Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded (38784 Views)

What The New Oshodi And Airport Road Would Look Like - Ambode Reveals / Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI / DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by antontech(m): 12:07pm On May 18, 2016
confirm. here at unizik, student has been told to go home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Oceemo(m): 12:08pm On May 18, 2016
This strike don't hold much water I don't see it as a way 2 reach out 2 d government. The masses no dey NLC side this time I guess men from d east can form d crowd we need sha.

1 Like

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by tinsel: 12:09pm On May 18, 2016
They are diverting attention from there failed strike.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Horus(m): 12:09pm On May 18, 2016

The strike is dead

2 Likes

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Scarpon(m): 12:09pm On May 18, 2016
Nigerians we are our own problems suffring and smiling we can't stand for our right
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by gbens2000(m): 12:10pm On May 18, 2016
babasolo:

Ma guy na u be better person joooor Up liveeeeeeeeeerpooooooooool
am not a liverpool fan but i will go with them cuz i like klopp.liverpool all the way.klopp is doing a commendable job at anfield and am sure they wouldnt work alone

1 Like

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by DaniDani(m): 12:10pm On May 18, 2016
LET THE STRIKE CONTINUE ABEG, ENOUGH OF BUHARI AND EFEECEE NONSENSE .BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Originality007: 12:10pm On May 18, 2016
goldenceo1:
I don't know what is called protest today. what am looking out for today is my beloved LIVERPOOL Vs SEVILLA. #EuropeanLeague

Yes o, Liverpool is going down Today. Up sevila
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Victor08032(m): 12:15pm On May 18, 2016
some of the member from TUC must have been manipulating in subsidy money due to their failure on reaction to our ongoing nation wide strike, between us and federal Gov IJA SESEBERE NI coolsome of the member from TUC must have been manipulating in subsidy money due to their failure on reaction to our ongoing nation wide strike, between us and federal Gov IJA SESEBERE NI
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by ukchy: 12:15pm On May 18, 2016
The same court order your mr rightous refuse to obey
Hypicrite is a disease seriously

RockHard:

The protest is an exercise in futility coz their ranks have been broken and infiltrated so they no longer have any bargaining power with the government. Don't forget that there's even a subsisting court order barring the protests from holding. So there you have it.

1 Like

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 18, 2016
RockHard:
They are just wasting their time.
And this reminds me of June 12 protest.....May his soul RIP @ MKO Abiola.
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Olril18(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2016
RockHard:

The protest is an exercise in futility coz their ranks have been broken and infiltrated so they no longer have any bargaining power with the government. Don't forget that there's even a subsisting court order barring the protests from holding. So there you have it.
labour has right to protest, its is not a crime nor an offence in the law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by HurtgenForest: 12:17pm On May 18, 2016
free2ryhme:

at least they are not coward like some who make promises and failed to redeemed them

Honestly.

1 Like

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by DaMotivator(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2016
a house divided against it self cannot stand...d ranks of NLC has been compromised...so NLC should put itself in order before all dis public walk of shame....sorry protest...NLC trying so hard to be relevant in today's society...heard TUC has disassociated itself from d strike self....dis strike is failure waiting to happen....end time strike

1 Like

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by otokx(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2016
Are they still there?
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Onasa22: 12:18pm On May 18, 2016
Protest continue

1 Like

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by 6digitscomrade: 12:19pm On May 18, 2016
the same mods dat gave me 2weeks ban for saying land of the rising sun?because it means igbos?nairaland is about to die....
mykel25:
Don't want to call the MOD of this section names......news like this is meant to be in front page can u imagine I was refreshing constantly d frontpage to see the cause of traffic and why I saw d convoy of police vans....Mtcheew if it a nonsense post that ll generate traffic u ll be quick to move to frontpage ode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by gbens2000(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2016
MKO4ever:
I thought that FG proposed N120/litre to NLC yesterday but NLC rejected and insisted on total reversal to the former price.

Now that the strike is not going to be effective as they have thought, what will then happen to the N120/litre proposal?

the other factions that have not joined the strike are still negotiating.
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by tinnymerit(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2016
regards to all those old men tthat were doing early morning exercise,hope they will loose more calories tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 18, 2016
this is how #occupynigeria started,by tomorrow more bodies will join the stike grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by macaranta(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2016
Okay ..let's see how it goes
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by EmekaBlue(m): 12:24pm On May 18, 2016
people abusing nlc r u guyz crazy? they r fighting under hottest sun fr ur good so atleast mayb d price shud b negotiated and reduced to a bearable value to manage d suffering in this hardtimes and u sitting in ur room abusing...Gerrout fr real mehn.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by walecosby: 12:25pm On May 18, 2016
goldenceo1:
I don't know what is called protest today. what am looking out for today is my beloved LIVERPOOL Vs SEVILLA. #EuropeanLeague

Same here

1 Like

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Daliano(m): 12:25pm On May 18, 2016
Legitbaba:
YNWA
Check my profile
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by wordychap: 12:28pm On May 18, 2016
Here in University of Uyo
Total shut down of all offices as all Unions; ASUU, SSANU and NASU have told workers to go home!

Hitting the streets to join d demonstration mode!
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by BRAV0O(m): 12:29pm On May 18, 2016
May God bless NLC!! all u paid propagandist your time is coming
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by tommykiwi(m): 12:29pm On May 18, 2016
RockHard:
They are just wasting their time.
how r they wasting their time? All dis APC supporters are something else.
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by kenrich: 12:30pm On May 18, 2016
NLC are fighting for their pocket, removing of fuel subsidy is the best for Nigeria, and the common man on the street.

1 Like

Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Raphaelgreg040(m): 12:32pm On May 18, 2016
Who them EPP?
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Johnsinia(m): 12:32pm On May 18, 2016
kenrich:
NLC are fighting for their pocket, removing of fuel subsidy is the best for Nigeria, and the common man on the street.
send ds massage to ur likes n fellow zombies, we r nw more enlightened
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by andreernest28(m): 12:34pm On May 18, 2016
Thin country is messed up already,why all dis shit nw
Re: NLC Blocks Lagos Airport Road, Commuters Stranded by Boeing777pilot: 12:34pm On May 18, 2016
At the end of the day, it's the common man that will suffer adversely by the time the whole country grinds to a halt, markets don't open and food stocks start running out. Then the populace will turn against the nlc.

Strike actions in the 21st century is outdated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' / Depot Nigerian Army Cancels Pop Late Army Chief Attahiru Was To Attend / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail: Fani-Kayode Blocked From Entering Court By Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.