Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. (781 Views)

Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Hon. Patrick O. Has A Word Of Advice For Those That Are Impatient With Pmb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Ikengawo: 7:55am On Aug 18, 2009
You can even see it in airports full of Nigerians lol. Impatient as hell, and they carry that attitude over to development.

everyone on this board is talking about giving up on nigeria cause it isn't equal to europe after being independent for 40 yrs.

most of these ppl don't know it took europe 800+ years to reach where they are today.

800+ years

and you want to make noise. my friend.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by blacksta(m): 7:58am On Aug 18, 2009
@poster

U no even sabi maths  -Nigeria has been independent for 49 years.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2009
Black men/nigerian can never stop giving excuses for their gross ignorance, wickedness, hypocrisy and greed.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Ikengawo: 8:11am On Aug 18, 2009
@poster

U no even sabi maths -Nigeria has been independent for 49 years.
my friend, is it not your mama.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Kobojunkie: 9:47am On Aug 18, 2009
nuzo:

Black men/nigerian can never stop giving excuses for their gross ignorance, wickedness, hypocrisy and greed.

I vote we castrate the next goon who comes in with another excuse for what we have as out lot today in this world!! Roflmao!!

@Poster, did you really think this one through?? It took Singapore about 25 years. There are examples all over of countries that did not have to wait 800 years to change things for the better.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by sjeezy8: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2009
@ post

its true but no excuse, this day and age level of education there is no reason why Nigeria can't be at the top, look at Ghana a small country not even 25% of resources Nigeria has and there going to be supplying Nigeria with power its a shame.

Even with tribalism and religion in the country, Nigerian Government should be above other countries.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Ikengawo: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2009
hell yeah i believe nigeria should be doing better then it is at the moment, but ppl want to talk as if they built rome in a day.
I vote we castrate the next goon who comes in with another excuse for what we have as out lot today in this world!! Roflmao!!

@Poster, did you really think this one through?? It took Singapore about 25 years. There are examples all over of countries that did not have to wait 800 years to change things for the better.
i dont believe that singapore is a 25 year old nation. On top of that smaller countries are easier to develop then larger ones. even today the netherlands is significantly more developed then russia.

i nigeria fucking up, yes, but is it over and should we just quit and start talking about JOINING THE BENIN REPUBLIC, lol no.

and why the hell is this benin republic talk gaining momentum? have you BEEN you the benin republic? do you really wanna compare their development to nigerias? non sense
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Moyola(f): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ topic

'Most' humans are impatient regardless of their nationality!
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Ikengawo: 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2009
We all know our own ppl are extra about it though lol. We had a nigerian reunion in my town and non of the ppl could find the place where it was supposed to be at. there was 16 nigerian ppls cars back to back on a US road. The place quickly turned to lagos traffic, i was amazed the police didn't do a mass pullover.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ikengawo:

hell yeah i believe nigeria should be doing better then it is at the moment, but ppl want to talk as if they built rome in a day.

i dont believe that singapore is a 25 year old nation. On top of that smaller countries are easier to develop then larger ones. even today the netherlands is significantly more developed then russia.

i nigeria fucking up, yes, but is it over and should we just quit and start talking about JOINING THE BENIN REPUBLIC, lol no.

and why the hell is this benin republic talk gaining momentum? have you BEEN you the benin republic? do you really wanna compare their development to nigerias? non sense

Dude, whatever issues you have with Benin Republic, na your own. I am not sure why you are telling me of that place when I never mentioned it anywhere in my post.

Anywho, Claiming Nigerians are impatient is to imply that they are actually WORKING to see change but are just not patient enough for it. This one don pass “Andrew No Check Out Oooo”. We should be singing “ Andrew Shake Body, Speak Out against all this Wahala now”.

