Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August (8743 Views)

Poll: 3 points are going to which team?

Burnley: 62% (17 votes)
Manchester United: 33% (9 votes)
Draw: 3% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid : Spanish Super Cup (1 - 1) On 19th August 2014 / Besiktas Vs Arsenal :Champions League Playoff : (0 - 0) On 19th August 2014 / Wigan Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 19th August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Sauron1: 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2009
nateevs:

Early days everyone . . . .
ManU have lost the first few matches b4 and still went on to win the league. .

But it sure damn feels very very mutherf.ckingly good!  grin grin

We have an allowance. . . . 5 defeats, 5 draws. . . . .The aim is to cop 28 league victories.

davidylan:

You're making a huge mistake though . . . there is no Ronaldo to practically claw you into winning matches you shld ordinarily lose this season.

It's a deliberate ploy. . . . .

Start well now and you experience a burn-out later(It's the law of nature).
It's the reason Arsenal haven't won the league for 5 years. . . . .

Ronaldo has nothing to do with this.
The KEY is don't be too far away from the league leaders. Everyone would still drop points at some time later.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Agbalanze(m): 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2009
D fact is dat utd built their team around 1 player in d person of CR7. Now that he's gone, u guys shld b ready 4 more upsets!
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Cristalz(f): 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2009
Krayola2:

Meanwhile Manchester city has taken the lead against Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

The tide is turnin in the City of Manchester.   cool

Shame on UTD

Dude, what is your problem? You can't even support your club anymore. Barca fans should be ashamed of you. cheesy grin

@Tatase
Hey, go easy there, girl.
Tevez was an intelligent United player, and he played with blood, sweat and a lotta heart. Respect the dude.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Borat1: 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
If i'm to recount the number of times ronaldo bailed the scumtwats out of scandalous situations such as these, this thread will exceed a 100 pages.
The problem with the scummies is
1) they LOST ronaldo
2) they FOUND owen. grin
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by jalether(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
~Borat~:

If i'm to recount the number of times ronaldo bailed the scumtwats out of scandalous situations such as these, this thread will exceed a 100 pages.
The problem with the scummies is
1) they LOST ronaldo
2) they FOUND owen. grin

GBAM, unfortunately sauron still fails to realise/admit it
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Agbalanze(m): 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2009
Owen that cld nt deliver Newcastle even as a skipper! There can never b another CR7!!
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by bydot1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2009
Its just a matter of time.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Sauron1: 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2009
jalether:

GBAM, unfortunately sauron still fails to realise/admit it

I will remind y'all when United go on another 14-game run without conceding.
Until October. . . . .United's form will be zig-zag.
SAF is the master of this league and i know from experience that matches played in August/September don't mean shit.

Barcelona lost their first league game last season and they won. . . . .THE TREBLE.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Borat1: 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2009
Its not just your forwards that have got a problem sir, please take a peek at your back.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by chic2pimp(m): 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2009
~Borat~:

Its not just your forwards that have got a problem sir, please take a peek at your back.
the defence is fine in my opinion. How would chelsea cope if they loose carvalho and terry,liverpool if they loose carragher and skrtel,and arsenal if they loose vermaleen and gallas. Its the forward position that needs strenghtening not the defence me thinks.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Tatase(f): 11:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
davidylan:

Tatase . . . whom should Fergie buy? tongue

I think his first mistake was taking Owen on a free instead of getting a decent forward. Giving Owen the number 7 shirt was just a slap in Ronaldo's face. Valencia will come good for you guys, he has speed and technique.

I don't even care that Owen was taken on a free if only there were no expectations on him. How much is he earining 20K a week? Whatever. It's just the fact that Ferguson seems to actually expect him to be good!!!  shocked shocked shocked What signs of goodness has he shown since the days since he was "young Michael Owen?"

Anyway, as to what we should buy. . . well now it's late, and all the choice targets are taken. . . but of course it's never too late where there's money <hehe>:
Defence:
We could use some Hangeland so that we don't have to deal with replacing our perpetual sick notes with Porto's honorary player Johnny Evans. I'm not mad at our defence with the exception of Evans and Neville and Sickbay Chief Hargreaves, but they seem to have ALOT of injury problems which I think are affecting consistency.
Midfield:
We need wingers. Valencia show's promise but he's not accurate when it comes to his final cross. I'd like Ribery but I don't think he's worth the money Bayern want especially since that money would be better spent on a striker or at least a high goal-scoring midfielder.
Strikers:
Even though I know it's not really strikers that are scoring these days in the premiership, it never hurts to have one or two with a killer instinct. Not this overly-polite twosome we currently have going. We need some selfishness or some score-or-die attitude. What about Dani Guiza or Aguero? Or we could hijack the Negredo deal? Come to think of it sef, its an insult that Owen is selected before Macheda, Macheda should be selected before Owen anyday anytime. Also David Villa maybe if he would leave Spain. I'd even take Dindane or Gudjohnsen both of whom are pretty cheap; I'm at least sure they're better than Owen. Or we can go back the Forlan route, he blossomed post-United.

