Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Jennifer: Grass To Grace - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jennifer: Grass To Grace (86603 Views)

Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / Grace / Grass To Grace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by obelex(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nice piece

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by culiphy(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
Great read... "there and back on time" was Awesome, I think I appreciate Jennifer's perspective too... Kudos Mr Zubby

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by austino677(m): 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
Am here again cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by oluangelkay(f): 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
nice one. Pls continue

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by peter1994(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ozo ndigbo 1 of Berlin.

Keep up the good work.

Hope tm you post some valuable Lesson from your China Venture @ zuby77

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Martartins(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Zubby77.....Hope you go finish the story here instead of redirecting us to that your site. Make I no go waste my time.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by eedris85(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
hmm, (coughing & spitting out phlegm from my like an Hausa man does).
Here come the scribbed man with his sweet tales and stories, I just hope you would finish this story here and not refer us to your website where we might have to pay before ready again oh?
Na me be your Aboki that called you from kano state sometimes early last year while you were in Onitsha. Zubby, you promised to show up then, but I didn't hear from you again.
All well and good, am happy to see you back on NL with your stories that are full of tragic, romance &suspence. Once a runner, and forever a runner with you.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nice one again brother... Congrats on your wrting prowess and more grease to your ink.

On a side note, zubby try and get proffessionals to work on your website. With the kind of readership you have, I believe that you will be the next big thing in Nigeria! Who knows, Al Jazeera or CNN may invite you for a documentary.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by petsolo15(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
zuby is one of the greatest africa writer I have ever come across. his stories spans beyond entertainment. they are filled with knowledge, life experiences of an average African immigrants in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by chrisbest2013: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ur story is inspiring and educative. Sincerely u r a good writer. Hw can i get more of them and the end story of Jeniffer? Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
Episode 12: The Advent of Everything

