Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Love From A Distance: An Article I Submitted For The British Council Competition - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love From A Distance: An Article I Submitted For The British Council Competition (783 Views)

Long Distance Relationship....episode 1 / A Love From Above / Poem=from A Distance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love From A Distance: An Article I Submitted For The British Council Competition by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2009
love they say conquers all. love is a feeling that goes deep and is discovered when you least expect it. love is what people feel miserable for and wish they could live another life. love is what people do to keep their mind off things. love is a feeling of security and belongingness, so how can you ask if love, of whichever distance, can work. it really does not matter if you fall in love with someone that miles away from you because most times it comes unconsciously and you have no other choice than to deal with and live with the best you can.the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step, it is that first step you take towards love that determines how it will all end up; marriage or heartbreak. loving someone that is far away from you is just the same as loving someone that is next door, there are times that your next door lover is the Casanova and you couldn't even detect when it is done right under your nose. a typical example is a friend of mine that was in a relationship with a girl and they live on the same street, he got to her house one day and saw her in bed with another guy that is suppose to be his cousin. can you beat that?
A long distance relationship has it's own disadvantages we all know but this disadvantages comes up and becomes a problem when you deal with it wrongly and in the wrong steps. all relationships have shortcomings be it long distance or short, the only thing is the commitment, the trust, the communication, the honesty and above all an unchanging love that is from the heart. most people will say long-distance love is just a facade for both parties to be unfaithful, some may say it ends up with both partners hating each other more but i quite disagree with all these assertions. with a long distance relationship you see the true beauty of love and the sanctity of being in a honest relationship. you look forward to seeing your partner, you dream of the good times you share, you lay on your bed and fantasize and you feel miserable and have a long distance call in the middle of the night, you have phone intimacy if you feel honey. you try to make things perfect for your partner when you eventually see him/her. you try and make things work through both efforts and you make things as beautiful as having him/her near. a long distance relationship opens the eyes of those involved to the pains and gains of commitment and devotion. all long distance love should be given a chance to grow and not condemned. Share

(1) (Reply)

Two Poems From My Teenager Days / Hotest Valentine Love Quotes / Sticks And Stones:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.