I don't know sha. People who are being paid to do so (Yes I mean you Japp Stam and you Sir Alex's brother) should come up with a list and then I can veto it. . .  lol  tongue grin
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2009
Agbalanze:

D fact is dat utd built their team around 1 player in d person of CR7. Now that he's gone, u guys shld b ready 4 more upsets!

Gbam!
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2009
Tatase:

I don't even care that Owen was taken on a free if only there were no expectations on him. How much is he earining 20K a week? Whatever. It's just the fact that Ferguson seems to actually expect him to be good!!!  shocked shocked shocked What signs of goodness has he shown since the days since he was "young Michael Owen?"

Anyway, as to what we should buy. . . well now it's late, and all the choice targets are taken. . . but of course it's never too late where there's money <hehe>:
Defence:
We could use some Hangeland so that we don't have to deal with replacing our perpetual sick notes with Porto's honorary player Johnny Evans. I'm not mad at our defence with the exception of Evans and Neville and Sickbay Chief Hargreaves, but they seem to have ALOT of injury problems which I think are affecting consistency.
Midfield:
We need wingers. Valencia show's promise but he's not accurate when it comes to his final cross. I'd like Ribery but I don't think he's worth the money Bayern want especially since that money would be better spent on a striker or at least a high goal-scoring midfielder.
Strikers:
Even though I know it's not really strikers that are scoring these days in the premiership, it never hurts to have one or two with a killer instinct. Not this overly-polite twosome we currently have going. We need some selfishness or some score-or-die attitude. What about Dani Guiza or Aguero? Or we could hijack the Negredo deal? Come to think of it sef, its an insult that Owen is selected before Macheda, Macheda should be selected before Owen anyday anytime. Also David Villa maybe if he would leave Spain. I'd even take Dindane or Gudjohnsen both of whom are pretty cheap; I'm at least sure they're better than Owen. Or we can go back the Forlan route, he blossomed post-United.

I don't know sha. People who are being paid to do so (Yes I mean you Japp Stam and you Sir Alex's brother) should come up with a list and then I can veto it. . .  lol  tongue grin

tatase good talk but forget about Hangeland (shey because Arsenal wants him abi?) or Aguero. Man U have a fearsome strike force, they just dont know how to deploy them since Ronaldo always got them out of jail anyway. Rooney and Berbatov NEED to be playing together more often, they need that Macheda guy as you rightly pointed out. Owen shld only play in case of injury or tiredness to the top dogs. Please lose Park, he is a liability to your team, get Nani fit . . .

Your back 4 is excellent, but carick and Anderson have been poor IMO. You need a midfield maestro like we've got Fabregas and a DM like Hargreaves and you're good to go. Valencia is very good so i dont think you need to worry.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Tatase(f): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2009
To the Ronaldo is gone= doom group:

Of course it will be difficult because he was such an integral part of our game. Everyone has iconic players that leave or retire sometimes and of course it changes things. And Ronaldo had so much fire that it was able to inspire those around him and many people got lazy as a result.

I don't think we've fallen apart and we're certainly better than I thought we'd be without him, however, there are a lot of consistent injury worries and some players that are frankly just not carrying their weight and one wants to think that the money gotten from the Ronaldo sale will be spent on more than a Wigan player who needs some development, a has-been, and some infant from French league who probably also needs development.

It's not that I think our current team can't make it, they can if they really want it, if they get some passion and if everyone pulls their weight for once. There are a lot of bad/lazy habits that have been developped over the Ron years but those can be broken. I do think things will be a little easier for everyone if we increased our squad depth and made some signings especially up-front or possibly with a goal-scoring midfielder.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Sauron1: 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2009
So much knee-jerk reactions. . . .
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Tatase(f): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2009
davidylan:

tatase good talk but forget about Hangeland (shey because Arsenal wants him abi?) or Aguero. Man U have a fearsome strike force, they just dont know how to deploy them since Ronaldo always got them out of jail anyway. Rooney and Berbatov NEED to be playing together more often, they need that Macheda guy as you rightly pointed out. Owen shld only play in case of injury or tiredness to the top dogs. Please lose Park, he is a liability to your team, get Nani fit . . .