“I am scared, please I don’t want to end up getting pregnant outside marriage again,” I said to Max.
He said he understood and told me he wasn’t going to release his sperms inside me.
As I helped pulled his shirt out of his body, he knew that I was good to go as well.
I didn’t remember the last time I had zex. Joshua who got me pregnant left some months after my baby was born. I used to have zex with him but since the love was not there, I didn’t have fond memories of how we did all that. The truth was that Joshua was one man I wanted to forget as fast as I could. He was not bad in bed, but zex was just a part of what humans needed to survive. There were other things that kept people going. Love was good and no doubt, one of the best feelings any woman could have. There was the issue of money too. Money was simply the most important thing people needed. Money needed no definition because money itself defined almost everything. But Joshua had no money and I didn’t love him; that was two negative ends.
There was also Solomon Zuby on the other hand, a very good and intelligent person who seemed to have money. However, things didn’t work out as we planned. I was supposed to be not just his girlfriend. He said he would marry me. I believed him because I saw no reason why he wouldn’t do that. He said I was everything he wanted.
I remember once in Algarve Portugal, when Solomon whispered in my ears that he would never let anything happen to me. He thought I was sleeping until I opened my eyes. I wasn’t going to let such promise pass away from me while pretending to be asleep. Solomon said be loved me and I knew he did. He was also good in bed. But what I loved most about him was his intelligence. He was one man who seemed to know everything before they happened. I was not able to blame him too much when he left because I contributed to the reason why our relationship fell apart. I recalled there was a day he caught me with one guy at the asylum camp. He had made a surprise visit to my camp and when he was told I was in the woods, he came looking for me, only to find a guy handling with my breasts. He even came with a rose flower which he threw on the ground where I was with the guy, then he left with teats. I thought it was over between us then but he came back. He said he couldn’t live without me. He said I broke his heart and made me promise never to do it again. I made that promise, knowing that I would never do that again. Then he left for Nigeria and got stranded. His predicament opened the door for temptations and I welcomed Joshua into my life. That was the advent of my breakup with Solomon.
But as Max kissed his way down to my honey pot, I felt nervous and excited at the same time. I was finally going to have zex on a comfortable bed in a comfortable apartment with a confident sportsman. I had no doubt it was going to be fun. I never dreamt I would be fortunate enough to have someone like him on the same bed but it was happening.
I moaned as I felt his tongue on the entrance of my honey pot. It was heaven and I was helpless. There was nothing else I could do except to lay with my back on the bed and held his head as he did his wonders with his tongue.
We heard a little sound from my room, it was the little Zuby; he just woke up from sleep and couldn’t find me.
What a bad timing for the terrorist to wake up?
“Please hold on my little boy,” I murmured.
I was sure I wasn’t going to just sprang up and rush to the little boy. Crying wasn’t going to kill him, it would make him stronger. On the other hand, the opportunity I found myself in could only be stopped by death. I was certain that if the much awaited Christian rapture was going to happen at that moment, I would ask our Lord to give me some more time because I couldn’t figure out a better thing to do in Heaven. I was already in Heaven; a preferred physical Heaven, not the imaginative one we were told.
I felt the finger inside of me. Max found it difficult to penetrate me with his finger. It pained me a little and I wondered if I had returned to virginity.
“Please baby, take it easy,” I said as the finger increased to two eventually.
The moisture that gradually started to form on the walls of my honey pot made it a little easier for Max to finger me. It fell like doing the major thing but I knew I wanted his manhood inside of me; it would create the necessary bond needed to make our relationship stronger. I prayed the little boy has slept again because after the initial one time cry, I didn’t hear from him again.
Everything around me felt the same way until I felt Max inserting his manhood into me. I spread my legs wide apart to enable him have easy penetration but yet, it was difficult. But eventually, I felt the entire length of his manhood inside me. Every space between the walls of my honey pot and his manhood was filled as he moved in and out slowly until the flow became easier for him.
Since I was on my back, his face was directly opposite mine. I didn’t know when I pulled his head down a little for his face to align with mine, then my lips found his and I kissed away as he moved in and out of me.
During this wonderful experience, I prayed. I prayed that he never stopped. I prayed that he was real and I prayed he would never leave me. I prayed to have such opportunity again in the future. I prayed that I wasn’t dreaming and when he suddenly pulled his manhood and splashed my body with his sperms, I knew it wasn’t a dream; it was real.
I smiled at him as I lay naked on the bed.
“Did you enjoy it?” He asked.
Of course I did
I nodded.
I didn’t just enjoy it, I loved it, I hoped for it and I wished it to happen every minute of my life.
Life outside was full of troubles and there was Max, asking if I enjoyed the best moment I found myself in almost forever.

“You are good,” I said and smiled.
He smiled too.
“I still don’t believe what’s happening between us. I thought you were just an angel sent by my God to help me out at the mall, but now I know that God didn’t just send you to help me, He also sent you to dry my tears,” I said.
Tears were almost coming out of my eyes again until the cry from the adjacent room reminded me that we were not alone in the apartment.
“Let me go and get him,” Max said as he stood up from the bed and scrambled into his boxers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by uanda(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ozoigbondu at his best again.
Zubby, u r the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by misspeggy(f): 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
This story is so nice. Welldone Op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Chicent(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
solaceguy:
I have a feeling that "aunty" sent Max. Oh well let's watch and see.

no aunty grace anywhere.... Welcome on board... U just started running with us. Enjoy the ride sir
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Chicent(m): 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
darrie20:
Thanks for coming up with something to keep me busy all through my NYSC camping which begins on monday, now I have what to fall back on whenever those boring seminars keep into gear......Following.....

visit www dot globalruns dot com for more... Happy service yr sir.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ozoigbondu 1, nice one. I like the street side of you. Thinking machine.. I might get to meet you someday, just maybe.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Soteriahascome: 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
There's Power In The intellect... This Writer is using his religiously.

