on speaking jargon,i had to forget about it.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by chimoskyg(m): 9:06pm On May 17, 2016
Nairaland great work for solving problems

Seun na man
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by princejones(m): 9:21pm On May 17, 2016
How did you do it that your expiration date is August
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by donvicky2007: 10:07pm On May 17, 2016
MTN is a useless network, I couldn't access their internet service on my mtn night plan since last night, I have been calling their customer care service for 20mins, yet they refuse to pick up, just sing their quack song unlike before.

Well I thank God I subscribe for Etisalat data service this evening, if not browsing this night would hv been in total mess.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by JideSM: 10:23pm On May 17, 2016
We regret this experience. Our Technical Teams are working on resolving this issue for all the affected subscribers. I will like to have your affected phone number so that this can be resolved.

Kaybaba5:
Concerning wiping of data bundle by mtn
Many people have voiced out and yet nothing happens. @op u are just lucky. My night mb that remains 1.6g still be looking at me like a picture waiting for may 23rd to expire. Despite calling cc time without number they were just trying putting the blame on you. Many sleepless night 9pm,12am2am. Hoping that It will work all to no avail. Restarting my phone etc.
Now have lost hope on the data.waiting for time to expire. This is pure scam, day light robbery. Mtn is a scam since 13th may till now
My night mb has been inactive.

Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by Pa22(m): 10:34pm On May 17, 2016
Yesterday, Immediately I subscribed the 1.5gig and opened the first page on my browser... gbam! MTN sent an SMS of 763mb remaining. I knew they'd deducted their tithe.....
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by isaiah9(m): 10:58pm On May 17, 2016
It only proves that there are a lot of mtn agents here and you guys expect someone to post cheat here smh
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by gabrielahamz(m): 11:05pm On May 17, 2016
lekjons:
then what about others.. they think everyone has the time to call them out online

same thing with Tecno Nigeria on Facebook.. they tried to scam a guy in their fake boomj8 promo.. he called them out yesterday.. and they also attended to him quickly, while they refused to give me the reward they promised me a few months ago, despite my complaint, they totally ignored me, i just felt calling them out is stupid since they aren't oweing me anything.. but why giving false hopes who sent them to organise the contest
for MTN; their name should be "ScamTN"..
i have a female neigbour who has got used to mtn scam that she actually believed it's their right.. this woman would recharge
know fully well that mtn will deduct their "tithe & offering" out of it and she'll have to manage the remaing credit.. all because she didn't know how to stop their useless services(callertune, fashion tip...)until i helped her out..

why're they all like this
Pls how do i stop those nasty fashion tips?
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by MADrator: 11:05pm On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hi everyone,

Earlier today I created a thread complaining about how about 3gig of my data was wiped by unjustly on my MTN SIM. HERE,

https://www.nairaland.com/3109694/untrustworthiness-mtn-new-data-plans

I was contacted by some MTN agents and also received emails. Also got a phone call from MTN Customer Care line 180 confirming that my data was indeed wiped. Their customer care agent's told me last night and this morning that I truly used the data.

Well, five minutes ago, I received a text and then a phone call confirming the reinstatement of my data. I got back 3.5gig in addition to the 600mb that was left last night making 4.1gig.

Thank you Nairaland, Seun and Moderators (Lalasticlala & Dominique)

Thanks to every customer who have suffered the same that aired their grievances on the thread. You all corroborated my story.

Thank you MTN for taking one customer out of millions seriously.

I have my data back and I am happy now.