Nigeria is not developed today because the people have not even been working to develop the country. So how can they be impatient when nothing is being done to develop it at all?
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Ikengawo: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
Well that's a lie.

the nigeria of my fathers time had less development then that of my own.
I go to nigeria every few years and there's leaps and bounds in development.
its just not fast enough for nigerian tastes but i check the CIA factbook for nigerian Per capita income annually and its always increasing signifcantly. the countries growth rate is one of the highest in the world and everywhere you go roads that didn't used to be there are being built businesses are booming and now ngerians in the west are returning home in mass numbers.

but nigerians wanna say nothing is developing all day long cause they didn't wake up and have flying cars and space travel.
Nigeria is even sending satelites to space now speaking of which.
they weren't and couldn't do this 15 years ago.

and the benin republic thing had nothing to do with you. ppl on this board have been idiotically talking about joining the benin republic that should even be joining nigeria sef.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Fhemmmy: 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2009
This is pure dust yarn
It took europe 800 years and took america donkey years, however, they had to invent it all, but we already have so many things to model after, we dont have to invent the wheel.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ikengawo:

Well that's a lie.

the nigeria of my fathers time had less development then that of my own.
I go to nigeria every few years and there's leaps and bounds in development.

Pray tell, please list some of these developments.

Ikengawo:

its just not fast enough for nigerian tastes but i check the CIA factbook for nigerian Per capita income annually and its always increasing signifcantly. the countries growth rate is one of the highest in the world and everywhere you go roads that didn't used to be there are being built businesses are booming and now ngerians in the west are returning home in mass numbers.

OH!! So you want to go by the CIA fact book then in measuring development in Nigeria?

Ikengawo:

but nigerians wanna say nothing is developing all day long cause they didn't wake up and have flying cars and space travel.

Oh!!! Now I know for a fact that you are making this stuff up. Please provide us with a list of these tremendous developments ooo do we can at least understand where you are coming from.

Ikengawo:

Nigeria is even sending satelites to space now speaking of which.
they weren't and couldn't do this 15 years ago.

lol . . . . We are sending Satellites made in China, into space and that is development for Nigeria? Hhhmm!!! I mean if you pay for someone else to do something for you, is that what you mean?

Dude, I need a list of the many developments ooo!!!
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by preselect(m): 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

grin grin grin grin grin i go die o grin grin grin
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by blacksta(m): 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
Ikengawo:

my friend, is it not your mama.
Your mama is tu rai
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by Ikengawo: 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2009
List the developments?

2nd largest film industry in the world
500% growth in telecoms in 2005
largest banking sector in africa
constantly increasing standard of living
country entering internet era

all in that past 5 years. just 5.
i remember when i lived in nigeria in 1994. we were the shit cause we had television. Now everyone has television on their phone. I also noticed, in my own village a raising middle class which was unheard of before. A lot of my uncles that were once poor are now neither super rich or poor, just middle class. Several states have announced and delivered free education, and the revolution in building private schools has given even villages access to world class education
the building of Abuja as a world class city, with Lagos soon to join

several nigerian businesses are expanding into other countries, we just built a bank in the UK.
We're sending satelites into space
talkless of Fashola's miracles in Lagos and the current building of a Dubai like Eco Atlantic City.

I can now say there isn't anything here in the Us that i couldn't find in nigeria when back in the early 90s my father who was in the US used to send us everything overseas.

off course there's much more, but we'd be here for days talking about them if you honestly believe NOTHING has improved in nigeria in all these years.

like i said the trend now is nigerians returning to nigeria and not vis versa according to CNN, this says something if i haven't said enough.
Re: Development: Nigerians Are Impatient. by davidif: 2:39am On Aug 19, 2009
EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES, NAIJA PEOPLE AND THERE USELESS EXCUSES.

It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not it is true. It is not only singapore that developed within a couple of decades but south korea, UAE even the likes of Taiwan, Hong kong, malaysia, thailand, UAE, vietnam (that was probably the poorest country in the world in 1990), china was poorer than a lot of countries in Africa, now they have the fastest growing economy in the world. After the second world war ended in 1945, Japan had been destroyed by the united states (infact, in some cities they were basically no buildings left standing) by 1968 they had become the second largest economy in the world that is less than 25 years meanwhile naija has been independent since 1960 and it still keeps regressing.
You also know what the funny thing about this countries is that with the exception of the UAE none of this countries have oil, now look where they are. We on the other hand have probably the most precious commodity in the world yet we are still one of the poorest nations in the world. My friend STOP GIVING EXCUSES.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians With Fake Travel Documents Face 10-year Ban. / Imo State.agbaso Vs Ohakim / More Police Checkpoints, More Crime In The South-east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.