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by RSAV: 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
This writer is nothing but super!!
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
ZUBY77:
Episode 12: The Advent of Everything

“I am scared, please I don’t want to end up getting pregnant outside marriage again,” I said to Max.
He said he understood and told me he wasn’t going to release his sperms inside me.
As I helped pulled his shirt out of his body, he knew that I was good to go as well.
I didn’t remember the last time I had zex. Joshua who got me pregnant left some months after my baby was born. I used to have zex with him but since the love was not there, I didn’t have fond memories of how we did all that. The truth was that Joshua was one man I wanted to forget as fast as I could. He was not bad in bed, but zex was just a part of what humans needed to survive. There were other things that kept people going. Love was good and no doubt, one of the best feelings any woman could have. There was the issue of money too. Money was simply the most important thing people needed. Money needed no definition because money itself defined almost everything. But Joshua had no money and I didn’t love him; that was two negative ends.
There was also Solomon Zuby on the other hand, a very good and intelligent person who seemed to have money. However, things didn’t work out as we planned. I was supposed to be not just his girlfriend. He said he would marry me. I believed him because I saw no reason why he wouldn’t do that. He said I was everything he wanted.
I remember once in Algarve Portugal, when Solomon whispered in my ears that he would never let anything happen to me. He thought I was sleeping until I opened my eyes. I wasn’t going to let such promise pass away from me while pretending to be asleep. Solomon said be loved me and I knew he did. He was also good in bed. But what I loved most about him was his intelligence. He was one man who seemed to know everything before they happened. I was not able to blame him too much when he left because I contributed to the reason why our relationship fell apart. I recalled there was a day he caught me with one guy at the asylum camp. He had made a surprise visit to my camp and when he was told I was in the woods, he came looking for me, only to find a guy handling with my breasts. He even came with a rose flower which he threw on the ground where I was with the guy, then he left with teats. I thought it was over between us then but he came back. He said he couldn’t live without me. He said I broke his heart and made me promise never to do it again. I made that promise, knowing that I would never do that again. Then he left for Nigeria and got stranded. His predicament opened the door for temptations and I welcomed Joshua into my life. That was the advent of my breakup with Solomon.
But as Max kissed his way down to my honey pot, I felt nervous and excited at the same time. I was finally going to have zex on a comfortable bed in a comfortable apartment with a confident sportsman. I had no doubt it was going to be fun. I never dreamt I would be fortunate enough to have someone like him on the same bed but it was happening.
I moaned as I felt his tongue on the entrance of my honey pot. It was heaven and I was helpless. There was nothing else I could do except to lay with my back on the bed and held his head as he did his wonders with his tongue.
We heard a little sound from my room, it was the little Zuby; he just woke up from sleep and couldn’t find me.
What a bad timing for the terrorist to wake up?
“Please hold on my little boy,” I murmured.
I was sure I wasn’t going to just sprang up and rush to the little boy. Crying wasn’t going to kill him, it would make him stronger. On the other hand, the opportunity I found myself in could only be stopped by death. I was certain that if the much awaited Christian rapture was going to happen at that moment, I would ask our Lord to give me some more time because I couldn’t figure out a better thing to do in Heaven. I was already in Heaven; a preferred physical Heaven, not the imaginative one we were told.
I felt the finger inside of me. Max found it difficult to penetrate me with his finger. It pained me a little and I wondered if I had returned to virginity.
“Please baby, take it easy,” I said as the finger increased to two eventually.
The moisture that gradually started to form on the walls of my honey pot made it a little easier for Max to finger me. It fell like doing the major thing but I knew I wanted his manhood inside of me; it would create the necessary bond needed to make our relationship stronger. I prayed the little boy has slept again because after the initial one time cry, I didn’t hear from him again.
Everything around me felt the same way until I felt Max inserting his manhood into me. I spread my legs wide apart to enable him have easy penetration but yet, it was difficult. But eventually, I felt the entire length of his manhood inside me. Every space between the walls of my honey pot and his manhood was filled as he moved in and out slowly until the flow became easier for him.
Since I was on my back, his face was directly opposite mine. I didn’t know when I pulled his head down a little for his face to align with mine, then my lips found his and I kissed away as he moved in and out of me.
During this wonderful experience, I prayed. I prayed that he never stopped. I prayed that he was real and I prayed he would never leave me. I prayed to have such opportunity again in the future. I prayed that I wasn’t dreaming and when he suddenly pulled his manhood and splashed my body with his sperms, I knew it wasn’t a dream; it was real.
I smiled at him as I lay naked on the bed.
“Did you enjoy it?” He asked.
Of course I did
I nodded.
I didn’t just enjoy it, I loved it, I hoped for it and I wished it to happen every minute of my life.
Life outside was full of troubles and there was Max, asking if I enjoyed the best moment I found myself in almost forever.