Laveda, isn't it good to be hopeful? cheesy

Thank you JideSM &Multimillionsna cool

Glo is far worst than MTN. But I couldn't take that act of criminality after calling their customer care and they telling me there is nothing they can do. I had to borrow credit of 450 (for N500) to complete my amount so that I do the 2.5k subscription (my last subscription before I throw away that useless line). They can go look for the sim card, then take it to my account officer and demand for their N500 back. Useless bunch of crooks! angry angry angry
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by kenoz(m): 12:40am On May 18, 2016
Okay .
But that still not change the fact that they are thief
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by greatman247(m): 1:46am On May 18, 2016
Thank God for this kind of platform that gives voice to the voiceless. If we no gather mouth for this mtn thieving scheme, your subscription that was stolen wouldn't have been returned. Its never a mistake cos that what's they will say. They did it to me long ago, in my own case not my subscription but it was my units that was deducted without reason. I talked to them sharp sharp. And I got justice then but they wasted all my time and a lot of my credits in the process cos all the while the scheme never stops. Whenever I load cards they swallow and I didn't borrow from them. If it was glo that took my money I won't be so angry like if mtn do it to me, cos I still benefit a lot from glo from time to time, so much freebies, but mtn never gives me a pin and yet they want to steal from me, I said never, it won't happen. I dislike mtn with passion even though I still have their sim with me but I don't load it anymore like I load my glo. Mtn are found of engaging in this silly act. They are the richest and yet the most selfish. Dey don't give from the heart. When they give u one thing they always look for ways to take 200 things away from you. Just like the way devil operates.

1 Like

Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by marvolio2000(m): 2:26am On May 18, 2016
I am shocked and happy, I also complained on this thread and my own has been restored too but they made me do another subscription I now have about 6 gig in total.

Thanks Mtn but I had to spend extra 2,500.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by DedeNkem: 4:07am On May 18, 2016
Well, they solved your problem because you didn't let them steal from you without a fight!

There are millions they stole from, people who gave up and those who didn't even realise they've been duped.

MTN steal billions of naira from their customers per year through crooked data plans and most of their gullible customers don't even notice.

MTN has a massive fine ($5.2 billion) it is currently paying the Federal government, so it has accelerated the rate it steals from its costumers.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by jayuuk: 5:57am On May 18, 2016
Please MTN customer care just gave me a shock of my life,i have been subscribing for night plan which i do not exhaust at the end of the month.
MTN having Decommissioned night plan,i was told by their customer care rep that i will loose all accumulated data 47 467.79 MB,47GB.
Please MTN should tell me if i did not use my hard earned for night plan monthly subscription that gave rise to accumulated data.
This is a fraud,i know there are other subscribers out there with same issue.
Attached is a screen shot of my data balance
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by jayuuk: 6:02am On May 18, 2016
Please MTN customer care just gave me a shock of my life,i have been subscribing for night plan which i do not exhaust at the end of the month.
MTN having Decommissioned night plan,i was told by their customer care rep that i will loose all accumulated data 47 467.79 MB,47GB.
Please MTN should tell me if i did not use my hard earned moneyto pay for night plan monthly subscription that gave rise to accumulated data.
Attached is a screen shot of my data balance, i have received a couple of calls from 180 and some other MTN staff contacted me, i pray it is resolved in shortest possible time

Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by ikdaddy01(m): 6:23am On May 18, 2016
Now mote wailers will be born
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by bongolistik(m): 6:26am On May 18, 2016
cnsprince76:
Lucky you! I'm still expecting my own refund. I subscribed for 750mb last Friday but was offered only 150mb. I'm yet to be refunded even after contacting 180 and them calling me back to assure me of their resolve to restore my data.
just continue using ur data, dey will top it up later. That was exactly what happened to me, but b4 d data got finished dey topped it up with 600mb

1 Like

Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by colossus2: 6:32am On May 18, 2016
jayuuk:
Please MTN should tell me if i did not use my hard earned moneyto pay for night plan monthly subscription that gave rise to accumulated data.
Attached is a screen shot of my data balance, i have received a couple of calls from 180 and some other MTN staff contacted me, i pray it is resolved in shortest possible time
Subscribe for the day plan, your bundle balance will be rolled into the new plan.
Re: My MTN Data has Been Returned by teeono64: 6:51am On May 18, 2016
MTN DOES ACTUALLY LISTEN!
I HAVE HAD SIMILAR ISSUE IN THE PAST, MY CALL CREDIT WAS WIPED OFF (6K+). REached out to them and it was sorted immediately.
I was wowed by MTN dat day shaa. I'm hooked now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Olamide And Itel Mobile Are A Perfect Fit / Donald Trump Meeting With Tech Billionaires (Photos) / The New Infinix Hot (x507) Full Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.