Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

Professional Masters Degree (taught) And Academic Masters Degree (research) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professional Masters Degree (taught) And Academic Masters Degree (research) (1080 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Complete A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities? / Can I Do Academic Masters With NOUN Certificate? / Nigerian Quadruplets Graduates Simultaneously with Masters Degree In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Masters Degree (taught) And Academic Masters Degree (research) by princefunmmy(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2016
Please I really need advice on this.
I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering, and I want to run a masters program but I'm kinda opting between two opinions: Professional Masters Degree (Taught) and Academic Masters Degree (Research).
With my course o study, please which of the two do you think is worthwhile and why you think so.
thanks, alot of person wouldn't even know about these two types of masters degree. But this will be an eye-opener
Re: Professional Masters Degree (taught) And Academic Masters Degree (research) by babyfaceafrica: 3:42pm On May 17, 2016
I don't like epistle..its simple..if you want to become a lecturer,you go for academics and if you want to work,you go for professional..your choice!!

2 Likes

Re: Professional Masters Degree (taught) And Academic Masters Degree (research) by funshybam(m): 7:55am On Apr 01, 2017
Considering the time of this creating this post, I assume you must have put in for one.... If not, pls go for research. With professional, you can't proceed for PhD
Re: Professional Masters Degree (taught) And Academic Masters Degree (research) by princefunmmy(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
funshybam:
Considering the time of this creating this post, I assume you must have put in for one.... If not, pls go for research. With professional, you can't proceed for PhD
Yeah! Thanks I've started my M.Eng in Thermo-Fluid and Power Plant Engineering in FUTMinna. It's an Academic Masters, but being M.Eng not MSc, makes it sound professional

(1) (Reply)

Delsu Students Protests Increment Of School Fees / If You Schooled In Uniben You Can Relate To This / I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.