“You are good,” I said and smiled.
He smiled too.
“I still don’t believe what’s happening between us. I thought you were just an angel sent by my God to help me out at the mall, but now I know that God didn’t just send you to help me, He also sent you to dry my tears,” I said.
Tears were almost coming out of my eyes again until the cry from the adjacent room reminded me that we were not alone in the apartment.
“Let me go and get him,” Max said as he stood up from the bed and scrambled into his boxers.

I love the part Max said, "let me go and get".

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
SeriousMinded:

I love the part Max said, "let me go and get".

Welcome to Global Runs.
You don't have to quote the entire Episode.

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by slimzpresh(f): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
I want to register in Global runs...how do i go about it?
ZUBY77:

This story will start and end here.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 9:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
slimzpresh:
I want to register in Global runs...how do i go about it?

Registration is currently Closed.
It will open on July 1st.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by SPDAZZY(f): 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
Is this a kind of sequel to there and back in time?

Enjoying this
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by 18wheeler: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
Zubby Zubby Zubby... you have captivated me for over 2years now. Following you since 'Life on the run' till date. And am not gonna stop following. You are great and will keep being same. Thanks for sharing your life and experience. You help a lot of lives that you can never know.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by slimzpresh(f): 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
Why na??i fell in love with one of the stories there,i hope i can bear the suspence till i register
ZUBY77:

Registration is currently Closed.
It will open on July 1st.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by donephi(m): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
The man with the lion heart. The guy who believes he can do anything, now I have something that can keep me glued on this site. After there and back, I thought I won't read your work on this platform again. We missed you. Welcome back, I hope you won't direct us to your site again.

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by DankemzI(m): 8:52am On Jun 12, 2016
Zubby the Chinwe Achebe of Nairaland. Am following this new story straight up!
I need a hardcopy of Global Runs, how do I go about getting it?
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2016
DankemzI:
Zubby the Chinwe Achebe of Nairaland. Am following this new story straight up!
I need a hardcopy of Global Runs, how do I go about getting it?

You can follow the phone number on my website.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by ZUBY77(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2016
Episode 13: The Day Started to Break

Lisbon Portugal 2005

Lisbon was not like Berlin, but development, civilization and human rights trumped everything else. It was Europe after all, the pioneers of industrialization and modern civilization.

We got down from the train and took a taxi to the area where Madam Grace had her phantom supermarket. It wasn’t what I expected but then, Europe wasn’t what I expected either.
The African Shop Madam Grace fronted as her business in Lisbon was filled with the same type of food items I saw in Nigeria; Yams, Cassava flakes, red oil, Maggi sweetener and all that.

“Aunty, is she a new girl?” The black girl at the store counter asked. She sounded Edo to me.

“Yes, I just brought her from Africa. She will learn the work from you Mary,” Madam Grace said.

Learn what work from Mary?

Selling foodstuff wasn’t a job that required much effort to deal on. The prices were pasted on each item. All that was required was to receive money from customers, package whatever they paid for and smile a 'Thank you for shopping with us' to him or her.
I wanted to ask Grace if I was supposed to work there but then I was new in town and needed to keep quiet and observe first.

“Welcome to Portugal sister. You look beautiful, the customers will like you,” Mary said.
Of course the customers will like me especially if I attend to them properly. As long as I give them what they pay for, I saw no reasons for them not to like me. Another reason why they would like me was if I give them the items at cheaper rates. A medium sized tuber of yam was sold at 10 Euros, which was about 1800 Naira then. If I sold the yam to a customers at 8 Euros, we still made some profits and I saw no reason why they won’t like me.

“Would you like to drink malt?” Madam Grace asked as she smiled at me.
“Yes Aunt Grace, thanks,” I responded.

Mary stood up from her chair and opened the fridge. A bottle of cold malt was opened for me and I started sipping it immediately. I was tired and thirsty and hungry and surprised at how everywhere was different from Nigeria. I used to think that all the good roads and houses I saw in foreign movies were film tricks until I found myself in Europe.

