Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

For Desperate Job Seekers Alone - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / For Desperate Job Seekers Alone (1385 Views)

JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! / Desperate Job Seeker Available For Immediate Employment / What Desperate Job Search Can Do; He Got A Job In The House Of A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Desperate Job Seekers Alone by swillonch(m): 9:51am On May 18, 2016
Scam alert!!!

Good day Nairalanders! Beware of fraudsters as a job seeker as publicity defeats scammers !
This morning, I woke up to check my email and i saw two reminder at same time from info@addaxpetroleum-ng.com of same content. Having read series of warnings on NL concerning job scamming I don't need a third party to tell me the source of the invitation.
These guys are smart. Check the body of the email and the tempting address but don't be carried away by calling that phone number.

Here is the email:
Reminder: Employment Notification

Dear xxxxx xxxxxxx

This is to notify and remind you that we are yet to receive any of the required documents as requested by the company. 

Since you have been shortlisted for   Addax Petroleum Development Company  Training Program which is to be commenced on the 7th June, 2016. you are required to send to us the below requirements

Requirements
1. Photocopies of your Academic Certificates.
2. Nebosh IGC certificate.
3. HSE level 3 certificate.

All the above certificates must be submited to 

Hiring Coordinator
Addax Petroleum Development Company.
12 Adebayo Adeshina Street,
Lekki Phase 1, Victoria.
Lagos State.
Phone:  09038743380

Ensure all the above listed documents are submitted on or before 20th May,2016. as failure will result to disqualifications.

Feel free to contact the hiring coordinatior if you have any enquiry.

Best Regards

Hiring Coordinator
Addax Petroleum Development Company.
12 Adebayo Adeshina Street,
Lekki Phase 1, Victoria.
Lagos State.
Phone:  09038743380
Re: For Desperate Job Seekers Alone by nurez305(m): 9:58am On May 18, 2016
why did u think is a scam, did u knw their address b4
Re: For Desperate Job Seekers Alone by swillonch(m): 10:14am On May 18, 2016
nurez305:
why did u think is a scam, did u knw their address b4
If u've been invited and attended an interview from a reputable company before u see incompleteness of the aforementioned email
Re: For Desperate Job Seekers Alone by Eve62(f): 12:49pm On May 18, 2016
Op did u apply to such coy? I no be Police sha but I really can't see anytin fishy der except if d address is not corresponding. So how did u come to conclude it was scam
Re: For Desperate Job Seekers Alone by swillonch(m): 5:09pm On May 19, 2016
Eve62:
Op did u apply to such coy? I no be Police sha but I really can't see anytin fishy der except if d address is not corresponding. So how did u come to conclude it was scam
Yea, I concluded based on experience I had 3months ago. I got a well detailed email like this from lubcon oil and I was told to call the HR for clarity. I was told to pay for certificate that I have not gotten. If you were the one wat wud hv bin ur conclusion base on that?
Re: For Desperate Job Seekers Alone by swillonch(m): 5:20pm On May 19, 2016
Eve62:
Truth be told, I can't tell because I apply for jobs almost everyday. I guess you know what I meant by EVERYDAY? But for now I'm doing job filter myself because most job sites are helping us get updated with job vacancy and at same time spreading JOB VIRUS(fraudsters) due to their lack of research on each job they post on their websites. God will surely help us in this hard times!
Re: For Desperate Job Seekers Alone by Eve62(f): 6:48am On May 20, 2016
swillonch:

Yea, I concluded based on experience I had 3months ago. I got a well detailed email like this from lubcon oil and I was told to call the HR for clarity. I was told to pay for certificate that I have not gotten. If you were the one wat wud hv bin ur conclusion base on that?

U er ryt. If u applied, u shld still have d sent mail. Y not check. Dats wot I do. Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Marriott International Latest Job Recruitment (24 Positions) / Front Desk Officer / Nigerian Army 76 Regular Recruits Intake (RRI) 2017 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.