Your back 4 is excellent, but carick and Anderson have been poor IMO. You need a midfield maestro like we've got Fabregas and a DM like Hargreaves and you're good to go. Valencia is very good so i dont think you need to worry.

I typically don't agree with you on the Sports forum when I read your posts but I actually agree with you here 100%. I've long said Park has luck that's it. He's a hard worker but he has no natural talent for football and he falls down to easily at crucial moments. He's just not good enough for us. Maybe like a mid-table team or something. Anderson is neither coming nor going, he just runs around aimlessly, no purpose except to run and smile like he has special needs. Valencia is good and has something going but he needs a lot of work and he needs to put in extra hours practicing his crossing because right now he's very inaccurate even though he gets into good spots for it. Carrick is another one I see something in but he's so effing lazy. He is the opposite for Park. You can see that he has a brain and a natural talent for football but he doesn't want to work. He doesn't want to run. He loses the ball he doesn't go after it. He doesn't tackle and he's a central midfielder. So it's like why are you here. I wan't a Nani fan before I'll admit, but since Ronaldo he's really really stepped up and I'm blown away by him. He reminds me a little of Ronaldo in his first season with us (except without so many step-overs). This his shoulder thing though is problematic. What do we want with Hargreaves? i've written that one off since.

I'm not saying Berbatov and Rooney are bad. Berbatov has certainly improved and works a lot harder. It's just that Rooney seems to hve become accustomed to playing a midfield row and providing support instead of going for it himself and Berbatov sometimes passes the ball at crucial moments so that you're like "why?" Fergie doesn't seem to want to start Macheda for some reason maybe his youth? But its like so many players in our team were in the first team at that age so I don't get it. I want us to have one selfish person up front, you know what I mean, one person who wants glory and is not generously passing the ball in front of goal.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2009
Tatase:

I typically don't agree with you on the Sports forum when I read your posts but I actually agree with you here 100%. I've long said Park has luck that's it. He's a hard worker but he has no natural talent for football and he falls down to easily at crucial moments. He's just not good enough for us. Maybe like a mid-table team or something. Anderson is neither coming nor going, he just runs around aimlessly, no purpose except to run and smile like he has special needs. Valencia is good and has something going but he needs a lot of work and he needs to put in extra hours practicing his crossing because right now he's very inaccurate even though he gets into good spots for it. Carrick is another one I see something in but he's so effing lazy. He is the opposite for Park. You can see that he has a brain and a natural talent for football but he doesn't want to work. He doesn't want to run. He loses the ball he doesn't go after it. He doesn't tackle and he's a central midfielder. So it's like why are you here. I wan't a Nani fan before I'll admit, but since Ronaldo he's really really stepped up and I'm blown away by him. He reminds me a little of Ronaldo in his first season with us (except without so many step-overs). This his shoulder thing though is problematic. What do we want with Hargreaves? i've written that one off since.

I'm not saying Berbatov and Rooney are bad. Berbatov has certainly improved and works a lot harder. It's just that Rooney seems to hve become accustomed to playing a midfield row and providing support instead of going for it himself and Berbatov sometimes passes the ball at crucial moments so that you're like "why?" Fergie doesn't seem to want to start Macheda for some reason maybe his youth? But its like so many players in our team were in the first team at that age so I don't get it. I want us to have one selfish person up front, you know what I mean, one person who wants glory and is not generously passing the ball in front of goal.

Ha welcome to the Arsenal attack, we're used to it. grin You've got a selfish and ruthless goal poacher in Rooney, without him Man U would be totally toothless.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Tatase(f): 12:03am On Aug 20, 2009
davidylan:

Ha welcome to the Arsenal attack, we're used to it. grin You've got a selfish and ruthless goal poacher in Rooney, without him Man U would be totally toothless.