“I am going home now. You will go with Mary when she closes the store. Give me your Passport; I will keep it for you. You no longer need it now,” Madam Grace said.
I fumbled in my handbag and brought out my international passport, handed it over to her and thanked her for keeping it safe for me.
What did I know?

I didn’t know what international passport was until Madam Grace made one for me. As a result, I saw no reason why I shouldn’t give her the passport when she asked.

It was already 11pm when she walked in, leather handbag hanging on her shoulder, standing on elevated shoes. “Who is this?” She pointed at me. She was obviously talking to Mary.
“It’s out new girl. She came today,” Mary said, she was all smiles as if I brought gifts for them.
“Welcome. What’s your name?” She asked. That was for me.
“Jennifer,” I said.
“How is Naija?” She continued.
I told her Nigeria was fine. What else was there to say? Nigeria was fine as it has always been, only that judging by what I had seen in Portugal since I came into the country, Nigeria was simply not fine; not even close.

“Jenny, this is Jane. Your name and her name sound the same,” Mary said as she reignited the hidden smiles on her face.
“I think I like her, I will teach her the job very well,” Jane said.
Confusion detected.

What job was she going to teach me with high-heeled leather shoes and red lips that had witnessed the demise of countless lipsticks in a short period?
“Thanks sister Jane,” I said and smiled. I had to smile.
Someone just offered to teach me ‘The Job’ and I was expected to show some kind of appreciation even if I didn’t know exactly what she was going to teach me.

“Jane and I live together in the same room. Madam said you will join us.” That was Mary speaking.
I wanted to ask if she meant one room or one house but I had no courage to do that. I didn’t want to be in their black books. They were about to teach me the job of my life and it would be disastrous if I asked the wrong questions.

“She must be tired. I am going home and she can follow me. You can come back when you close the store,” Jane said.
“How was work today?” Mary asked, she was talking to Jane.
It was the turn of Jane to talk. “I did three men and got tired. I need some rest, tomorrow is another day.”

I didn’t quite understand what Jane said, or perhaps what she meant.
I was also going to let that one pass without asking questions. The reality was that I didn’t know where I was and how I got there. The last thing I remembered pretty well was leaving my compound in Benin City Nigeria, everything that followed up to the moment I found myself in that food store in Lisbon, was simply a dream. Perhaps I would wake up someday but at that moment, I was dreaming.

“Let’s go baby,” Jane said.
Her statement brought me out of my reverie which had assumed the total control of me since I sat down in that store.
“You can follow her, I will close by midnight and come home,” Mary said.
I stood up, picked my luggage and followed Jane.
We arrived at the one room apartment where she told me she shared with Mary.
Everywhere was littered with tight clothes that vaguely defined whatever they did in Portugal before my arrival.
As soon as I dropped my bag in a corner, I started arranging their clothes. I would pick up a stray cloth and carefully placed it inside a wooden wardrobe. Jane ignored me as I worked tirelessly until everywhere was arranged the way I believed it should be.

“You can go and take your bathe when you are tired,” Jane said as she pointed to the bathroom door.
Some minutes later, I walked into the bathroom which also happened to be where the toilet Water Closet was.

“Jesus!” I shouted.

“What is it Jenny?” Jane said as she rushed into the bathroom.
I pointed in the water closet.
Two used condoms were floating on top of the water inside the closet, both with sperm inside them.

“Is that why you shouted as if you saw your father’s manhood?” Jane asked.
I looked at her with surprise. “What?”

She stared steadily at me. “Welcome to Portugal again Jennifer and you better start getting used to such things because from now, you will be seeing and even using many of it on daily basis.”

Dedicated to Chief MKO Abiola. “Those who died while defending their rights, died for defending the rights of others”

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by Martartins(m): 11:29am On Jun 12, 2016
Zubby what can I say that has not already being said. Iwu okie.....More grease to your pen. I now understand your fixation with cities and places when I read in your bio that you studied Geography.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by noble4d(m): 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
This is awesome Bro, keep writing them.
Re: Jennifer: Grass To Grace by pweetyz(f): 12:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
Please how can a protected post be read

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

CI / A Thorn In The Flesh / Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.