LOL about arsenal. . . abi you guys have van persie? I've never really noticed him doing much else but waiting around to score or trying to get into position to score, but to be fair I haven't paid too much attention. As for Rooney, he's good, and he's a team player, but as for the ruthless killer instinct I'm talking about, maybe before o. . . I feel like he thinks he's some kind of midfielder because of the role he's been playing in the past couple of seasons.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Kratos007(m): 12:19am On Aug 20, 2009
Heh. Excuses and the like. Where's the dark Arrow sauron who always seems to be on the 'gayners' thread? Oh, he's busy trying to put up some semblance of a defence as to why ManURE were beaten by the number 1 pick for relegation. Oh dear, this is going to be a loooong season. Meanwhile the scousers have leapfrogged u scummy obertans. I love this game!
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Sauron1: 12:24am On Aug 20, 2009
Kratos007:

Heh. Excuses and the like. Where's the dark Arrow sauron who always seems to be on the 'gayners' thread? Oh, he's busy trying to put up some semblance of a defence as to why ManURE were beaten by the number 1 pick for relegation. Oh dear, this is going to be a loooong season. Meanwhile the scousers have leapfrogged u scummy obertans. I love this game!

And common sense forgot to tell you the season is not won in August?
What a laboratory retard!!!!
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by agabaI23(m): 12:29am On Aug 20, 2009
Anyone who thinks they are down and out must have come out from an Indian hemp joint.
I am only happy that it was burnley again. As per the season, Fergie will ban even sex to get them all to wake up.Let the games begin. Gunners for life!
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by nateevs(m): 12:52am On Aug 20, 2009
Like I said . . nothing spoil. . .
It's ManU and they have their ways of bouncing back. .

I can but though, as a Chelsea fan rejoice when they drop points .
Every point dropped takes Chelsea towards to title. .
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Sauron1: 12:56am On Aug 20, 2009
nateevs:

Like I said . . nothing spoil. . .
It's ManU and they have their ways of bouncing back. .

I can but though, as a Chelsea fan rejoice when they drop points .
Every point dropped takes Chelsea towards to title. .

I laugh in Mandarin. grin
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by rockyfela(m): 2:28am On Aug 20, 2009
shit no ronaldo to save them.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by dayokanu(m): 6:36am On Aug 20, 2009
What a volley!!!!
Evra shoulda put the ball out of touch instead of keeping it alive for them. . . .
Letz see what Owen can do to rescue this.

Best Left back in the world?

I laugh in tongues
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by FBS: 6:38am On Aug 20, 2009
And how did I manage to miss this epic tie?
What? Burnley beat Manure? Even Carrick couldn't convert a penalty?

Can anyone suggest a song (in spanish) that goes with such a spectacular and fully deserved victory?  cheesy
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by biina: 8:03am On Aug 20, 2009
dayokanu:

Best Left back in the world?

I laugh in tongues
Only someone with a short memory would call Evra the best left back in the world

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/NlgWAkbsii4&NR[/flash]

Like the commentator said, "I don't know what really Evra was doing. He made a real mess of it"

The guy has an history of committing blunders. A left backs primary job is to defend. If he cant do that adequately enough, he has no business being considered as the best in his position.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by BinghiNya(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2009
United lost and so what?
Did Barcelona win their first match of the season after selling dinho and deco. Why didn"t arsenal or chelsea win the last 2 season's respectively after impressive starts. United will bounce back. Note: Giggs and anderson won't function together in the midfield.

Arsenal and Wigan will feel the backlash. angry
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by FBS: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2009
BinghiNya:

United lost and so what?
Did Barcelona win their first match of the season after selling dinho and deco. Why didn"t arsenal or chelsea win the last 2 season's respectively after impressive starts. United will bounce back. Note: Giggs and anderson won't function together in the midfield.

Arsenal and Wigan will feel the backlash. angry
Auntie please tell us a story. tongue grin
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 20, 2009
This is the usaual pattern for United.
They usually don't start strongly.

Shouldn't be losing to Burnley though.
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by v3: 9:50am On Aug 20, 2009
Nuff respect to Burnley though (giant killerz last season, bloody sent arsenal out)

But this is the prem, and Manure shouldn't be losing to SUCH a team like em, I'm no manure fan but seeing em play like that

Gosh, SAF shud sell Owen (thank God he's on Pay as u play). . Carrick (what a sitter he missed), Park (wasting chances like shit)

It was refreshin to see Manure lose to "underdogs" like burnley though, a good laugh would come from wily Arsene Went-gay!!
Re: Burnley(1) Vs Manchester United(0) On Wednesday 19th August by BinghiNya(m): 9:53am On Aug 20, 2009
FBS,

No one told stories. It is  a fact. Check your record books. United is greater than all ya.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

FA CUP: Chelsea Vs Leicester City (5 - 2) On March 18th 2012 / FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May / All The Results From Yesterday's EUROPA League Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.